Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Blastech DL -44 (Han Solos Blaster)??

Page: 1 of 1
 Beckett
04-15-2002, 6:00 PM
I was just curious if anyone else thinks it would be cool if someone would do a model based on Solo's Bastech blaster (flash supressor, sound effects and all)? I think the SP missions are screaming for this model, I would love to take out some storm troopers with this blaster. I also remember how cool it was from mysteries of the sith a few years back when they included this weapon. Any Thoughts?

Beckett
 StormHammer
04-15-2002, 6:52 PM
Yeah...I loved that weapon too. Glad to see they pumped up the Bryar secondary in a similar way to MotS...but it would be nice to have the DL-44 back in the lineup, including the proper sound effects. :) Go for it.
 Beckett
04-15-2002, 7:08 PM
yeah, the secondary fire on the Bryar isn't too bad, but I think the Bastech is a far superior and more powerful weapon since it was made to be a pistol rather than a rifle like the bryar.

Beck
 Emon
04-15-2002, 7:11 PM
There's no supressor on Han's DL-44, it's just a big ass barrel.
 MankaCat
04-15-2002, 9:33 PM
I'm sorry Emon, but who decided that? Alec Guiness when he was choreographing ANH? :P
 Solo4114
04-15-2002, 11:21 PM
Actually, Solo's blaster did have a flash suppressor on it. Or rather, a real life flash suppresor. It didn't function as one in the films, but it was there. Depending on which version of the gun you're looking at, it was the suppressor from an M3 Greasegun, I believe, or on another version, potentially the suppressor from a Czechoslovakian machinegun, I think.
 Beckett
04-15-2002, 11:52 PM
You're dead on Solo, In fact, the gun they used (and modified) is a Broomhandle Mauser from the world war II era. THey tacked on the supressor and two different types of scopes for each film.
Would anyone who knows how to model be interested in doing this???

Beckett.
 Rocketman
04-16-2002, 12:16 AM
the idea of a flash supressor on a weapon that fires big bright red energy bolts is amusing. anyway you'd think a weapon that is meant to be be a rifle would be more powerfull than a pistol...
 Con. Snake
04-16-2002, 12:20 AM
From what I understand, the flas suppresser was something they put on the gun to make it look more futuristic and cool in the movies, and didn't actually function as a FS in the movies.
 Emon
04-16-2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by MankaCat
I'm sorry Emon, but who decided that? Alec Guiness when he was choreographing ANH? :P

I said that's what I heard (or I meant to anyway), sorry if I made a mistake, I'm only human, not an all knowing god like yourself.

Your right, the gun design, as in being a hacked up Mouser, has a supressor, but functionally in the SW universe, it's just a big ass barrel that looks really damn cool.
Page: 1 of 1