Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Where I've Been

Page: 1 of 1
 BeastMaster
04-14-2002, 4:15 PM
Hey folks, it's me. :bossk:

If anyone's been wondering why I haven't been around in a few weeks, there're a variety of reasons:

(1) I've just gotten through the last weeks of the school year, which means essays, term papers, research papers, and much jumping through academic hoops to register for summer school and next year's courses.

(2) I require a basic level of functionality from my computer. I really don't think it's too much to ask that the computer, at the very least, be able to turn on and run quietly when I press the "power" button. I also require that it run WordPerfect and be able to attach to the internet to send and receive Emails. This is even ignoring things like my MP3 collection and my love of gaming.

Lately, my machine has been unable to perform even basic functions; it sometimes burns out just due to the strain of booting up. I've finally managed to browbeat my mother into springing for a new computer (I'm way beyond needing a simple upgrade). Hopefully, the new PC will happen sometime within the next few weeks (and I'll finally have a chance in hell of playing JKO).

(3) This place. Being a student, I don't have a lot of opportunities to come here (lately, Friday night has been it), and lately every time I try to log on, I get the "server is too busy, try again later" message, or my crappy connection shatters from the strain. Hopefully this problem is mostly on my end, and will be remedied by the new computer.

What I'm saying is, I haven't been ignoring you guys out of bad feelings, and I'm not getting tired of coming here, I've just been swamped with work and a bad computer. I'm not gonna be back for a few weeks (exams start up this Friday, and are going right until the start of spring semester), but I will be back, eventually, and if ANYONE says that these forums are dying, I'll HUNT YOU DOWN AND TEAR OUT YOUR STILL-BEATING HEART!!!! :evil3:

<small>*ahem*</small>

Be excellent to each other.

*says a quick prayer and presses SEND before the connection flatlines*
 Rogue15
04-14-2002, 6:15 PM
who are you?
 Pedro The Hutt
04-17-2002, 3:22 PM
We are the knights who saayyy... NI! ... err.. ahem ^^" good ol' Beastmaster, glad to see you here again. :)
 Hannibal
04-18-2002, 3:15 PM
Yeah, being a student sucks. But hey you'll get a good job when your done. Then that job'll suck. Life...
Page: 1 of 1