Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ravenloft: Experience the Horror!

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Valinor
04-13-2002, 2:04 AM
JO rocks so much, that I have decided to form my own mod. I know how to do almost every kind of editing, but I am not very good at most of them. So, I need help. I have great ideas for this mod, and, to my thinking, a lot of it is already in the game. Here is some quick and dirty info.

Ravenloft: Spirits in the Mist(catchy title, huh?) will be both a single and multi- player mod(closer to a total conversion, but mod is easier to type) that brings the gothic horror and high fantasy of 3rd Edition Dungeons & Dragons' world of Ravenloft to the PC. Get ready to battle the forces of evil! As a mighty Paladin of Tyr, you will lay waste to armies of skeletons, ghouls, and ghosts; dethrone the Lich King of Moravia, return powerful Vampires to their graves, and save the woman you love from the embrace of a mad Death Knight!

Compete online with or against your friends in some of the most action-packed mulitplayer goodness in years! Lead your team to victory in Dungeon Crawl, fight off legions of monsters in Protect the Village, betray, backstab, and decieve your way to riches in Dragon's Horde, or hack and slash your way to stardom in Free-for-all mode!

Burn, sizzle, melt, freeze, crush, hack, slash, slice, chop, or bash your foes with a plethora of weapons and spells including axes, sword, hammers, bows, crossbows, fireballs, ice storms, flamestrikes, acid arrows, and magic missiles. Keep your teammates or yourself alive with Divine Healing, raise your fallen comrades from death with Raise Dead, or make skeletal minions out of your enemies corpes with Animate Dead.

Witness the glory of the rising sun and know the horror of the full moon as you wander through swamps, forests, grasslands, cities, dungeons, crypts, and graveyards. Look in awe upon grand castles, then scream with terror as the undead burst from the fog-ridden ground underneath you. Gaze upon fully 3D representations of all races and most classes from classic D&D.

Got your attention yet? Good. If you would like to help out with this mod(or if you just want more information) please head on over to the website at http://ravenloft.valinor.ws) or drop me an email at bob@valinor.ws

We will need a good coder, 2-3 modellers/skinners, 1 animator, 2-3 mappers, and 1-2 2d/menu artists. I will be handling the website and coordination, as well as trying to map, model, and skin(but no promises it will be good). I will also be providing concept art for characters and some voice/sound work. My brother will be providing some sound/music/voice work. Also, the mod is still in design mode, and the full team will have influence in all aspects of it.
 EKM
04-13-2002, 6:47 AM
You make me sick.

How could you even THINK of making a Ravenloft mod without mentioning, of all people, STRAHD VON F*CKING ZAROVICH?

You could also include Lord Soth, imo one of TSR's best characters.
 Darth Valinor
04-13-2002, 7:37 AM
I don't like Strahd, he's a jerk. I did mention a death knight, didn't I? A mad death knight who is trying to steal your woman. Sound like anyone you know?
 UniKorn
04-13-2002, 7:55 AM
Darth Valinor,

Nice work. If I wouldn't be in a mod team already I would be interested. You made sure that you had some content before recruiting new people. That's the way to do it, keep up the good work!

UniKorn
Project Lead/Mapper 4 Wired Lamp Studios
http://www.wiredlampstudios.com)
 Darth Valinor
04-13-2002, 8:27 AM
Thanks, UniKorn. I really want this mod to do well, so I decided to have as much information as I could before I started recruiting and I plan to keep things from slowing down, once I have a team. It's too bad you're already busy. Your maps looked pretty cool in that Wired Lamp Studios is Recruiting thread. Hey if you really want to help out, anything would be appreciated. Like if you find yourself with some free time and decide to throw together a map or something, that would be great. Anyway, I haven't gotten any other offers of help yet... Maybe interest will pick up when the SDK comes out.
Page: 1 of 1