Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Final Fantasy 7

Page: 1 of 2
 Jedi Calypso
07-28-2000, 8:42 PM
Hey guys, cant find anyone else who is, so i thought that id post a message here and see if anyone else is into FF7? If so, theres a few things that i have to ask anyone who can help me.

Thanx, GOD bless,
-Calypso
 the13thJedi
07-28-2000, 9:59 PM
I can help. Waddaya need help with? I can provide info on FF7, Tactics, 5&6, and 8 (even though it was kinda lousy)

------------------
http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/select/2000/28/img/select_one.jpg)
 Jedi Calypso
07-29-2000, 1:38 AM
I agree dude, FF8 did kinda stink, and FF9 isnt looking too promising either.

Anyway, i have a few questions, what are the tissues used for? You know, the ones you get in the battle square. I heard somewhere that they make the battles there harder, is that true?

I have a few more questions writen down somewhere, when i find them I'll post them.

Untill then, does anyone know where i can find copies of the origional Final Fantasy games? you know, the ones for the regular Nintendo, and i think there was one or two for Super Nintendo too. I got rid of mine at a yardsale awhile ago, and ive been kicking myself ever since.

Thanx, and GOD bless,
-Calypso
 Argath
07-29-2000, 2:13 AM
The NES and SNES Final Fantasy games are great. Though I don't have my Nintendo systems hooked up anymore, I do play them on my computer with Nesticle and SNES9X or ZSNES.
 the13thJedi
07-29-2000, 7:24 AM
The Tissue item doesn't have any use. I tried using it at all the locations (Battle and field) and it isn't available as a useable item anywhere in the game.

You should check locally owned stores that specialize in games alone for FF games on NES and SNES.

I also think you may be wrong on the FF9 call. For once it seems like they may be taking the series back to it's roots. In saying this I mean that they are returning the style to a more medievil atmosphere and are leaning more towards funny looking little characters like in the days of FF3. I believe that is what made FF Tactics such a great game. I am honestly quite enthusiastic about seeing how it works out.

the13thJedi

Btw, Keep it coming with any more questions you may have and I'll keep the answers coming.

------------------
 Markenobi
07-29-2000, 1:37 PM
I own FF7, but I haven't played it yet.

------------------
Feel free to visit my Fan Site:
Mark-enobi's Site (http://fan.starwars.com/MarkenobisSite/HomeScreen.html)
 Dave Maul
07-29-2000, 4:48 PM
I too bought it a few weeks ago, but I got confused with all the battling, potions, materia or whatever it's called, etc. Can someone explain all these weird words to me!?! It sounds like a cool game. But, and you may disagree with me, I did find the video sequences a bit disappointing. However, that may be because I watched the FF8 preview disc first.

------------------
http://sweeet.com/newpics/darthmaulprv.gif) (http://sweeet.com/cgi-bin/sweeetview.cgi?picname=darthmaul&size=6x4)
Dave Maul
 the13thJedi
07-29-2000, 4:54 PM
For a full description, you can check out the games tutorial, which takes place At various places early on in the game. I don't remember the exact points, but I believe that they are somewhere within the first 2 hours. Try going as far as Midgar Sector 8 slums, there should be a building in there w/ a bunch of guys punching & kicking. That's what your looking for.

the13thJedi

Btw, The FMVs were eyepoppers in 97, but now as you say they do look a little disappointing if your a first-time player.

------------------

[This message has been edited by the13thJedi (edited July 29, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by the13thJedi (edited July 29, 2000).]
 Jedi Kenobi
07-31-2000, 12:12 AM
I have 7 and 8 and have beaten both. I find 8 to be a great game, though.
 Jedi Kenobi
07-31-2000, 12:14 AM
BTW, anyone with trouble with either of these should go to http://www.gamefaqs.com/)
It has good walkthroughs.
 the13thJedi
07-31-2000, 5:45 AM
Final Fantsy VIII was mediocre.

You wouldn't by chance be fairly new to the RPG scene would you?

I'm not insulting you, its just that most hardenned RPGamers, Myself included, seem to think this game was lacking in many areas. Most of which contributed to an overall above-average representation of what should have been a classic.

the13thJedi

------------------
 Jedi Kenobi
07-31-2000, 5:26 PM
No, I'm not new to RPG's at all. I just think FF8 is a great game....although you are right, there are many ways it could have been better.

[This message has been edited by Jedi Kenobi (edited July 31, 2000).]
 Jedi Kenobi
07-31-2000, 11:37 PM
Btw, where in the hell did you get Tactics? I have searched stores in various cities around here, with no luck. Do you know of a website or something that sells it? Thanks in advance.
 Jedi Calypso
07-31-2000, 11:41 PM
THe main thing i didnt like about FF8 is the way the magic and ablility systems are set up. Having to draw magic and only having 4 abilities durring battle was a real downer for the game.
 the13thJedi
08-02-2000, 2:22 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Kenobi:
Btw, where in the hell did you get Tactics? I have searched stores in various cities around here, with no luck. Do you know of a website or something that sells it? Thanks in advance.

I found a copy at a individually owned Game store. Check local places first (no EB, software etc., Kb, etc.), they usually have the odd titles that are hard to find. Your last resort should be E-bay, thats the only place on the net I've seen it. Good Luck finding a copy.

the13thJedi

------------------
 obi-tom-kenobi
08-02-2000, 9:45 PM
I think the storline on ff7 is much better plus if anyone can help me i am stuck on a boss caled lost number how do you kill him oh and tips for getting lots of hp!
cheers!

------------------
http://www.starwars.com/characters/wicket/img/1_bg.jpg)
Don't mess with wicket my pet ewok!
 Jedi Calypso
08-02-2000, 10:33 PM
Here are the Lost Number's stats:
HP-7000
MP-300
Weak Against-N/A
Stong Against-N/A

And here's how you beat him:
Use fire, ice and bolt based attacks. Use enemy skill to start the fight.(This will cast wall and haste on everyone) Summons work well, but Choco/Mog works great, as it will sometimes stunn him. If this happens, beat the snot out of him untill he comes to. He really packs a wallop with his attacks, so be ready to cure a lot. If you kill his red half (magic) first, he will use devestating physical attacks, and your physichal attacks will barely scratch him. If, on the other hand, you beat his purple (physical) half first, he will use high-level magic, and your magic attacks against him will due next to nothing.

For beating him, you'll get:
EXP-2000
AP-80
Gil-2000
Item-Cosmo memory,(Red XIII's ultimate limit break manual)

Hope that helps!

GOD Bless,
-Calypso

[This message has been edited by Jedi Calypso (edited August 02, 2000).]
 the13thJedi
08-03-2000, 3:50 AM
As far as the Lost Number thing goes, Calypso has that covered.

Now the tip for getting alot of HPs. If you want them before you get the highwind, you'll just have to run around on the field building them up.

If you have the Highwind, go to the forest around the Mideel area (South-Easten most island on the map) and run around in there for a while. This is the best place to gain exp. and ap. BE CAREFUL though. The fights are not easy if your have lower levels, so it'd be a good idea to save often.

Next best place after that would be the Northern Crater, but thats toward the end of the game so I imagine that you haven't reached it yet.

If you need anymore help, feel free to post any questions.

the13thJedi

------------------
 Jedi Kenobi
08-03-2000, 3:51 AM
Ok. Hey, any of you played FF 3/6? I just got it and it's awesome.
 Jedi Kenobi
08-03-2000, 3:53 AM
And also, another game called Ehrgeiz. It's a fighting game that has FF7 characters in it. There's Cloud, Sephiroth, Tifa, Yuffie, Vincent, and Zack (which is exactly like Cloud other than how he looks), along with a bunch of non ff characters. That's a really cool game too.
 Jedi Kenobi
08-03-2000, 3:57 AM
I saw FF Tactics on a website, but it's like $50 for a used copy, and I know that on eBay or a local store I could find better. I didn't know until a couple days ago that it went out of production. Think there's any chance they'll re-release it as a greatest hit, ever? Cause FF3 was made in 1993 I think and they re-released it as FF6 on PSX. I can only hope. Now I'll shut up cause I'm probably getting annoying.
 Jedi Calypso
08-04-2000, 9:02 PM
Not at all JediKenobi http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/wink.gif)

13thJedi:
The battles in the area you refer to are what i used to buld my levels, however, i find them much easier if you use the following cheat code before entering one of those battles:

Top-Secret Unlimited Item Cheat
Equip the W-Item materia. Enter a battle (preferably an easy one) Hit Triangle untill you to the person with the W-Item materia. Pick any one item that you would like more of. Use it on someone. Then pick another item, but instead of selecting someone to use it on, hit X. This briongs you back to select another item. But, if you look back, there will be another of the first item you used. Kepp hitting Circle, than X, over and over until you have the desired amout of the item. Then finish the fight.

I useually do this with Megalixers, it is a most excelent code.

GOD Bless,
-Calypso

<marquee align = "center"> <font color = "#238E68"> "Be Excelent To Each Other." </font> </marquee>

P.S.- This guy's website is the best FF7 walkthrough ive ever seen, it should help anyone out with their questions.

http://www.execpc.com/~jwnrski/ff7e_wlk.html)

[This message has been edited by Jedi Calypso (edited August 04, 2000).]
 Jedi Calypso
08-04-2000, 10:47 PM
<font color = "#FF2400">BTW, has anyone here beaten the Emerald and Ruby weapons yet?</font>

<marquee align = "center"> <font color = "#38B0DE"> <font size = "5"> "Be Exclent To Each Other." </font> </font> </marquee>

The Un-Council's Disgruntled Bounty Hunter
-Calypso

[This message has been edited by Jedi Calypso (edited August 04, 2000).]
 Jedi Kenobi
08-05-2000, 2:34 AM
I've known of that trick for a while, but I missed the W-Item! Is there any way to get it (Mygood save is on disk 3 right before you go to the Crater) from where I am now?
 the13thJedi
08-05-2000, 4:48 AM
Okay, here goes:

Jedi Kenobi

-I've had FF3 since it was released on SNES.
It's a damn good game, far better than any PSX installment Even Tactics is no match for it. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/wink.gifDon't) argue cause I can prove all arguments wrong http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/wink.gif)

-Ehrgeiz was only cool because of the FF VII characters and quest mode, other than that, it isn't a great fighter.

-Yep, FFT hasn't been produced since early 1998.

-Nope, at this point Square does not have any intentions of ever re-releasing FFT. Sorry.

(And No, you aren't annoying because your helping to fuel a good discussion.)

-And finally, the W-Item materia is located in the end (heading towards the bottom of the screen) of the Subway tunnel in your 2nd trip to Migar. And it takes a while to reach it so be patient. If your still where you said your save was at, You haven't reached it yet.

Jedi Calypso

-Good trick, I've haven't used it more than 2 or 3 times, but still cool.

-Yep, I've pounded the tar outta both Ruby and Emerald.

-Now here is MY Question:

Who do think is the toughest, Ruby or Emerald?

There ya' have it.

the13thJedi

------------------

[This message has been edited by the13thJedi (edited August 05, 2000).]
 Jedi Calypso
08-05-2000, 1:14 PM
JediKenobi:

This is how you get the W-Item materia:
<font color = "#FFFF00">Fly back to Midgar and form a party. You parachute into the city (during which, I might add, you can do tricks by hitting the different directions on the D-pad). Once you land, follow everyone into the alley. Save, then talk to the person standing on the metal plate to go down into Midgar.

Climb down the ladder. Run around up and right, past the fence, and follow the path until you reach two horizontal pipes. Follow them left to get an Elixir. Follow them right for a Megalixir. Return to the first ladder that you climbed down. Run down the stairs here, climb down the ladder, and exit.

On the next screen, run to the ladder on the left, and climb it to get an Aegis Armlet from the chest. Climb back down the ladder and run to the right. The ground gives way beneath you. Run left to the pipe, then climb the ladder up. Climb the next one, too. Run to the right and enter the duct. It drops you near two chests, open then for a Starlight Phone and an Elixir.

Climb down either ladder and enter the duct on the right. Go left and climb the ladder. Open the chest on the left for the Max Ray. Go all the way back up near the chest with the Starlight Phone and climb the stairs. Save and enter the air duct. Climb through it to the subway tracks. Head towards the screen. Go down six or seven screens, until you reach a junction that has a chest laying on the left side. Open it for a Power Source.

Go down two more screens for a chest with a Guard Source. Talk to the party member here. The person tells you that you are going the wrong way. Keep going down, and two screens later get the Magic Source and the Mind Source. Go down again for a save point and the W-Item Materia! Yay!
</font>

13thJedi
I found the emerald weapon a whole lot harder than the ruby, even though the ruby weapon is supposed t be harder. It took me a long time time beat the emerald weapon, but i killed the ruby weapon my first shot http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif)

How a bout you, which do you think is harder?

GOD Bless,
-Calypso

<marquee align = "center"> <font color = "#D98719"> <font size = "5"> "Be Excellent To Each Other." </font> </font> </marquee>

[This message has been edited by Jedi Calypso (edited August 08, 2000).]
 the13thJedi
08-05-2000, 2:40 PM
Ruby, 'cause I had to try about 7 or 8 times before I got the pattern and realized what I should do (I like to figure things out without the help of a guide or cheat, etc.)

Plus that and Emerald was too easy.

the13thJedi

------------------
 psyduck78
08-06-2000, 5:11 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Calypso:
[B]BTW, has anyone here beaten the Emerald and Ruby weapons yet?</font>

I have.
 Jedi Calypso
08-06-2000, 11:46 PM
Smooth psyduck, which one was the hardest for you?

JediKenobi, does what i posted up there help you out at all?

GOD Bless,
-Calypso
<marquee align = "center"> <font size = "4">"Be Excelent To Each Other."
</font> </marquee>
 Jedi Kenobi
08-07-2000, 2:36 AM
Actually, I'm past that part, and i knew where to get. I'm on Disk 3 right before you go to the Crater to fight Sephiroth. I was asking if there was any way to get it from where I am now? (Like I've heard rumors you can dig it up at Bone Village, can anyone confirm this?)
More questions!
Does anyone know the requirements to gain a new limit break? I've got my level 4's for almost everyone, but they gain new ones and I dont' know why... Anyone understand what I mean?
2. What's the point of "Cactus Island" on the southern-most part of the map? Is there any reason to go there? All I fight there is cactuers that give 1000 exp and 100 ap.

[This message has been edited by Jedi Kenobi (edited August 06, 2000).]
 psyduck78
08-07-2000, 3:13 AM
I think Ruby was a lot harder.
 Master Kenobi
08-07-2000, 4:02 AM
I must disagree with all of you, I though Final Fantasy VIII was the best FF if not RPG ever. It's just my personal opinion and one shared by many of my friends. And I also disagree with FF3 being the best ff. My agruement would be the useless character abilities, annoying characters and the constant seperation of your characters. It's kinda hard to level up characters when you're fishing for Cid on the Solitary Island, don't ya think? I thought tatics was awesome, as was V (anthology part one). The job system was very cool. I also thought seven was a great game second only to, in my opinion FFVIII and maybe Vagrant Story. I also have the original FF for NES, man, talk about a hard RPG. But I would have to agree that IX really looks like crap.

There's my two cents

May the Force be With You....

------------------
http://www.swdatabase.com/multimedia/pictures/oghost.jpg)
Wise, Honorable Jedi. He will be missed.
 Jedi Kenobi
08-07-2000, 10:47 AM
On the www.gamefaqs.com) (http://www.gamefaqs.com) rpg board someone flooded the board with spoilers of FF9. (I wasn't there at the time and the messages got deleted) Pissed everyone off. I haven't heard anything about the game.
 Jedi Kenobi
08-07-2000, 10:53 AM
Also, I disagree about Ehrgeiz being a bad game. I mean it has it all. A fighter, A "Fully Fledged" RPG mode (ok, so they kinda exaggerated on that, but it's still fun), and 4 cool mini games. The reason most people hate it is cause it takes a while to get good at. Some people quit when an enemy does some cheap ass move on them and never quits. Hell, almost all the moves in the game have some way to block or counter, it just takes time. The reason magazines and stuff give it bad reviews is cause they have to rate it a short time after playing it. If it weren't for my cousin I would have stopped playing and given it a bad rating too. He kept bugging me and my mom made me play with him (he's only like 7). You have to really play it and learn stuff to like it. I was about ready to quit when everyone I knew would just do Sasuke/Yuffie's moving square move. That's the cheapest move in the game IMO. I still think this game would be the best fighter I have played even if it didn't have FF7 characters. It kinda disgusts me that Vincent is just like Godhand and Yuffie is just like Sasuke and Zack is just like Cloud. They did that just for more money. If you're gonna make secret characters give em some individuality for cryin out loud.
These are my opinions, don't take it the wrong way.

[This message has been edited by Jedi Kenobi (edited August 07, 2000).]
 Jedi Kenobi
08-08-2000, 8:40 AM
Damn, I forgot to mention FF4/2. Well, the American version sucks. There are actually 2 Japanese ones, the regular one, and a major toned down one for little kids. The only one that reached America was the little kid one. There was soooo much stuff cut outta it that could have stayed. (while some stuff DID need to be cut out, for very obvious reasons. anyone that has played the "Full" game knows what I mean.)
 Jedi Kenobi
08-10-2000, 1:18 AM
I knew it was something like that. (Winning a certain amount of battles and using the break)... I just didn't know the number(s).
 Jedi Calypso
08-10-2000, 1:27 AM
This should probably help more on gettin Vincent's ultimate break than my other post:

JediKenobi:
Concerning your query on the limit breaks:

<font color = yellow">Limit Break attacks are special attacks that are activated by a party member when his or her limit gauge fills up. Most party members have 2 limit breaks per limit level. Here's what you must do to learn all the limit breaks:

Level 1, Limit 1 - The character has this one to start out with.
Level 1, Limit 2 - The character must use the Level 1;Limit 1 a total of 8 times.
Level 2, Limit 1 - The character must kill 80 enemies - this means that that particular character must finish off 80 enemies in any way possible.
Level 2, Limit 2 - The character must use the Level 2;Limit 1 a total of 6 times.
Level 3, Limit 1 - The character must kill 80 enemies starting when he or she learns Level 2, Limit 2.
Level 3, Limit 2 - The character must use the Level 3;Limit 1 a total of 4 times.
Level 4, Limit 1 - The character needs a special item...

Each person has one Level 4 Limit Break. It is only activated by an item. The person has to have learned all the level 1, 2, and 3 Limit Breaks to use the Limit Break Manual item. Please note that it IS possible to skip a limit break. For example - If the character kills 80 enemies before using his Level 1, Limit 1 8 times in a row, he will skip his Level 1, Limit 2 and go straight to Level 2, Limit 1. If you notice this happen, set your limit level back down to the level of the limit break you missed and go fight until you learn it.

Here's the Level 4 limit break items and how to get them:

Cloud - Omnislash
Go to the Gold Saucer. If you get enough Battle Points at the battle square you can buy it. On disc 1 it costs 51200 Battle Points, and after that, it's only 32000.

Tifa - Final Heaven
Go to Tifa's house in Nibelheim. Play the piano. Use the following buttons to play the Highwind theme:
, , , and , and , , , and , , , , .

The item will fall out of the sheet music that Tifa has.

Barret - Catastrophe
Go to his hometown after the Huge Materia quest. Talk to the lady in the upper left house. She gives you it as a memento of her husband.

Aeris - Great Gospel
Go to the cave directly south of Midgar. Talk to the sleeping man. If the number of fights that you have fought has the same last two digits, like 211 or 633, he will wake up and give you an item (this only happens once). If Aeris is alive, he gives you the item Mythril. If not, he gives you a Bolt Ring. Take the Mythril to the Weapon Seller's. He lets you pick the chest (with a Gold Armlet), or Aeris's Great Gospel (in the small safe on the wall upstairs to the left).

Red XIII - Cosmo Memory
Won from the Lost Number in the safe of Nibelheim

Cait Sith - None (?)

Cid - Highwind
In a chest in the Sunken Plane

Yuffie - All Creation
Won after defeating Yuffie's father in Wutai

Vincent - Chaos
Found in Vincent's Waterfall, ( Vincent's Waterfall: North-central part of the Central Continent. Looks like a waterfall at the top of a large lake. Just southeast of Nibelheim)NOTE: once this must be gotten before reaching disc three</font>

There you go, that should do it. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/biggrin.gif) http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif) http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/biggrin.gif) http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif)

GOD Bless,
-Calypso

<marquee align = "center"> <font size = "4"> <font color = "#38B0DE"> "Be Excellent To Each Other." </font> </font> </marquee>
 the13thJedi
08-10-2000, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Master Kenobi:
I must disagree with all of you, I though Final Fantasy VIII was the best FF if not RPG ever. It's just my personal opinion and one shared by many of my friends....

And I also disagree with FF3 being the best ff. My agruement would be the useless character abilities, annoying characters and the constant seperation of your characters. It's kinda hard to level up characters when you're fishing for Cid on the Solitary Island, don't ya think?...

I also thought seven was a great game second only to, in my opinion FFVIII and maybe Vagrant Story....

I would have to agree that IX really looks like crap.

Well, Final Fantasy 8 was a good game. The reasons for why I think it was a disappointment are as follows:

-The storyline and character developement left a bit to be desired and gave the game an unfinished feel.

-The setting was overall too modernized. The games have always had a certain medievil feel, something lacking in 8.

-The introduction of the new battle system wasn't really needed and unnecessarily complicated the whole experience. It wasn't really fun going through half the game trying to master the new system.

-Splitting up your party for the final battle sucked. It would mean that you had to build all you characters equally, just so you wouldn't be stuck with a low-level character for the last fight. That forced you to use characters you wouldn't normally use or hated using. BOO-HISS.

As far as the FF3 part goes, it was a great RPG because:

-It introduced and modernized the way RPGs were played. While adding an extremely well developed stortyline, it was also able to integrate a very unique and easy to use battle system.

-While you think the moves were useless, they all had a major effect on certain boss battles, including the last. The moves were really secondary though. Mastering magic was the center of the battle system. And in addition, the moves helped to make each character unique in one way or another.

-If you want to judge a game, don't judge it based on character annoyance. That is based entirely on your opinion, and is a rather bias perspective. If you want to judge based on that, then I would have to say that 80% of the characters in 8 are annoying (Selphie, Zell, Siefer, even Squall.)

-Separating the characters added additional gameplay elements called subquests. FF3 marked the first time a subquest has been used in a game and they pulled off the character separation very well, making sure you would have plenty of manpower to get by with only 2 or 3 characters at a time.

-each and every little plot detail (even trying to keep Cid alive) helped to add to the depth and involvement of the storyline. Each individual scene or sequence helped to develope the characters and draw you in a little more.

-This game was the first really good RPG offered to gamers. While it had a good amount of playtime, it also had replay value. Finding all the secrets streched much further than beating the game. I'd have to say that if you wanted to find every secret, it would take in excess of 50 hours.
When I played FF8, I had all the secrets by the time I faced Ultemecia, clocking in at 29 hours.

-I can think of a dozen other things that make it great, but I think I've covered it well enough for now.

Final Fantasy 7 was a damn good RPG. I don't think it would be fair to place it in front (or behind) of anything though.

Try playing Wild Arms, Chrono Trigger, and especially Xenogears. While the first two are good, Xenogears can easily be called a "better" RPG than FFVII. Don't make your judgement based on graphics though, because that isn't where the importance is placed.

Also, Vagrant Story was a good game too, but it isn't as much an RPG as it is a Action game. Sure, it has the Magic and Hp/Mp system, but the battles are all fought in a very different way. While most RPGs are turn-based, VS has a more action-oriented battle system.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great game. And it does have a strong RPG element. But just because you have feathers don't mean your a chicken, catch my drift. VS is more Action/RPG hybrid, calling it an RPG alone is unfair, considering it can also be compared to games like tomb raider (lousy game, but only one I could think of.)

And on the last note:

I'm not sure what you've seen, but Graphics wise the game looks better than FF8.

If you need proof, Click here (http://www.zdnet.com/gamespot/filters/products/media/0,11100,197338,00.html) to see, some game footage.

But just because it looks good or bad doesn't mean anything. We should reserve judgement on IX until it is released and we have some 1st hand experience with it.

That's my thoughts for now.

the13thJedi

BTW, I'll have something to say about Ehrgeiz when I have more time.
------------------

[This message has been edited by the13thJedi (edited August 10, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by the13thJedi (edited August 10, 2000).]
 Jawaman
08-10-2000, 9:34 PM
I thought about getting that game do you recommend it?
 the13thJedi
08-11-2000, 2:30 AM
Which game?

Xenogears?

If so, then I would highly recommend it.

I should warn you though.

If you do decide to get it, the storyline is VERY complex and can be extremely hard to follow at times.

I've played through twice. First time 70 hours, second time 35 hours.

It wasn't until the 2nd time through that I started to understand how deep it was.

Great game, Buy it if you find a copy. The game isn't in print any longer and copies are becomming more scarce as days go by.

the13thJedi

------------------
 Jedi Kenobi
08-12-2000, 1:23 AM
I don't understand why good games go out of print. I never even hear about alot of these games that are suppposed to be so cool until I go online. I had never heard of Final Fantasy (any of them) until about a year ago, as well as other games, for simply one reason, theres only two stores in this whole city that carry video games and they don't even have a big supply. And the stores to rent them only have really old games that I've never heard of. All the games I want I either have to go out of town or order it online.
 Jedi Calypso
08-12-2000, 3:08 AM
I've got aquestion for anyone here who's mastered the frozen filed (by the Icicle Inn) on the northermost continent. anyone up for it?
 Jedi Kenobi
08-12-2000, 11:39 PM
What do you mean exactly by "mastered"?
 Jedi Calypso
08-13-2000, 9:14 PM
I mean anyone who knows that area really well, anyone up to it?
 Jedi Kenobi
08-14-2000, 1:42 AM
What do you need to know?
 the13thJedi
08-14-2000, 1:54 AM
The area is a maze. I don't think anyone "knows it really well."

I have played through the game 3 times though, so I'm familiar with it.

What's the question?

Keep in mind that I can't give much help with the Snowfield because it's random. There isn't any definite direction to go if you're looking for something in particular. You just wander around until you find what you're looking for.

the13thJedi

------------------
 Jedi Kenobi
08-16-2000, 12:00 AM
You know what's weird? I was using the debug room with a gameshark and I somehow got to the ocean floor, just walking around. It sucked though cause I couldn't do anything. Hey I finally beat Emerald weapon. It wasn't that hard it just took forever.
 Jedi Calypso
08-20-2000, 12:50 AM
Well, i know about there being this materia there in the frozen wasteland called the added cut materia. I know its there, i just dont know where its at, can anybody hlp me find it? If so, let me know.

GOD Bless,

-Calypso
 psyduck78
08-21-2000, 4:13 AM
added cut is the most useless materia in the world.

u don't really need it.
 Jedi Calypso
08-21-2000, 6:15 PM
Weeeell, just the same, I'd like to be able to find it so that I finally have every materia in the game. Thats the only thing that keeping me from having mastered FF7.

So if anyone can tell me how to get the "Added Cut" materia, I'd appretiate thier help.

(Oh, and BTW, I'm not talking about the "Double Cut" materia, i already have that one.)

GOD Bless,
-Calypso
Page: 1 of 2