Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

UberSkins 1.0

Page: 1 of 1
 Rajess MoDuron
04-09-2002, 2:00 PM
Okay, took me like 15 minutes, but I have officially put EVERY skin I have into ONE pk3, with individual folders for each skin, rather than some being 8 to a folder (like all the reborn mods). I can load the sucker up if people want (it's like 11 megs).

Obviously, I didn't do any of the skins (I did however unlock the hidden Jedi skin...okay, not unlock, but I did make it available), but it's not like I'm trying to take credit.

If enough people want it, I'll post it. Otherwise I'll let the skinsters keep pumping them out!

Lemme know!

P.S. It's not like I put in ALL the skins I DL'd. Some of them just didn't cut it. Both Mauls are in there, Dooku is in there, the Ben I've recieved is in there...RotJ Luke...and some others. Again, not taking credit...in fact, if the authors want credit for all eternity, I could probably work something out if they sent me some kind of signature file, or I know they did it. Latur!
 DeathsHead
04-09-2002, 2:05 PM
check out my download site for some skins you might of not seen yet. I would be interested in getting the pk3 file and hosting it as well.

Http://www.clanaybabtu.com)

under jk2downloads all skins that I know of are on it, and most have images to view them...
 Rajess MoDuron
04-09-2002, 2:28 PM
Thank you!

There are a few I am not including, either because I don't like them or because they don't fit in the Star Wars universe. F.I

White Luke: Hurts my eyes. Good job, but hurts my eyes. Besides, ANH Luke had khaki pants.

The Confederate: Okay, I'm from VA, so I'm all about the non-racist side of dixie, states rights and long live Virginia and all that...but it ain't Star Wars.

Anyway, I hope to have the full file done fairly shortly, and unless I get complaints from authors...and again, NOT stealing your work, just putting it all together so people don't have to hunt for it...I'll submit it to Massassi and anyone else who wants to host it. Just tell me how and I'll do it. Keep in mind, this is a TREMENDOUSLY large file, 11 megs so far, and I haven't put in the 8 or so skins I DL'd from Death's Head, so it will be massive. Luckily I have a T1 here at work.

Seth
 Danica
04-09-2002, 2:54 PM
is my skin in there?? (x-wing pilot/rebel pilot) you can't say it doesn't fit the star wars universe!! ;)
 Rajess MoDuron
04-09-2002, 3:05 PM
So far I think it is. The only Rebel Pilot I have is off Death's Head's Library. It was good lookin, so it tooks it. Haven't packaged it in yet, but it will be there unless you tell me to keep it out.
 XorKaya
04-09-2002, 3:19 PM
would you be able to post a list of skins in it?
i'd hate download it and find i have all or most of them
 DeathsHead
04-09-2002, 3:51 PM
yeah that is yours Danica
 Delmar
04-09-2002, 4:03 PM
so can i rip out all my pk3s, use this one that you've assembled, and still be able to play on servers that have all the individual pk3s installed instead of the compiled one on my machine?

my only concern is that i won't be able to view other users who have different pk3s installed on their computer but still in effect have the same skins as i do.
 Rajess MoDuron
04-09-2002, 4:07 PM
We have:

With bots when applicable, although you will have to put them in, I've already edited my bots too much to give you all my botfiles, as that would likely inflate this file enoooourmously.

Ash from Army of Darkness
Ben Kenobi (Absath)
Ben Kenobi (other guy)
CorSec Pack
Hooded Dark Jedi with the Black Robe and Human Face (HDJBRHF)
Count Dooku
Draiden
Hooded Maul
Hoodless Maul
Alternate Jedi (skins with j2_head,etc. renamed and put in folder)
Keiran (corran horn)
Kueller (with custom sounds)
Sith Luke
Mysteries of the Sith Kyle 1.1
Rebel Pilot
Some of the Reborn, including the Boss skin
The Rodian Hunter...never used it, don't know if it works
Return of the Jedi Luke
Shadow Kyle (Kyle in Shadowtrooper suit...pretty schweet)
Han Solo
Talon Karrde
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Van

Okay, that is the whole list as of RIGHT NOW. But every time I say "this is the list" (usually to myself) someone comes out with something that I just have to include. So anyway.

Now, as for downloading even if you have all the skins, there is no guarantee that these skins will be compatible with non skin pack versions, since I had to change the filenames of some of them, to make them not overwrite each other, and to make it so you don't have thirty skins in the same folder. For instance, Sith Luke got moved from the plain old 'luke' folder to his nice pretty "evilluke" folder. Now, I don't really honestly know, but this MAY cause some compatability issues. I still need to test and make sure all the skins work and look okay. If anyone knows where I can get a utility to help me do that, it'd be great. A SKIN VIEWER. Otherwise I have to go in and out of the game...not feeling that. I'd also have to put it off until 5:30 or so if I had to do that, at the very earliest.
 nukage
04-09-2002, 4:17 PM
cool. the game's been out not even 3 weeks and we've already got huge skinpacks! while i'm thinking of this, how cool would it be to have a battle droid skin, complete with the "rolling" running animation? probably not feasable to do for a regular player model, but in a mod maybe?
 Rajess MoDuron
04-09-2002, 4:18 PM
You mean a Droideka?
 DeathsHead
04-09-2002, 4:20 PM
that can't happen until the sdk software is realeased. Even then that will require new animation in the game
 Rajess MoDuron
04-09-2002, 4:21 PM
depending what they release in the SDK, it could be quite possible, and not that difficult.
 CiD
04-09-2002, 4:55 PM
Originally posted by Rajess MoDuron
With bots when applicable, although you will have to put them in, I've already edited my bots too much to give you all my botfiles, as that would likely inflate this file enoooourmously.

Another possibility would be to separate your .jkb botfiles and .bot scripts and pak them into another pk3 to be released separately. That way if someone wanted bot support, they could d/l the extra pk3.

Now, as for downloading even if you have all the skins, there is no guarantee that these skins will be compatible with non skin pack versions, since I had to change the filenames of some of them, to make them not overwrite each other, and to make it so you don't have thirty skins in the same folder. For instance, Sith Luke got moved from the plain old 'luke' folder to his nice pretty "evilluke" folder. Now, I don't really honestly know, but this MAY cause some compatability issues.

I think that separating the models into their own directories is better, but if you change the names of the directories for the models in the pk3s then they will not be compatible w/ the single skin pk3s that have the models crammed in one directory. However it will be compatible w/ servers who have d/led the skin pack, of course.

If anyone knows where I can get a utility to help me do that, it'd be great. A SKIN VIEWER. Otherwise I have to go in and out of the game...not feeling that. I'd also have to put it off until 5:30 or so if I had to do that, at the very earliest.

In this thread:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37781)
ChangKhan explains how to get the ModView (SOF2) skin viewer working for JK2, so you can use that until they release the JK2 viewer.
 Rajess MoDuron
04-09-2002, 4:58 PM
Folks, this summ***** is 26 megabytes. You heard me right. 26. Twenty. Six. Anyone who thinks I should still upload it please stand up.

<stands>
 Rajess MoDuron
04-09-2002, 5:05 PM
Fixed the bot problem, simply packaged the bots that came with the skins, and a few extras that aren't necessary. However, the text file is not part of the package. If you want to know how to edit those, I would take great pleasure in showing you how. Anyway, I did indeed give some of the skins new folders, but only where applicable, and I thought that it would cause difficulties. But, the bright side (for me at least) is that none of them are skins I'd use!!

Anyways, plus the sounds and bots (which were pretty miniscule) the whole thing runs 26 megs, and that is SO FAR. All my PRESENT skins are in it, but the skins in the pack may change very easily as new better ones come out (Dark Kyle Dark Kyle Dark Kyle).

Eventually I guess I'm just gonna have to buckle down and categorize them, but I love that kinda crap, so it'll be fun.

Seth
 DeathsHead
04-09-2002, 5:38 PM
hmm. 26 isn't that huge a number. I have 100mb of storage. Let me turn on my ftp and upload it to me when you are done.
 Rajess MoDuron
04-09-2002, 8:45 PM
Alright, have to go home. Didn't have much time to check and debug, but hopefully it will be ready this time tomorrow. LATUUUR

Seth
 Rajess MoDuron
04-10-2002, 12:21 PM
Anyone have any Star Wars skin requests?

Last chance buck-os!

Seth
 Lazarus-Spike
04-10-2002, 1:07 PM
erm has this been hosted anywhere yet???? looks good sounds interesting, wouldnt mind a peek ;)
 Rajess MoDuron
04-10-2002, 1:18 PM
Has not been hosted yet. Have a host lined up, I'm just waiting for people asking for skins and some bugs to be worked out. F.I. The last time I checked in real life, Jedi had heads. For some reason, the skin does not. Gotta figure it out. Think I know what the problem is, but I don't know for sure.

Anyway, this is the last day for requests. Here is what is in it so far:

Ash from Evil Dead and Army of Darkness

Ben Kenobi (Asbeth)

Ben Kenobi (Other Guy, but not the one with boobies)

CorSec

Dark Jedi Reborn skin (Black suit, human face)

Count Dooku (okay, I'm really thinking about editing this one, The brown thing is not a vest, it is a cape. BUT, I don't have the talent or right pictures at the moment)

Draiden

Sith Luke

Hooded Maul

Hoodless Maul

The Alternate Hidden Extra Special Jedi Skin

Keiran

Kueller

MotS Kyle

Rebel X-Wing Pilot

The plethora of Reborn skins from the game

Reborn Boss Skin

Rodian Hunter Skin (Don't know about this one)

Dark Rodian (I think, remember putting it in, but will have to check.)

Return of the Jedi Luke (Thank you Graphics God for an Incredible Skin)

Shadowtrooper Kyle

Han Solo

Talon Karrde

G.A Thrawn

Van

Any requests? They have to look like they could POSSIBLY fit in the Star Wars Universe. When there are more skins released, I'll categorixe them and release individual catagory skinpacks.

PLEASE Include URL of skin you want in post. If you don't have it I'll try and find it, but no promises.

Seth
 Lazarus-Spike
04-10-2002, 1:25 PM
looks cool, hope u get it finished soon, will make it easier for my clans server which will be runnign on weekends only until 5p sat and sun :( its cs the rest of the time.
And Id like to use custom skins on this.

1 question though, I'll take it only ppl who have the skin will be able to see it right?? it wont download them all to each client who hasnt got that skin
 NetStalker
04-10-2002, 1:36 PM
why is ash in there?

thats actually the only reason I wont DL it, I do not want any skins that do not fit into the StarWars universe
 Rajess MoDuron
04-10-2002, 1:37 PM
On whether you have downloads available off server checked and whether they have download files you don't have checked. If both of these are true, they should just download the whole skin pack. It's 26 megs though, so it might bore some people. Only people who have the pack will be able to see some of the skins too. For renaming reasons.
 Rajess MoDuron
04-10-2002, 1:39 PM
I took a look at the ash skin when I was slicing and dicing bots, and it is actually not that bad. There is no chainsaw or anything, he COULD just look like a jedi whos had his ass kicked too many times. I'll think about it though. It might be hypocritical of me to keep it in.

Thanks for the input.

Seth
 NetStalker
04-10-2002, 1:40 PM
I thought the Auto DL only worked for MODS and MAPS
 Rajess MoDuron
04-10-2002, 2:01 PM
You might be right there stalker. I don't know what's gonna happen then. I just hope enough servers dl it to make it worth the 26 meg download. I'm pretty sure Death's Head's server will have it, because I know he's hosting it...but other than that...

Hopefully the pure servers will start to disappear.

Sethy
 CiD
04-10-2002, 2:42 PM
Originally posted by NetStalker
I thought the Auto DL only worked for MODS and MAPS

That's what I thought too, but then I read the FAQ at the end of the updated skinning tutorial here (http://www.jediknightii.net/edit_mpskins.shtml) and saw this:

Okay, I start up multiplayer, choose to play my skin I made, but no-one else can see it. Why?

They can download your pk3 directly from the server when they join it. This will happen automatically if the server has “Allow Downloads” on (look at the “g_allowDownloads” item on the server info for the server) and if the player joining the server has “Allow Downloads” enabled.

So maybe the auto-d/l will work for any pk3.
 Rajess MoDuron
04-10-2002, 2:45 PM
Eeeexcellent. (Evilly taps fingers together like Mr. Burns)

What is the verdict on Ash, should he a-stay or should he go?

Seth
 freonsmurf
04-10-2002, 2:56 PM
quick question about mods. :confused:

Sadly the ones I have gotten so far have ZERO info in the readme files. Where do the files go? Ladder is the only one that works for me so far. Skins and etc install in Gamedata\Base or just in Gamedata\modfoldername?

thx.

and about this 26meg skin pack..
I shall burn many monkeys as I eagerly await for get my hands on it

:monkey4: :monkey4: :monkey4: :3headed:
 Delmar
04-10-2002, 2:58 PM
Hail to the King, baby. Leave Ash in there. :D
 CiD
04-10-2002, 3:00 PM
Originally posted by freonsmurf
Where do the files go? Ladder is the only one that works for me so far. Skins and etc install in Gamedata\Base or just in Gamedata\modfoldername?

Generally speaking most pk3s will work in gamedata/base.
 Rajess MoDuron
04-10-2002, 3:03 PM
The vote is one for, one against Ash. Keep them coming baby!

Keep aware for a MASSIVE post by me about my mod idea. It is gigantic, colossal, humongous, stupendous! And really long. Put on your glasses, galoshes and prepare to dive in!

Seth
 Prophet
04-10-2002, 3:40 PM
Originally posted by nukage
cool. the game's been out not even 3 weeks and we've already got huge skinpacks! while i'm thinking of this, how cool would it be to have a battle droid skin, complete with the "rolling" running animation? probably not feasable to do for a regular player model, but in a mod maybe?

I'm currently building a battle droid mesh, which should work with the existing animations. I believe you are talking about the droideka, which probably wouldnt be to good for MP given they have no hands :)
 Rajess MoDuron
04-10-2002, 3:51 PM
1) He was talking about a droideka, I'm pretty sure...I hope at least, otherwise I wonder what he was on when HE saw it :)

2) Well, we could make a mod like Aliens v Predator v Marines, only Jedi v Droids v Sith, where each "race" has it's own advantages and disadvantages. The aliens cannot hold weapons, and neither can the droidekas...

LATUR
 Rajess MoDuron
04-11-2002, 1:28 PM
Just so you all know, I had to start from scratch. Too many bugs, too many skins not appearing, and an ACTUAL CRASH.

Anyway, I decided to not screw too much with the file locations, unless (as is the case with jedi kyle) they would overwrite default skins.

In addition, I put in all the readmes from files that had them, the readmes are renames that can be identified with the skin they refer to.

Testing it tonight with Death's Head and Renix hopefully, and then unleashing it upon the masses.

Seth
 JRA_Wolf
04-11-2002, 2:46 PM
Feel free to put my Dark Kyle skin in there, if you have a chance ;)
 Rajess MoDuron
04-11-2002, 4:08 PM
It's in here. Sorry it took me so long to respond, just upgraded my computer to XP Home edition...so far so good.
 Rajess MoDuron
04-11-2002, 5:03 PM
It's completed. It's gonna be up sometime tonight. It's gonna be awesome. In it we have:

Absath's skin of himself in a nice Mandilorian nighty :-P
Ben Kenobi (Absath and the other one)
Dark Kyle (Good job JBA_wolf)
Dark Rodian
Count Dooku
Talon Karrde
The two unlocked Imps
Black Jedi
Unlocked Jedi 2
Jedi Kyle
Johnny Odell's Maul
Keiran Halcyon
Han Solo (Lando Reskin, not Luke or whatever)
RotJ Luke
Sith Luke
Rebel Pilot (The one without a helmet)
Some Reborn reskins
Rodian Hunter
Taung Jedi
The Emperor
Valk
Vithran

AND bot files & sounds for those that came with them.

Okay, thas it!

Seth
 Rajess MoDuron
04-12-2002, 12:47 PM
If anyone knows a website where for ZERO money I can UPLOAD (not email) a 20+megabyte file, it would be greatly appreciated, as this is the only realistic way this sumbleaatch is coming out. My firewall is giving me no other alternative. We could always try ICQ, i suppose. HAven't tried that yet, but IM doesn't work at all. I can use morpheus, audiogalaxy, things like that, but not IM transfer. My ICQ number is 89217811. Thanks!
Page: 1 of 1