Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How do you do this? Making trading an Objective

Page: 1 of 1
 Aegis Runestone
11-30-2001, 6:27 PM
I want to know how to make this Objective:

"Establish a Trade Route with the Other Civ(Computer)"

It's for my campaign, in the level, the Computer will be neutral to you, however if you establish a trade route, he will trade back with you. After trading for a while, the computer becomes your ally.

Can this be done?
 Stan|SCN Punk
11-30-2001, 7:39 PM
You can do this by using triggers, but you can't do it directly.

You can use the timer trigger to specify how that after trading an X amount of time (whatever you want that to be) after you begin trading (use a trigger that specifies that you must bring a hovercraft unit to the neutral spaceport. This trigger will activate the counter).

Or, alternatively, you can specify how many trade units your player must have or how much gold you get. However, you must make sure that there are no other trading partners in the former and that there are no other sources of gold in the latter.
 Aegis Runestone
12-04-2001, 5:06 PM
Well...thats difficult, a timer would work, but the map needs the know the difference between HAVING a Cargo ship and having one and trading with another player at the same time. THERE WILL be other sources of Nova on the map though...So how do make it so the map knows I'm trading with the computer?
 Aegis Runestone
12-04-2001, 5:08 PM
Oh, wait...I need to read your post...Alright That sounds good I'm going to use a Timer trigger because As I said before, there will be other sources of Nova. I'll also make it so you must have a certain amount or more of Cargo Ships in order to turn that Neutral Computer into an ally.

BTW: Thanx! :)
 Stan|SCN Punk
12-04-2001, 9:20 PM
No problem.
 darthfergie
12-04-2001, 10:32 PM
Or you could do a trigger where a Hovercar unit must make it to their spaceport...(just an alternate solution the one he suggested is really good also, but if you don't want to wait around for the trade to happen this works just as well)
 Aegis Runestone
12-06-2001, 11:59 AM
I think thats pretty simliar to what Stan suggested....
Page: 1 of 1