Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

For all Nabooers

Page: 1 of 1
 Cup_A_Jabba
11-29-2001, 5:57 PM
Ok I want to know if this is a fairly decent strat. First I go straight to my cc and I build as many workers as possible. then I have one of my workers build around 4-6 houses then i have one of the workers build a power core and the other start draining carbon from one of the nearby trees, Is this a ok strat to start out with?? what do you guys do?? What do you do at the other tech levels??? please let me know THNX IN ADVANCE!!
 Datoupee
11-30-2001, 1:20 AM
My opening strategy is different for every map. At first, I just keep hitting the workers button until it tells me I need more food. Then, I use 1 worker to build houses. And 2 to get carbon. Once another worker comes out he will collect carbon until it hits 100 then I build a food center. and use workers that are just being created for farms. This all sounds complicated but is done in about 2 - 3 minutes once you get the hang of it. I usually make it to tech lev 2 before people. But once I hit 3, I have trouble getting to tech lev 4.
 duder
11-30-2001, 5:07 AM
for the first tech i go up a tech when i get about 30 workers. If you are not constantly pumping them out you are doing something wrong. As mentioned above the tactics vary for each map. When you go up a tech, the first thing to do is to do all your eco bonuses, starting with the command centre eco research, it may seem expensive but you will reap what you sow (hehe).
 Grand Admiral
11-30-2001, 9:18 AM
It is a good way to start. Just keep pumping out workers. YOu see you will gain an advantage over your oppenont if you have have of your pop or 75 workers on different resource then your resources will be very high and allows youto continuesly to build. You oppenont would have a hard time fighting off waves after waves of attack that you made and continuesly make. See? you generally want half of your pop to be workers. I done it before. It is a excellent advantage. :) But keep at it and you will continuesly to hone and refine your stragey. It takes time and over time will come expriences.
 Gungan_Reble
11-30-2001, 12:33 PM
I dont know if youve played AOK befor you got GB
but if you did you will find that your basic start strat
is very similar to that game (depending on the maps of
course) you have to pump out workers as fast as pos
but remember to also make fighting units also to guard
against a rusher ;)
 Cup_A_Jabba
11-30-2001, 5:16 PM
THANKS so much guys, I filled out an application for Nexsis, and I want to hone in my strategies, since it will begin to be more competitive for me now, since I'm fighting for a clan. Thank you guys all so much.
Page: 1 of 1