Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help! fortification rushers!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 PsYch0_PimP
11-29-2001, 11:34 AM
Hi, i'm a verry good player but i have 1 little weak spot:

I start playing and when i begin exploring the map in tech level 1/2 i see that the enemy has built a fortification with his army and his barracks (+all other unit buildings) behind it. The game is over in 10 min. I HATE IT WHEN THEY DO THAT!!!! How do i have to prevent/destroy it?

Please dont answer with: ''start a server with no rush''

thx
 Supreme Warlord
11-29-2001, 3:49 PM
Well the only way to fight back is to strike at his main base. Hurt his econmcy while building small defense against this forward base. You see if he devote his time in building the forward base then you can assume that his main base is not highly defended. So a small attack force can work.

Someone did this to me before and i struck at his main base. He had nothing to defend his main base and so he in vain tried to protect it by bringing his second base unit against my other army attacking his main base. By the time he got there i got all of his important building. I had another small army mostly of plummels and attacked his second base. I defeated him very easily. He was suprised that i defeated a person with two year of exprience with AOK engine.

SO STRIKE HIS MAIN BASE! he will not have high defense but maybe some walls to hold you back til he can bring his other base unit against you.

When in battle always keep your cool and just think. DOnt panic and say it is the end and i am gonna die. Instead think your options and then implement it. That why people wins in game. They keep their cool.
 Kudar
11-29-2001, 4:15 PM
You know I played someone once, they said we couldn't attack until he said!!!!

when my scout went over to his base for a nosy he cried, and it turned out that he'd walled himself in and inside his base were aa turrets and normal turrets, which made it impossible to get anywhere near him, no wonder he wanted to fight when he was ready.

and he didnt have a secondary base, his whole base was in this wall and turret defence.

lots and lots of pummels are the answer I think
 Grimjack
11-29-2001, 4:33 PM
A little prevention can go a long way. Build sentry posts or put some units on patrol that way you'll see him building it. If he still builds outside your sight at least the base will be further away.

If you view his buildings as behind the fortress you're thinking to linear. With the addition of air units nothing is safe. Try taking some air transports and hit his buildings from the other side. If his forward base is just to well defended then you do what Supreme Warlord said since most, if not all, his army will be at the forward base instead of his main. You might also build a wall or some turrets as a speed bump for his units but thats more of a last resort thing.
 Heavyarms
12-04-2001, 6:48 AM
put up a shield wall, with turrets around it, and posssibly build a shield generator for that purpose.
 duder
12-04-2001, 7:24 AM
Originally posted by Grimjack
A little prevention can go a long way. Build sentry posts or put some units on patrol that way you'll see him building it. If he still builds outside your sight at least the base will be further away.

If you view his buildings as behind the fortress you're thinking to linear. With the addition of air units nothing is safe. Try taking some air transports and hit his buildings from the other side. If his forward base is just to well defended then you do what Supreme Warlord said since most, if not all, his army will be at the forward base instead of his main. You might also build a wall or some turrets as a speed bump for his units but thats more of a last resort thing.

I gotta agree with this in a big way...if you arent playing a non rush game, then you either have to rush or expect a rush. A little defense will generally be enough to put off a rush, early infantry are very weak, they are easy to defend against. Too many people just get frustrated by an early rush...they should persevere.
Page: 1 of 1