Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Who is going to get Jedi Knight II: Jedi OutCast?

Page: 1 of 1
 Master Yoda
08-19-2001, 7:45 PM
Who is going to get Jedi Knight II: Jedi OutCast?
 Kvan
08-19-2001, 8:13 PM
Oh, heck yeah I'm going to buy it!! I'm also gonna need to buy a new computer too :D
 Master Yoda
08-19-2001, 8:18 PM
lol, I should be able to run it on my comp. It looks like its going to be WAY AWESOME!!!:D
 Tie Guy
08-19-2001, 8:37 PM
I'm gonna have to get a new comp to run it, but i'm definately gonna get it :D

Oh, and when i get a new comp i'm gonna burn it and GB and play my friends on the network i create between the two. It's gonna be great.
 Master Yoda
08-19-2001, 8:39 PM
Ive got 3 comps on a network here, though only 2 of them are good enough to play recent games on..
 Boba Rhett
08-19-2001, 8:46 PM
I shall be preording a copy and upon arrival of the game I will not be available for three weeks afterwords. :D
 xwing guy
08-19-2001, 9:26 PM
YESSSSSSS!!! I am going to get it! and I have the comp to run it too with a G-force two video card.:D
 Kvan
08-19-2001, 9:47 PM
Originally posted by Master Yoda
Ive got 3 comps on a network here, though only 2 of them are good enough to play recent games on..
Wanna share one of those comps with a fellow SW fan? ;)
 darthfergie
08-19-2001, 9:50 PM
PC Gamer in their recent magazine did a preview on it (even had unseen screens) It was awesome. I relly want to see the Jedi battles now. Fliping every where all those force manuvers. Too cool.:D
 Master Yoda
08-19-2001, 9:51 PM
One is a 486,one is my bros a Pentium II 350, and the other ones mine a 1Ghz Athlon T-Bird with an Ati Radeon 64Mb DDR. So sorry cant give any away(getting a 200Mhz P2 from a relative who just got a new comp. as well):D
 Tie Guy
08-19-2001, 10:07 PM
I used to have two comps, but one was an old 133 non-pentium off brand type computer that couldn't run word without slowing down. :D So i threw it away. I'm hopin to get a new comp around Chrsitmas, or at least a new video card.
 Master Yoda
08-19-2001, 10:15 PM
I want the new ATI Radeon 8500 thats coming out next month it is way awesome, 400 bucks though, they will have a cheaper one but its not much more than a souped up version of what i got though half the price of the 8500!!
 Darth_Rommel
08-20-2001, 4:37 PM
I just bought it lat month, and I LOVE it! I'm buying the sequel for sure :D
 Boba Rhett
08-20-2001, 4:48 PM
It's good to see people are still buying it. Are you going to learn how to edit it now, Rommel?
 Darth_Rommel
08-20-2001, 4:56 PM
No... I won't have the time, with school starting soon :ball:
 Tie Guy
08-20-2001, 5:10 PM
But cog is easy to do. It doesn't take much time, unless you want to write entirely new cog files. I mainly just edits the ones found in the game, and that is easy and a ton of fun.
 Paragon_Leon
08-20-2001, 5:40 PM
I voted Maybe..
yeah, yeah, i know...
..it's just that those FPS games don't sit that well with me. It's the controls that freak me out. If i could make it real easy, i'd probably go ape over it. Right now, i'm waiting on the first reviews.
 Tie Guy
08-20-2001, 6:14 PM
What do ya mean? JKs controls were really easy. Don't let people tell you to use the mouse. Use the keyboard, that is the easiest. You control direction with your right hand on the arrows. Then, just about every button within reach of your left hand can be assigned to a force power or ability. This makes everything really easy to get to.
 Master Yoda
08-20-2001, 7:35 PM
I never had a problem with the controls. I thought they were really easy to use, in fact I had expected them to be harder.
 dvader07
08-21-2001, 1:38 PM
I am going to definitely get JKII, but like tie, I am probably going to have to get a new computer to play it. That really makes the game a little more expensive. I still remember waiting very patiently (yeah right) for the first one to come out. I got into Dark Forces the original and JK just rocked. everything I have seen on JK:II looks great. I just wish they would have made it Dark Forces III. It seems sort of weird the way they did it. I know it was a marketing thing, but why couldn't they just call it Dark Farces III: Jedi Outcast. I think it would have been fine, but oh well. JK is in my opinion the best game ever. I just started playing MoTS again. I never go all the way through it, and I and trying to get more adept with the force powers.

A quick question, does force push work sort of like what Obi-Wan did in ep 1 do the droids, or is it just sort of a force nudge?
 observer_20000
08-21-2001, 3:21 PM
It's not really on my list of games to buy like GB is, I might get it, but it's not really high priority.
 Master Yoda
08-21-2001, 8:45 PM
I'll probably get it as soon as it comes out!!! Here is a link to a picture of Kyle doing a Force push to a stormtrooper in JKII.

just scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Force Push

http://pc.ign.com/previews/16463.html)
 xwing guy
08-21-2001, 9:16 PM
I like fps games I've completed every fps game I own and thats a lot, JK, SOF, MotS, Elite Force and the list goes on a on. Also about the controls I use the keyboard and mouse b/c if you have the mouse controls set just right they can give you a lot of things the keyboard by itself can't like precise aiming and some things. But on most modern games like SOF the mouse controls are set just right but on the older ones like JK the mouse controls are set different and aren't as good as they are now days. Also about force push on MotS how far you pushed something depended on how long you held down the hotkey for force push, and you can only use it on an indivadual instead of a group like in ep1. I especially like to force push people off the edge of cliffs and they said on JK2 you can hear them screaming all the way down.:D
 Lord JayVizIon
08-22-2001, 2:00 AM
well, i've pretty much taken advantage of my gravis joystick so i refer to that and my keyboard for movement in FPS games. i loved JK when i got that along with mysteries of the sith. the weapons were great and it's just something about having a FPS type game in the star wars universe with all those characters. it's for sure i'm going to get this game when it comes out. hopefully some of my pals get it so we can combat online and talk trash like we always do...:cool:
 xwing guy
08-22-2001, 9:50 PM
Anybody know what kinda of a mp JK2 is gonna have.
 Boba Rhett
08-22-2001, 10:04 PM
There aren't any details out yet but the next PC gamer will have details on both sp and mp.
 Tie Guy
08-22-2001, 10:46 PM
I imagine it will be very similar to JK, in that you can fight other in a death match type game. However, i believe that the support has grown so tha tyou can have many time more players than before. I also hope they add some other multiplayer modes, maybe even CO-OP, that would rule.
 Admiral Odin
08-22-2001, 10:53 PM
If I can run it I will buy it.
Page: 1 of 1