Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Housing Capacity and Starting Points

Page: 1 of 1
 Gunney95
11-26-2001, 5:59 PM
For some reason,
some of the custom scenario's I've built
(or run from other people)
come up with the second player having 4/0 housing.
the first person is fine,
and adding houses doesn't help
(nor does usual Trade Federation)
Anyone know why???

I've been reading all the posts about triggers,
but I don't see anything about starting points.
If player one is set in the scenario as Gungan,
but he plays Wookies, it doesn't seem to work right.
(I guess I'm used to Starcraft where you don't build a command center
on the starting map, you just set the starting point)

how can the scenario provide a command center if it doesn't know what race each player is going to play?

Thanks
 Wraith 5
11-27-2001, 12:24 PM
Well i am going to answer the first question with another question... When you add houses to the second player, do you have them selected hs the player for the units? If you don't then the houses would be under control of player 1 or what ever player you have selected.

I don't know for sure about the second question i havn't worked on any mp games, but my guess would be that you would place a base for each race on the boards...
 Gunney95
11-27-2001, 2:58 PM
I'm not actually placing any houses for the users,
the Command Center should give them five, then they should be able to add houses on their own.
But the Command Center for user 2 doesn't seem to have any housing points, and any house built by this user after the game begins appear as his buildings (I think) but it doesn't add to his housing total.

Question 2 clarification ...
what happens if 2 races want to play Gungan? does it remove the one that no one wanted?

Thanks in advance
 Gunney95
11-27-2001, 8:29 PM
Solved my own problem
(with some help ... thanks Bill)
GIAI needs to have a population of 200 also
apparently that ISN'T the default.

thanks
Page: 1 of 1