Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Is the darkside book worth getting?

Page: 1 of 1
 Kvan
08-19-2001, 3:13 PM
I know few of you play SW RPG, so for the people that do...Is the Darkside source book worth getting? Why?
I've heard conflicting thoughts on the book so I'm not sure if I should cancel my order or not...
 xwing guy
08-19-2001, 3:57 PM
whats this book for?
 Kvan
08-19-2001, 4:01 PM
Originally posted by xwing guy
whats this book for?
A Role-Playing game. :)
It seems like I'm the only one on these boards that play :(
 Boba Rhett
08-19-2001, 4:50 PM
From what I read in the latest Star Wars Insider about it, I'd get it even though I don't play. :D Here's what the chapters are about.

1. History of the Darkside
2. Playing the Darkside
3. Techneques for mastering the Darkside
4. The equipment that the Dark Jedi have used throughout all time
5. Talks about Darkside traditions and personalities
6. Talks about Sith altered beasts
7. Talks about the role of the Sith in different eras of play

And the pictures look totally wicked!! :p
 Wraith 5
08-20-2001, 11:36 AM
hey Kvan I am in to d&d...

I have been thinking about getting into sw rpg,

Is it worth it???
 Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-20-2001, 12:57 PM
Hey, Kvan. I play SWRPG. I think its quite fun. Unfortunately we don't get to play that often, but I have alot of fun when I do.

BTW Get the book, it looks awesome! :)
 Kvan
08-20-2001, 1:14 PM
Well Wraith, I actually like the D6 system better but I'm trying to like the D20. They made a lot of stupid mistakes in the new system (imo). Like you can't shoot the person at point blank range(they say that if your at point blank range the person can easlier side step it), the ship combat needs improvement, and they made a Stormtrooper a THUG!! How can they make them thugs? They are SOLIDIERS. I also didn't like how they made Yoda 20th lvl. That basically says, lvl. 20 is the highest you can reach, since Yoda was one of the most powerful and wise Jedi, and he lived for 900 years :rolleyes:
BTW thrawn you play too!?! I would have never guessed! What do you play? Are you multi classed?
 Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-20-2001, 1:22 PM
Well, I don't get to play alot. Our GM is always really busy. I play with my brothers and my friends that live across the street. I'm only level one still! :mad: I wish our gamemaster would get his act together so we could play more!!! Anyway, I'm a Chiss Jedi, wielding a green lightsaber and using the lightside of the Force. Believe me I'd like to play alot more than I do! :mad:
 Wraith 5
08-20-2001, 1:31 PM
Well boys let me ask you a question...

Is this a game you can play online? (I have played a few d&d games as dm but never online, or on a forums)

It you can I was thinking of starting, maybe chris would let you play on these fourms, I would be more then happy to be a gm (is that right it is dm in d&d)
 Kvan
08-20-2001, 1:44 PM
Originally posted by Wraith 5
Well boys let me ask you a question...

Is this a game you can play online? (I have played a few d&d games as dm but never online, or on a forums)

It you can I was thinking of starting, maybe chris would let you play on these fourms, I would be more then happy to be a gm (is that right it is dm in d&d)
Oh, HECK YEAH! That would be SOOO cool if we could play it here! I'd play!
Thrawn what era do you play in?
BTW Have you ever been to http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/) ? It's worth a look if you guys haven't :)
 Wraith 5
08-20-2001, 1:47 PM
kvan

I have to get back to work, I will drop Chris a line when i get back. Unless you want to ask him.

Also...

Are the core books like d&d where there is a book for dm's and a book for pc's or do you have to get them all?

And which book(s) should i get if i am going to gm(dm)?
 Kvan
08-20-2001, 2:00 PM
Originally posted by Wraith 5
kvan

I have to get back to work, I will drop Chris a line when i get back. Unless you want to ask him.

Also...

Are the core books like d&d where there is a book for dm's and a book for pc's or do you have to get them all?

And which book(s) should i get if i am going to gm(dm)?
You really just need the core rule book. There is no player guide. :) I'm getting the darkside book, which imo is the only books that might be worth having (that are out). The Rebellion era sourcebook, I hear is showing up in places and might be worth getting. Other books worth getting (when they come out) is the Monster/creature compendium and the StarShip book. But they don't come out for awhile.
 Paragon_Leon
08-20-2001, 2:11 PM
i voted yes, but don't know the book yet.. i said yes since i own the Rebel Alliance sourcebook of the West End Games RPG. that was pretty nice, and i imagine having a Dark Side highlighted like that is a nice touch.
 Kvan
08-20-2001, 2:40 PM
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon
i voted yes, but don't know the book yet.. i said yes since i own the Rebel Alliance sourcebook of the West End Games RPG. that was pretty nice, and i imagine having a Dark Side highlighted like that is a nice touch.
Did you used to play the WEG version? Or did you just get it for the info?
Page: 1 of 1