Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Official Unofficial Naboo campaign [Read all]

Page: 3 of 4
 darthfergie
12-12-2001, 6:51 PM
WAV files work...we know that because of our beloved YD and his wonderful Taunt Pack:D

But the Intro...who knows what kind of Custom made file they use because they don't want people copying the game easily...
 Clefo
12-12-2001, 6:56 PM
Well if we could mod, we could add voices in for the Hero units, and MAYBE we could make an intro if we could mod...
 RPWGabriel
12-12-2001, 7:52 PM
Has anyone figured out how to make an intro like that though?

And if not, I don't think the intro is that big a deal, as long as the campaign plays well.

Although if someone could pull it off, it would definitely make it look more "official"
 darthfergie
12-12-2001, 8:24 PM
Well I'm sure you can do it...but I'm not sure anybody here can do it...personally I just include a briefing in the reports...
 RPWGabriel
12-13-2001, 4:20 PM
Does anyone even know which files these are?

The intro stuff for the campaigns, I mean.

I don't even know which file it is.
 darthfergie
12-13-2001, 6:10 PM
Probably a combination of two or three files...I wouldn't even try looking for it...If we had a MAJOR program editor here like a mod maker...then we might do it...but really I don't mind it with just the reports and thing like that...
 ALTUS_Fett
12-13-2001, 7:27 PM
fergie, your avatars don't work
 darthfergie
12-13-2001, 7:36 PM
What do you mean???

The Easy 12 step process to Avatar installing
1) go to my site http://www.geocities.com/fergbacca/FergbaccaSW.html)
2) right click upon the avatar you want
3) go down to "Save Picture As..."
4) click on it
5) Once the pic is saved come back to this site
6) Go to the avatar section of "user CP"
7) press the "change avatar" button
8) go down to the browse button at the bottom of the page
9) click on it
10) find the picture you just saved and upload it onto the site
11) then click the "submit modifications" button
12) Once this is done you will have it as an avatar
 ALTUS_Fett
12-14-2001, 2:22 PM
I'm trying to put it one another site though. www.geocities.com/yodashorde) and it wont work on ezboard.
 darthfergie
12-14-2001, 6:07 PM
My avatars don't work???
One reason...you can't leech off GeoCities...You have to save the pick to your comp. and then put it on a leechable site..like www.webspawner.com) .Then you can take it off there...
 ALTUS_Fett
12-14-2001, 9:23 PM
OH, thanx fergie! :)
 RPWGabriel
12-14-2001, 11:46 PM
So....any news on a definite storyline for the Naboo campaign?
It's been kinda quiet here regarding this...:confused:
 darthfergie
12-15-2001, 12:29 PM
Once again I REALLY like mine :D

Scenario 1= The King has died...Captain Panaka (i think he is a hero) finds him dead and he and his guard force search out the traitor...(kill a few people nothing major)

Scenario 2= Several factions of 'potential' canidates fight it out...you/Panaka are on a quest to desern the best heir to the throne. You and your small task force are attacked several times by the waring factions...you find Amidala/Padme...end scenario

Scenario 3= Amidala anounces her intent for the throne...and is attacked by most of the waring factions...she has but one ally (I forgot his name...the advisor to amidala in the movies that stays behind) They fight together and defeat several factions...

Scenario 4= Amidala is now put up against the strongest faction...the faction of the king's nephew...fight it out...

Scenario 5= Amidala is being crowned queen and rules no military action will be taken against the TF...She is captured...Qui-Gon and Obi-One rescue here...oh and Jar Jar too...you have to get her to the hangar alive...

Scenario 6= Infiltration of the Palace after they come back...capture Nute Gunray...

And maybe these two bonus scenarios...Or you can figure out your ow versions...

Scenario 7= *bonus scenario* You get to defend Theed from the TF invaders with the small skeleton force that Naboo holds...

Scenario 8=*bonus scenario* face off with the Gungans...Panaka vs. Boss Nass...

But we need a core designing group...and soon...I'll be posting a Thread for Naboo Core Design Group.
 Com Raven
12-16-2001, 8:06 AM
Insteada one "whole" suggested storyline I'D take a few ideas from each ..

CAmpaign should include :

- "prehistoric" fightin against Gungans (just forget that thing about them fightin or not ! If Lucaslicensing can't bfigure it out, it's bot our fault !!)
- something of Fergie'S Fight for the Rule
-of course stand against Trade Fed

-(less priority) later against Imps, but I'd rather go with above stuff ...

And very good idea Fergie withg that Thread about definite team ...
 darthfergie
12-16-2001, 7:53 PM
Since this campaign is an undertaking of the GB.com community I'm going to stick these two threads to the top of this forum...
 Com Raven
12-17-2001, 6:44 AM
MIssion 1 : First Contact with Gungans

Mission 2&3 : Fergie's story ...
Mission 4 : Escape from Theed, lots of heroes

Mission 5 : rescue Sio Bibble who was forced to send message (don't know who suggested it, good idea ...), regular troops

Mission 6 : infiltrate Palace, once again heroes ...

If there's not a lotta complaint about it, we take this one !
Not perfect and not enough of your great idea in it, but we should get started ...

And if this one is cool, we can continue ...
 Zendjir
12-17-2001, 7:13 AM
Well, that sounds mighty fine :)

But we should go into more detail for each mission and the total campaign before anyone starts working on it.

here's my idea (continued from comravens idea):

1. First contact with gungans

The colonists land on naboo, and claim it theirs (this could be done with a wav file like: I hereby claim this planet...bla bla bla). There is a short time to build up the base before the gungans attack. The colonists survive, and need to destroy the gungan monument (or other important thingy) to beat the gungans. It ends with a conversation where peace is made.

2&3

Fergies story
IMO it should be centered around the main character

4 Escape from theed

We could center it around obi-wan and Qui-gon / around the queen and her handmaidens or around a totally 'new' character.
I would go for the new character here goes:
Sabe evades the initial capture of the queen, walks around a bit and finds a group of soldiers/ militiamen/ whatever. They decide to fight their way out. While doing so, they come across serveral scenes from the movie.

5 Rescue Sio Bibble

Attack a prison camp to get your workers and some reinforcements. With that, you build up a base and need to destroy the TF command center so that Sio Bibble appears from the debris. Then you need to get him to a certain spot on the map. The difficulty in this mission lies in the time counter; you have to destroy the command center before Sio is transported out of the system. After the command center is destroyed, you have to keep the guy alive and bring him to the exit-spot.
The use of aircraft in this mission should be made almost impossible (alot of AA) to keep things balanced.

6 Infiltrate palace

Well....like in the movie....

7 bonus mission

We should have a bonus mission, any ideas?
 Com Raven
12-18-2001, 2:13 PM
I'd let our brave colonists in mission 1 find some of those strange sacred stone heads . Gungans attack cause they think they were desecrated !!

Rest sounds fine, and I think bonus mission can be made at the end ...
 Zendjir
12-19-2001, 3:15 AM
Yeah, that's a good idea for mission one, it gives it more of a reason.

Let's wait for more replies before we consider this the final story. At that time we should have some people ready that can create the scenario.
We can also make a poll, on the main page, to see what people think of the idea.
And then we can let the creators loose.

Agreed?

Oh, and what about the bonus mission, I dont have any ideas yet.
 Com Raven
12-19-2001, 8:57 AM
Sure, any publicity is nice ..

And for the bonus missions, I suggest those to be up to the mapmakers themselves, sure the'll have some cool ideas ...
 darthfergie
12-19-2001, 9:39 AM
The Bonus Missions are going to be given out to designers and they will be given their choice on what to do.

We are going to have enough designers that it is very possible for different people to do those two bonus missions...
 Com Raven
12-19-2001, 11:31 AM
Stan has taking responsibility for it, guys should send their bonus missions, he selects runner-ups, and all of us play for final decision ...

Now it'S time to really plan the missions ...
 darthfergie
12-19-2001, 3:34 PM
I'm co-ordinating the whole project...(since I'm a mod in here it helps)

Stan has agreed to do scenarios, recruitment, etc...he is the all around designer I don't think he is officially involving SCN Punk in this, but he has asked for them to come and volunteer...

As for the missions...we need to start getting those planed out and voted on as soon as we can. Then we can get to the designing...Hopefully we can have a basic storyline by Christmas or soon afterwards...
 Com Raven
12-19-2001, 4:04 PM
Looks like idea for mission 1 is fine (no negative comments so far ..)

Fergie, suggest what you wanted in your missions..

Btw, I've fallen to the dark side too (ie got ur avatar now too ..)
 darthfergie
12-19-2001, 5:14 PM
My sugestions were on the last page...that is my campaign idea...

We need several popular campaign ideas (layed out well so you don't have references to other people's, etc) Then I will post a poll with the most popular 4 or 5 and the people will voteon which is the best. Then we make the best...:)
 Stan|SCN Punk
12-20-2001, 1:29 AM
The best way to end a debate is to put it into action. If you take the initiative and made a scenario based on your storyline, then the rest who didn't make a scenario on their storylines will not be able to argue as loud as you. My advice for you guys. :)
 Zendjir
12-20-2001, 3:32 AM
I suggest we post the current idea on the main page and do a poll.

I dont agree with stan, just pushing the scenario down everybody's throat to avoid discussion is a bad idea. Remember, we are making a scenario for the community, what if we found out at the last moment that the community thinks the scenario sucks? ---Mission failed--- and all the work done for nothing
 darthfergie
12-20-2001, 9:36 AM
We WILL have a vote on about 3 or 4 different Ideas...We Will have it open for a week or two and will have it set and ready to go soon. (Stan that might work if there was only one designer, etc...but this is the community campaign...or something like that):)
 darthfergie
12-20-2001, 9:42 AM
OKay moving right along...People suggest your favorite Campaign Ideas soon. And I mean soon. I'm going to put that poll up tomorrow...

If you want your Campaign Idea entired into the poll on time send it to my pm box today or early tomorrow morning...
 Heavyarms
12-20-2001, 11:07 AM
the Rogue leader mission either Ison Corridor ambush, or the mission Prisioners of the Maw, or the Cloud city mission.

Ison Corridor: protect a group of transports from destruction while using your x-wings.

Prisioners of the Maw: Rescue a group of Rebel prisoners using your Y-wings.

Cloud City: take out tons of TIEs, and secure Tibanna gas by taking out gun turrets.
 darthfergie
12-20-2001, 1:01 PM
This is the Naboo Campaign idea thread...no rebels...:)
 Com Raven
12-20-2001, 2:52 PM
Very true ...

As I said, I wouldn't just take one whole story, but take best pieces from everyone ...

If that one story is taken, could you cut your story to two missions (rest is gonna be told between missions or in briefings then ...)
 GunganArchitect
12-20-2001, 6:33 PM
OK I suggest a mix of Com Raven's , Fergie's and some other people who have had good "small" ideas.

I can't be bothered to go back through the threads to find each person's idea, and then compile them into a campaign idea ;)
 Stan|SCN Punk
12-20-2001, 6:42 PM
Aside from the general storyline, there is the fine details and the medium as to how the story is expressed (in the history section, initial objectives screen, or via characters in the actual scenario) that needs to be entirely decided by the scenario designer.
 darthfergie
12-20-2001, 11:22 PM
Exactly...remember people send me pms of your idea or they will not be submited in the poll.

Like Stan said these are general campaign ideas...there is no reason to get into the exact specifics...

Send those pms soon
 Natopo
12-21-2001, 7:23 AM
I believe we should just start making it. We're never going to get it done if we sit here and discuss it. Let's just get this show on the road y'all :deathii: :deathii: :bdroid2: :atat:

Okay. I say we have a chat and finish this. We'll be able to start production on this after the chat.
 darthfergie
12-21-2001, 11:09 AM
Like I said this thing is getting finished...Saturday I'm posting a poll on the campaign idea...

hopefully all of the aplacants have sent their scenarios to Stan at the recruiting office.

We should be able to start working on this soon after Christmas...:)
 Natopo
12-21-2001, 11:30 PM
Good. We can get it started after christmas.
 Stan|SCN Punk
12-22-2001, 2:10 AM
I have received nothing so far.

My email is stan_the_conquistador@hotmail.com for those who are interested.
 GunganArchitect
12-22-2001, 11:03 PM
b]Naboo Campaign[/b]

Dear Fergie,

It's GunganArchitect here, a loyal contributor to the forums (esp Scenario design), I'm just posting my ideas for the Naboo campaign. Here is mine - please submit it for the poll

Scenario 1. Human colonists arrive on Naboo for the first time.
Start: You fly in with some transports to a rugged planet for the first time. First objective is "Scout the area to find out if the planet is a worthy colony" - ie find nova, and ore deposits, and fertile soil - food and nerfs, etc. Second objective is to set up a base - ie build up a settlement of some kind. The End.

**(Easy and a 'starter up' - remember...at this stage the Naboo are unaware of Gungan existance)**

Scenarios 2-3. First Gungan contact

Scenario 2 and 3: (This storyline could be seperated into the two scenarios later this is just a basic overview of how the conflict eveolves)

You have remote outposts and a few men in certain areas, as well as some sort of base. Gungans stroll past...you open fire on them and then they start talking to you. They accuse you of attacking them innocently and of religious sacrelige beacause of the settlement you built in the area (perhaps is the place where the Gungans believe their God first created life - or whateva .

The Gungans who fight the Naboo could be members of a rogue Gungan faction or they could form a rogue gungan faction in response to the human settlement, . The game would evolve into a war with the "rogue Gungans".

These rogue gungans could then fight a guerilla war against the Naboo - "hit and run" warfare. Also they could be sort of terrorists - striking against the naboo cities - kinda like Bin Laden (a sensitive issue but a good idea). In the end you wipe out the Rogue Gungan force...but you (the Naboo) are forever viewed by the normal Gungan Population as enemies. (The normal gungan population saw the Rogue Gungans as heroes - Boss Nass secretly supported them without openly declaring support for their cause - kinda like a lot of leaders through history.)

An uneasy peace ensures - (the cold relationship the 2 civs had).

Rogue Gungans could have some cool name for themselves (Rogue Gungans sounds a bit plain) i.e. the name of Bin Laden's group is Al Qaeda - so the Rogues could have their own name as well.

~~If you decide (the designers) to have a direct confrontation between Boss Nass and the Naboo then you can make up the story ~~

Scenarios4-5. You could insert Fergie's ideas here. The only problem is, and this is a BIG PROBLEM was that Amidala was elected democratically - no warring factions!?!

**Instead**

Scenarios 4-5. This could be the story of the Naboo slipping into a period of civil war. You could be the monarchy and you have to fight a group hell-bent on a new way of government - Anarchists, communists (well, a variation on the names but are anti - royalty).

Basic Plot - Monarchy, security forces battle the **faction** who want change - tales of betrayal in the Kings ranks...etc

Scenario 4- i.e. Details the beginnings and some battles in the civil war. Then you move a number of troops or weapoins to a specific location to prepare to eliminate the factions. Then you are betrayed by a senior army official who defects. There is an ambush waiting...many monarchists (your men) are killed, weapons are stolen...and you have to run back to Theed and survive...then pick up the pieces and defeat the factions in scenario 5.

Scenario 5: You must defeat the factions once and for all. i.e. survive an assault on Theed, then lead a squad of elite men - jedi, heroes, through **faction**controlled territory and assasinate the leader and blow up the main base of the **faction**. Restore the king to his glory and negotaite a peace with the remaining rabble of guerillas. etc HAPPY ENDING

Then a TIME-JUMP to the crowning of Queen Amidala - a cutscene - speech about how she is honored, people cheers!! etc

Scenario 6. Trade Federation story begins. The plot and scenes from the movie are played out. Lots of cutscenes where the Trade Fed invades and rounds up resistance etc. Mission: You have escape with the Queen and Obi Wan, Qui Gon, Panaka etc. Past droids, and away!

BONUS MISSIONS .....Return and Liberate Theed by infiltrating the palace with Panaka and Amidala like in the movie. Capture the viceroy, etc ETC!! You win - Fine details can be worked out later.

Another Bonus mission...to be decided by Scenario group.

I reckon this plot would be good - It has everything - Fight with gungans, terrorists, civil war, RPG element, infiltration, Ep 1 Phantom menace stuff, the Trade Fed, etc. If it doesn't get accepted I won't be too devastated But I'll eventually try to make it myself. I like the plot - I hope you do too peoples....

<GunganArchitect>
 darthfergie
12-22-2001, 11:38 PM
Thanks G.A.
I'm going to be here tomorrow too. So I'll be posting the poll tomorrow...

I forgot to do it today :D
 Natopo
12-23-2001, 2:12 AM
Where is the location of the poll? galalcticbattles.com?
 Natopo
12-23-2001, 2:17 AM
Oh, G.A. I like your plot. I doubt there'll be anything better.
 Mike DF
12-23-2001, 4:25 PM
I also prefer G.A.'s. As I said, my post was of my own plans. I'm working on mine for the heck of it, while I try to figure out how to use the editor. (I don't have the slightest idea how it works. But the chance to do my own Star Wars tactical-type scanario is too much not to take advantage of.) I was just throwing it out as an example. Or to give some ideas. Throw more options out into the brainstorm, that kind of thing.

So, don't vote for my idea. I'm doing it. It'll be done. Someday. Maybe. Right after I finish the Mechcommander 1 mission utilizing my hometown.
 PhoenixNaboo
12-23-2001, 6:36 PM
Hi! I'm new here but I totally agree with you wanting to create a Naboo Campaign...I tried to make one...but it sorta didn't work out like I wanted. I have a full story line and anybody interested can email me at PhoenixNaboo@msn.com . It's probably gonna be viewed as stupid...but hey...it's an idea!

Thanks,

PhoenixNaboo....A Queen Amidala Fan!
 de351
12-23-2001, 9:35 PM
just a tiny question when will this come out i understand that is hard to figure so I am just wondering thanks:lsduel:
 darthfergie
12-24-2001, 3:57 PM
We don't have a definate release date yet but work should be getting started on this soon after Christmas...
 Stan|SCN Punk
12-25-2001, 1:19 AM
I suggest we don't set a release date until we have applicants. ;)
 Com Raven
12-31-2001, 7:23 AM
Do nwe set a certain point of time when storyline-vote is closed, or do we await a certain no. of votes ??
 Stan|SCN Punk
12-31-2001, 5:45 PM
I wouldn't know.
Page: 3 of 4