Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

how to gain ressource faster

Page: 1 of 1
 felquiste
04-03-2002, 5:13 PM
I need to know hoe to get more and more ressource, when i play multiplayer, i'm always the one that has less ressources.
I build powercores and upgrade all my prod center
thanx
 Rogue15
04-03-2002, 9:52 PM
build 20 workers, 10 on carbon and 10 on food. Build 5 troops while on your way to tech 2. once u hit tech 2 build 4 nova workers and 4 ore workers, and 5 more food and 5 more carbon.

Also be sure to build a jedi/sith temple to collect holocrons for freenova.
 Supreme Warlord
04-04-2002, 1:42 PM
Actually just keep cranking workers until you reach 75 and that will be enough. Dont stop making workers. Just keep cranking them out. Also build a spaceport and trade with a comp or ally. Nova help in buying other things. :)
 _Xenocide_
04-04-2002, 4:28 PM
Econ booming is very important in T3. Build multiple CC's (Command Centers) and start pumping out workers. A good econ can mean a lot of different things depending on what type of resources are available.

Early game econ is devoted to going through tech levels quickly. Therefore, you will sacrifice some long term econ to get a fast T2 and T3. Some general notes on fast tech times. Kill all your good. If you have 12 nerfs/banthas (high food map), kill about five of them, and build a nursery for the rest. On a low food map build farms as soon as you get your fpc up. Seven to 8 farms is good for constant worker production.

In T2 you will decide what type of rush you are going to use. Go ore if tower rush, nova for mech, jedi, or air rush. Carbon for trooper rush. Make sure to buy the carbon upgrade, espcially if you are TF (Trade Federation).

Once you reach T3, you build your CC's and try and get between 60-80 workers. 15-20 farms will give.
 Duke Straykker
04-06-2002, 1:27 AM
What pop limit are you basing this on?
 _Xenocide_
04-06-2002, 3:14 AM
Uh, standard game settings in the zone are 200 max pop. I would do the same for 150, but I would kill off about 20 workers to free up space for military units when I felt I had enough econ.
 Duke Straykker
04-06-2002, 9:31 AM
Ah, I see. I cant play at the Zone.. :(

I bought my copy like a good lil boy, and installed it and everything etc. But, it says that it cant detect my copy installed on my hard drive, therefore cannot play :)

I even reinstalled it and deleted all registry entries several times, still nothing. Hehe, so I can only play IP games.....

Also, I dont really play with 200 pop limit. My specialty is 75, but I can play at 100, and 125 reasonably ok. I havent really tried 200, but I think I would be ok at it, and 150, once I played it a few times :)

You up for a game anytime.....?
 _Xenocide_
04-06-2002, 1:42 PM
Sure, time and IP? I can get free prob around 4-5 pm PST on Sat and 9-11 am PST Sun.
 Chessack
04-06-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by _Xenocide_
Uh, standard game settings in the zone are 200 max pop. I would do the same for 150, but I would kill off about 20 workers to free up space for military units when I felt I had enough econ.

You shouldn't be killing off workers until way late in the game. I never have 75 workers as some guys indicate, but I usually go into TL2 with 22 or so, and by the time TL3 rolls around I have a good 45-50. At least that many, is important. More than that, in part depends on how much you have improved them (fully upgraded/improved workers are worth about 1.75 'base' workers with no improvement), and what your resource situation looks like (for instance, I didn't need many farmers the game when I had two completely full, powered, upgraded Animal Nurseries cranking out hundreds of food a minute).

C
 Duke Straykker
04-06-2002, 11:39 PM
Well Xenocide, I dont actually know PST very well, but I am guessing that it is about 6:35 or 7:35 pm right now? Its 2:35pm in the afternoon here. If you have MSN or ICQ add me to your list (s). padawanjedi45@hotmail.com, or 120317411.

We can get a good game going, I havent had a good challenge in a while :)
 _Xenocide_
04-07-2002, 2:45 PM
Straykker, got real busy this weekend with work. Would like to play though. I'll just ICQ you when I get free to see if you are available :0
 Duke Straykker
04-08-2002, 1:33 AM
Thats cool. Just so you know, if it shows me as offline, I am just probably set to Invisible. I cant really go "Online" because otherwsie I get flooded with messages from people involved with Star Wars Galaxies. So just send a message, and I will probably answer :)
Page: 1 of 1