Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Resource War

Page: 1 of 1
 DarkTrooper
11-25-2001, 4:51 AM
is the first draft title. what this scenario is about, is there are 4 players in the 4 corners. the catch is that they are blocked off by resources. so they have to mine there way through the resources to get to the other players. which elimanates any rushes. each player starts out with: 2 workers, 1 command center, 50 of each resource. The object is to destroy the enamy. it is still in rough draft form but i will give u guyz updates on it.u guyz can give me suggestgetion about it too
 Messier75
12-04-2001, 12:48 PM
Sounds like an interesting idea.

These are just some of my quick thoughts.

Will there be space to build at first or will you have to mine your way to open land to build your buildings?

Trees can be destroyed by some units so keep that in mind, they won't block people in for long.

Depending on how many resources are used to block the players in it could turn into a pretty long scenario. You could conceivably mine just enough to build a big airforce and keep the resources in place to keep the enemy out of range.

Now that I'm thinking about it, that could make air transports very valuable to do drop & raids.

But a vill with heavy A/A support surrounded by impassable resources would be tough to get to.

It has possibilities, all depends on the size of the map & the balance of enough resources to keep you from getting to them vs them getting to you.

Those are just a few quick thoughts.
Page: 1 of 1