Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I overwhelmed the Empire!!!!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Rogue15
04-02-2002, 10:59 PM
Who says Empire has superior mechs?!!?!?!?

:D

Well i was Trade Federation, and I kinda ran out of nova early on (used it to tech really fast)....well anyways, the empire finally catches up....I have 2 fortresses defending my base...man i was nearly overrun by mounted troopers and strike mechs and dark troopers....my fortresses and 2 fighters stopped that rush, then i had some bounty hunters....well i built a foreward fortress and built a troop center close by...and a mech factory. i had a bunch of strike mechs and mech destroyers...nearly got overwhelmed by darktroopers, i did once and the fortress nearly got destroyed (by pummels and mounted troops....) well i send in some backup mechs wipe them out....the enemy occasionally sends in a sith lord, who quickly gets killed....SO i am like out of nova and can't build droidekas....but i have a ton of food and carbon, so i have 1 base build a ton of strike mechs and another base build a ton of mech destroyers....I send in the first wave of like 15 of each, take out the enemy airbase...and start to destroy their command center and i build a few more, send them in, they clear up most of the troops and occupy the enemy troop center and destroy the command center...so the enemy can't really send anything, but its fighters (unupgraded) are hurting my guys....SO those end up getting vaped....so i build like 15 aa troopers and 15 mech destroyers and 15 strike mechs...send them to destroy the wall, and start to build some more, once my mechs are through the wall, i take out their command center and destroy their troop center and my other mechs are coming through the back base, they wipe out all the command centers, the enemy has 1 fortress that i just bypass....and they gave up once all their command centers were destroyed! :D Game lasted like 2 hours...

that was really fun and tense cuz i thought i was going to lose...guess i did well to build 20 workers before going to tech 2.
 Supreme Warlord
04-03-2002, 12:30 PM
LOL! that is call Rentless assault... Many people do it to wear the other person down and hope that a crack in the defense shows and he/she will send the main strike force through that crack to do some damage. Congrat anyway!! Empire are good especially the Sith Lord. :)
 Chessack
04-03-2002, 2:06 PM
20 workers before heading to TL 2 is a good idea, at least if you're gonna play defensively (as I do).

Congrats for sticking it out and not letting him get ya!
 _Xenocide_
04-04-2002, 4:34 PM
Nice job! Did your MD and SM take out the buildings? Pummels would be a lot faster. I like to garrison my AA inside my MD's for a rainy day. TF have awsome artil. But I guess you were out of nova. But buy a little and stick those long range art along with your MD and SD's. A few pummels with AA. That's pretty tough to stop.
 The Red Master
04-11-2002, 9:49 AM
Great job!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Page: 1 of 1