Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Freezing Unit's

Page: 1 of 1
 General Oskirka
11-24-2001, 12:31 AM
I am curious how to freeze muliple unit's so I may have an army approach a base with the unit's in a certain formation. Can anybody help with this problem.

I.E. I am making a certain senario where I need my strom troopers to approach a base and have five rebel troopers there, if I do not have a freeze command they just start wandering.
 darthfergie
11-24-2001, 12:51 AM
hmmm...interesting...I would have to delve into the editor on that one BUT I THINK I HAVE A SOLUTION RIGHT NOW!!!

Okay when you come in sight of the rebel base set up a trigger that once it is seen it creates the enemy troopers in the base...so they will be right where you want them when you want them...
 General Oskirka
11-24-2001, 12:59 AM
Thanks I am trying that now but the Area box just isn't that uhhh "form Fitting" to the path I have them on, I kinda want the troops to be there like in the Droid Federation Senario were you have to destroy those three cities. You know how the units are just sitting there waiting for you to come attack and then they fight back, that's what I'm looking for. But at the moment I am messing around with the Bring Object to area command.
 Kudar
11-25-2001, 5:42 AM
You could always set a patrol route for them so they only follow that path and don't wander off, maybe
 AoErat
11-25-2001, 11:26 AM
Try setting the computer player's AI to None
 General Oskirka
11-25-2001, 4:01 PM
I would set their AI to none but will they defend the base with no AI?
 Stan|SCN Punk
11-28-2001, 2:19 AM
Well, it is possible but difficult to create an AI that will respond to a trigger and until a trigger tells it to it will stay dormant. What you really want to do is to have a "dummy" player, whose units all stand around doing nothing, and a real player with the standard or your own custom AI that does all the building and defending.

The Immobile Units AI will allow you to freeze a player from moving. The units will still attack unit that comes within its LOS though.

http://scnpunk.com/swpunk/immobilegold.zip)

Installation help can be found here: http://scnpunk.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?121)
Page: 1 of 1