Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Radient not working for JK2

Page: 1 of 1
 aazell
04-02-2002, 10:26 AM
Hey all

It's probably wishful thinking at this point as I know that Raven have not released the editing tools for JK2 but can I open and look at the JK2 map files in Radient? I don't own Q3A and when I try to open radient I get a message asking me to guide it to the Engine (a specific file type can't remember which) but when I look through the system files in the JK2 folders I can't seem to find a file of that type. I hope you understand me.

Oh and I have unzipped all the PK3 files but to no avail.

Is there any way to open the maps yet?

aaz
 UniKorn
04-02-2002, 11:00 AM
Even with the tools you can't look at the raven maps. You need the .mapfiles and they didn't release those. They only give you the ability to create your own maps and maybe they'll provide one of the maps as an example.
 sk_boogerfett
04-05-2002, 7:05 PM
i dont condone this for any reason other than using for reference...but look up winbsp on google, its a decompiler. itll make the maps into .maps...but there will be plenty of errors. aloso, im not sure raven would appreciate it.
 Vorax
04-05-2002, 8:41 PM
The standard Quake III SDK can do that. bsp2aas does it. But it's useless. All the textures will be gone and I believe (can't remember) the curves will be lost.

Raven won't mind, cuz you end up with something that is basically worthless.

- Vorax
 UniKorn
04-10-2002, 4:50 AM
All patches will be lost. Which includes curves :)

UniKorn
Project Lead / Mapper 4 Wired Lamp Studios
http://www.wiredlampstudios.com)
Page: 1 of 1