Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Couple of Modding Questions (SDK, LEVEL ED, ETC.)

Page: 1 of 1
 nFlow
04-01-2002, 6:55 PM
Hey All.
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Nick. I am 16 and I live in Toronto, Ontario. Canada.

First off, I would like to give out some props to Raven. JK2 kicks major ass. Well Done.

Second, I am interested in modding. I am just wondering if RAVEN will release their SDK (or do I just use the Q3arena SDK), level editors and such to the public?

If any of you ppl have any comments about this, or know the answer to any of my questions, let me know.

Bye for now.
Nick
 Krak3n
04-01-2002, 7:28 PM
Hi

Yes, Raven will be releaseing an SDK, when we are not quite sure, could be any time in the next couple of months. It's shame u cna't use the Q3 Radient as the bsp files have changed between Q3 and JO :(

Krak3n
 jipe
04-02-2002, 12:29 AM
Word straight from ChangKhan is that the tools will be released "sometime this week".
 Shifty
04-02-2002, 1:20 AM
Originally posted by jipe
Word straight from ChangKhan is that the tools will be released "sometime this week".
Tools to make mods? Released sometime this week?
:eek:
Awesome!
;)
 Anakin
04-02-2002, 5:09 AM
This week... cooooooooooool :)
 walpurgis999
04-02-2002, 5:17 AM
Will the SDK pack allow anything in the SP and MP games to be changed?
 UniKorn
04-02-2002, 6:01 AM
If they do a similar release as they did with EF then you'll be able to :

Modify the source in multiplayer (sdk)
Modify the maps in multiplayer (gdk)
Modify the models+weapons in multiplayer (sdk+gdk)
Modify the behavior of the players (sdk)

Modify the maps in single player(gdk)
Modify the stories in single player(gdk)

Normally the sdk for single player won't be released.
 Jedi-Kemp
04-02-2002, 1:24 PM
Q: Hi i was woundering if JediKnight2-JediOutcast was going to be supported by Radiant as it is using the Q3 Engine Hope this can be answered soon as I am itching to make maps for JK2 thanks.

A:Nothing official at this time. It is very likely that we are going to
support JKII mapping to some extent though.

regards

TTimo

There you have it :) should be soon I hope
Page: 1 of 1