Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

AI Help

Page: 1 of 1
 Snarkster
11-22-2001, 4:35 AM
Whenever I create a scenerio map, my AI's will NOT ally, I tried many different settings. When my wife and I play the scenerio the AI WILL ally, but when I play a single player they will not ally and attack each other instantly...Any help, suggestions appreciated..
Snarky
 Kudar
11-22-2001, 5:02 AM
Without actually having the game yet, I can't give a compete answer, I am inclined to believe that you would need to set diplomacy triggers, telling the computer opponents that they are allied with each other, something like this:

Trigger name - stay allies
trigger on - yes
looping - yes
Change Diplomacy - you need to set which players to ally with who, you would also need to set this trigger up for both players seperately

I think it's something along those lines.
 Snarkster
11-22-2001, 3:34 PM
I've done the triggers in the diplomacy menu several different ways, but it doesnt seem to matter which way I set them up, the AI will always fight each other. Even in the setup menu for the scenerio before launching the game I've locked the AIs as team mates...
Thank for the suggestion though :O)
Snark
 Snarkster
11-22-2001, 3:49 PM
I tried to set the triggers up as you said, but no luck,,,Anyone know where to get some better info on the editor?
 AoErat
11-22-2001, 5:34 PM
Do you want them to be allied at the start, or randomly ally at some point during the game?
 Snarkster
11-22-2001, 11:24 PM
I am just making skirmish maps for single player and multi player, ally at the begining always is what I'd like but for both single and multi player., In all my maps the AI will not ally, would appreciate it much if you could help.
Snark
 AoErat
11-23-2001, 12:42 PM
Click the Diplomacy button. There you are able to set alliances, etc.
 Snarkster
11-24-2001, 3:56 PM
I Tried to set the diplomaacy many different ways, it will not ally????????????????????
 Jedi_Knight
11-24-2001, 6:34 PM
make sure both teams are allied and that they can't change thier diploymacy
 Snarkster
11-25-2001, 12:19 AM
I've done all that, made sure the comp players were all allied and even the Allied Victory in the diplomacy menu. I tried to set them to ally at the start menu and also locked the teams. In a single player scenerio map they WILL NOT ALLIE. Now if my wife and I play a multi player against the computer and set the game up for them to ally, THEY DO ALLIE>>>>>>>
Help anyone please, my wife wont play them on hardest like I like to play,,,,,,,,,,,Thanx again for the suggestions fellas, now someone please give me the right solution on the settings,,,,,?????????
 Darth_Rommel
11-25-2001, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Snarkster
I've done all that, made sure the comp players were all allied and even the Allied Victory in the diplomacy menu. I tried to set them to ally at the start menu and also locked the teams. In a single player scenerio map they WILL NOT ALLIE. Now if my wife and I play a multi player against the computer and set the game up for them to ally, THEY DO ALLIE>>>>>>>
Help anyone please, my wife wont play them on hardest like I like to play,,,,,,,,,,,Thanx again for the suggestions fellas, now someone please give me the right solution on the settings,,,,,?????????

Well, in MP, the comps may "unally" with you at any time... so, if you want them to stay on the teams you give them... LOCK THE TEAMS
 Snarkster
11-25-2001, 12:06 PM
I have tried that, In a multi player there are no problems, but in a single player, they will not ALLIE......................Thanx again Snark
 Spaminacan
12-04-2001, 5:06 AM
I've found that if I send the chat message "31)Attack something!", the AI's all respond and begin attacking with whatever forces they have mustered. It may be that the allied computer AI's are set to remain passive until ordered to do something.:(
Page: 1 of 1