Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Client Side Scripting, ForcePowers question?

Page: 1 of 1
 Diogenes
04-01-2002, 8:50 AM
I'm looking for info on updating the forcepowers for the player, and what I need to do to set them. I've written a favorites script to load forcepowers on keybinds, but it's not triggering the change on the server, my forcepowers from the console shows my newly selected list of powers (looks like the contents of the .fcf files), but when I respawn it doesn't apply them. I watched the console with the developer mode on, and changed them by hand, and it did basicly the same thing. The only difference I could find, was the cl_paused variable being set to 1 when they enter the menu system, and reseting to 0 when I applied the prefs.

So my question really is a few questions, and an answer to any of them would set me in the right direction.

First off, is there a way of setting forcepowers from the console that someone else knows of?

Is there a way to open and close a menu from a console command? (I'd bet that this would trigger the update needed)

Is there a way to execute the uiscript function that the "Apply" button is doing on mousedown, from the console?

Is there a way to get the cl_paused variable to toggle on from the console? Again, I'd bet that the unpausing is setting the info on the server.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
 Diogenes
04-02-2002, 4:32 PM
Bump

Another question too, re TeamChat. There are 2 cvars from the console called teamchatheight, and teamchattime. Neither seems to be working. Is this something that Raven is planning on fixing? 3 chathud lines shared with kills, and recieved messages means that talking to your team in pubs is practicly impossible.
 Diogenes
04-02-2002, 10:36 PM
Nevermind I figured out the forcepowers thing.
 GF cReEpEr
05-02-2002, 5:43 AM
I just was looking for this same question using search...

If ya found out how, could ya let me know some more info on that? I'm just about as lost as you might have been when you first posted this... :)

Thanks...
 boa
05-04-2002, 10:57 PM
hey, i don't know if i am too late, but i've been having the same problem and i just figured it out....

you have to use:

seta forcepowers 7-1-332330000030002332
forcechanged

put the two lines above in a .cfg (as they are shown) and then bind a key to execute it (in another config...), e.g.

bind F7 "exec cfgs/heal_protect.cfg;echo HEAL and PROTECT - light (level 7)"

the new settings take effect the next time you respawn.

to generate the list of no's, either create a .fcf file by saving your settings from in the game and then use notepad to cut and paste the list of numbers, or use the list below (where you put the number 0-3 in each place for the level you want):

rank-side-heal.lev.speed.push.pull.tele.grip.lightning.rage. protect.absorb.teamheal.teamforce.drain.see.sabera ttack.saberdefend.saberthrow

hope this helps?

oh and btw, the new settings will not show up in the force settings menu, but they will be set in the game... [it took me a while to work that one out] - the selection menu is not updated by the change you have made, it is just a utility to make the change that you have already made...
Page: 1 of 1