Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hello fellow Level Designers!

Page: 1 of 1
 Jesterspaz
04-01-2002, 3:41 AM
:) Hey all
Just wanted to drop a line to everyone. I am active in the planetquake mapping community, and I am really exited about designing levels for Jkii. All we need now are the entities...
Does anyone know if raven is releasing a JKORadiant or something of that nature, like they did with EFRadiant...
 Jesterspaz
04-01-2002, 3:43 AM
for some reason my signature isnt working...

Justin "Jesterspaz" Negrete
www.planetquake.com/jesterspaz)
 Oz
04-01-2002, 3:49 AM
I'm told we'll be releasing the tools very soon. I'm afraid I don't have any more specific info than that...
 HePKaT
04-01-2002, 5:00 AM
signatures like aren't allowed on these forums...saves lucas bandwith.
 JMH_Link
04-01-2002, 7:44 AM
Do you know of any other mapping tools we could use until/if they release the tools?

I just really want to add the Jedi Academy level to the mulitiplayer.

04-01-2002, 7:48 AM
you could use elite forces radiant or quake 3's radiant it would only be the entities that are different but if you dont care about destructable stuff and just make a simple map it would probly work with JO, im going to make a dueling area based on a landing pad in curascant(sp?) with a ship that sits there. should be good :)
 UniKorn
04-01-2002, 7:57 AM
BSP's are NO LONGER compatible. I tried building a simple map with only an info_player_start entity in it. It gives a version conflict. But I do think that the mapfiles will still be read by the JO Editor. So you can't test your maps yet in JO, but I think that the .mapfiles are still compatible.
 Kaden Dark
04-01-2002, 8:30 AM
sometimes when i make a basic map with the q3 radiant then try to convert it to EF radiant it says something like degenerative brushes or something, o well im going to wait till the gdk gets released
 JMH_Link
04-01-2002, 8:52 AM
Thanks for the infomation and Kaden Dark it is Coruscant ;)

04-01-2002, 9:00 AM
np and call me Kaden :) Darks my last name
Page: 1 of 1