Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lightsaber in both hands? (not two-bladed-saber!)

Page: 1 of 1
 Mason
03-31-2002, 7:50 PM
So is anybody working with this kind of mod?
 Shifty
03-31-2002, 9:44 PM
You're talking about using two lightsabers at once, one in each hand, correct?
Yeah, that would rock, hehe. I'd love to see that actually happen, but I think it would take a lot of work for the animations in order to make them look good. Or maybe not.. I don't know :D
 Unreally_Rasty
04-20-2002, 12:17 AM
yes i also think this would be tight!
 }{oagie
04-20-2002, 1:24 AM
well, first you would need a brand new set of animations for each hand. The you need to mess w/ the code so that you hold on in each hand. so its not possible until the SDK comes out.
 seantree
04-20-2002, 1:39 AM
I t would be very cool and I'm sure it will be done once the SDK is out. Just a little longer.
 Woad
04-20-2002, 1:45 AM
Also keep in mind that a player wielding one saber fighting someone with two sabers would also need a completely new set of moves. Blocking someone with two sabers is very different from blocking a person with just one.
 Unreally_Rasty
04-20-2002, 11:05 AM
well maybe he could block with the right hand and throw with the right and attack with the left:confused: ? or you could change it the other way around. but hey thats just my 2cents:D
 Pid
04-20-2002, 4:21 PM
Also you'll need to do this if you are ever going to recreate Jedi Knight I. Because Boc fights with 2 lightsabers. Purple ones might I add :)

:syoda:
 Tigris
04-20-2002, 5:13 PM
You could use each mouse-button for one saber (perhaps even link it with the idea of controling the saber(s) by mouse and not by key-movement (as it is now))...
 Bugm@n
04-20-2002, 7:52 PM
This also opens up the opportunity of adding new saber styles, such as a fast and a strong style with a saber in each hand. The fast style would alternate hands when attacking so the enemy is under constant attack, complete with spins and slashes. The strong style would be swings with both hands at once, one saber coming from either side to slice them in half, or a thrust from both hands in a nearly unblockable attack. This method of attack also opens up the possibility of a single hand style, allowing you to use force powers while swinging your saber, but having a weak attack and defence to balance it. It would also be cool to have a two sided saber versus a saber in each hand, or a two sided saber versus a two sided saber. A two sided saber would be both strong on defence and attack, but would make it difficult to use force powers while it is in use. It could block behind the back, ala Darth Maul and attack with both ends while rotating, as when Maul killd Qui-Gon. It would also be cool to integrate some punches and kicks into the saber fighting styles as well. Well, thats my two cents.
 Almight Kerjo
04-21-2002, 1:05 AM
Actually, a friend and I have been talking about doing this mod once the tools come out. He knows his way around 3d Studio Max fairly well, and after playing countless hours of Bushido Blade (1 and 2) and fighting with weapons myself, I think we could eventually pull this off. Of course, the kicker is doing it better than everyone else out there. We shall see....
 Tigris
04-21-2002, 11:29 AM
Hate to spam it everywhere, but once the SDK comes out: Could you guys get in touch with the RPG-Mod-Team? Would love to see that integrated too :)
 Anakin
04-21-2002, 5:00 PM
We are currently working on this at AOTCTC www.28alpha.org.uk/aotctc/) we need to use SoftImage to create the new animations for it all so once we have worked it out we shall pass the info onto you guys.
 sights0d
04-21-2002, 8:55 PM
I read somewhere that they were coming out with a mod-pack like MOTS. They are supposed to really be changing the game and adding cool functions like having cooperative. Someone might want to send that group a message and request this mod for it. Of course, I think that until that happens, you all should work on it. Good luck.
 Shifty
04-22-2002, 12:50 AM
Speaking of the SDK...
Any news on it's release date?
 Jarrodo Malachi
04-22-2002, 1:19 AM
I had said something like this in an earlyer post let me see...

I had an idea for Melee combat, inspired by all those sweet Kung fu movies and martial arts movies (such as blade1 and two)

insted of having punchs and kicks linked solely to a saber style wh not just add two more fire buttons to incorperate them seperately.

First fire :same
Second fire :same
Third fire: punches
Fourth fire: kicks

And they them selfs would have moves like the saber.

4 fire + forward = front kick/forward round house/ Power forward kick(soming like that depending on the light/ meduim/ heavy stance)

3 fire + Forward = forward jab/right or left hook/ haymaker(depending on what stance your in)

kicks and punchs would have combos within their selfs (kick, punch, kick) and combos into saber attacks (swing left, kick right, jump, overhead hammer kick).

acrobatics like the ones the reborns use and more. none replacing the stuff we have now.

note: one gripe i have about the rolls and stuff we have now is that when i'm fighting reborn on the ladder i some times need to face the opponent behind me but the damn turning speed for the keyboard is so disabling that i get back stabbed before i have the chance to react. which in turn keeps me hopping around the room like a bunny rabbit cuz it takes to long to turn around.

and if i try and us the mouse i loose quick access to most of my moves seeing that i have to use the mouse to aim and the keypad to move. and my other features are on the keyboard out of my reach.

what i mean to say is that we need a full turn forward roll like that move Lara Croft off of the tomb radier games has.
 Jarrodo Malachi
04-22-2002, 2:52 AM
SUPER BUMP!!!!!!!:D
 sights0d
04-26-2002, 5:14 PM
You know... if you go into single player and type in the extra cheat moves, there are extra force power levels and stances available. Perhaps these could be added?
Page: 1 of 1