Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

movie theme maps - better duel arenas

Page: 1 of 1
 Jedi Child
03-31-2002, 2:23 PM
hi. I'm not a modeller or a mapper, but i'd like to suggest a few more maps for the duel style of play. I know the game has only just been released, but i think a better variety of Duel maps would grealty enhance the duel combat feel truer to the movies..

For instance, we do have a deathstar map for FFA, but it's way too big for a duel. Now, a famous duel from the movies was in return of the Jedi, Where Darth fights Luke in the Emperor's throne room. This room is featured on the deathstar map.
It would be nice if a map could come out to cut away the rest of the deathstar and leave that room only, and add a few more gangways and stairs, and overhead walkways.

I think the best duel maps are the circular arenas which feature high ceilings. I think the carnonite chamber fails because the ceiling are too low. It would be nice if the ceilings were altered and raised, and alos, what about interactivity.. for instance if a player falls into the pit, (i noticed a contol console model on that map), and the oppsoing player could activate the chamber and bring down the carbonite to end the duel. that would be very cool indeed.

Other good map to have would be an improved shaft system map of bespin, whereby you can reinact that duel in Empire where Luke gets his hand cut.
Or the swamps of Degobah, or perhaps even a mos eisly cantina arena or tantooine battle ground of some kind..

those are just some suggestions..

cheers. hopefully, someone can make it happen.
 VampireLord
04-01-2002, 7:06 AM
Hi there, I was thinking of creating a Millenium Falcon map in the next few weeks.
Anybody who wants to support me is allowed to contact me :P

What I would need is a good texture artist.

:D

Cause I suck at 2d art
 sights0d
04-04-2002, 10:39 PM
1. I was thinking that a duel arena from Bespin would be cool... I mean the one where Luke loses his hand.
2. The cool thing about the carbon room is that there are all those pipes on which to hide. If you turn off your saber, they sometimes walk right under you. It could be possible improved by raising the roof a yard or two. Also, I would make that control station "push" force power sensative, so that the slab comes down. Of course, I'm no mapper, so I don't really have a right to talk.
3. The Test Pit would be cooler if you could reach that beam across the ceiling. I don't know if I just haven't tried hard enough yet.
4. I just wanted to say thanks to all you skinners and modelers and mappers that add so much more to my $35 investment.
 sights0d
04-04-2002, 10:40 PM
Actually, if you section off the bar at the beginning of Nar Shadaa, it would be an awesome duel pit.
 Landflyer
04-06-2002, 6:31 AM
What about making a map based on the Arena battle in Episode 2? It would make a great multiplayer map....but there's no Battledroid skins for JK2
Page: 1 of 1