Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Animations + Sabers

Page: 1 of 1
 Shifty
03-31-2002, 3:04 AM
I was wondering, would it be possible to create new animations with the SDK (Any word what the release date on it is?)? Like new moves/combos for example.
Also, what about adding different types of sabers? Like double-sided (Darth Maul) ones and maybe even two sabers at once (I think a boss in JK1 had something similar to this).

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but the search feature doesn't seem to be working for me :\
 UniKorn
03-31-2002, 6:43 AM
You'll probably need a combination between the gdk and the sdk to accomplish this.

SDK to define the new animations, and the gdk to apply the animations on your character.

Regards,

UniKorn,
Mapper 4 WiredLampStudios
http://www.wiredlampstudios.com)
 Rogue428
03-31-2002, 7:42 PM
I'm just getting my feet wet here. But this is simply too cool to pass up.

Is there a way to pull the existing animations in the Max's Character Studio in order to modify them. Or would these only be done through the SDK.

I haven't used the SDK and I'm such a noob at this I don't even know what the GDK is.

I'm familiar with Max and just getting feet wet with Character Studio. I know in the past I was able to pull down some anims from Quake3 but I think that's because they made them available.

Thanks.
 Kaden Dark
04-01-2002, 12:28 AM
you would need the original .bip file for the characters other wise you would need to reanimate the whole model
 UniKorn
04-01-2002, 8:08 AM
I think the animations are stored in the model file, and can be converted to 3DsMax (not sure though, not a modeller)
 Jaxy
04-01-2002, 11:46 PM
Theres a cheat for it. I haven't figured it out for sp yet but in mp you:

devmap (Mapname)
(Make sure your saber is *OFF*) then in the console type /thedestroyer

That should do it :)
 Shifty
04-02-2002, 1:15 AM
I know about the cheat, but it looks really weird when swinging (some swings make it look like I'm stabbing myself). That's why I was wondering if we could make animations to fit the saber.
Look at the way Darth Maul uses his saber in Ep.1 and compare it to the way Obi Wan or Qui-Gon (sp?) use theirs. Obviously they're totaly different :)
Page: 1 of 1