Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Double Bladed Saber a reality?

Page: 3 of 3
 Sentor
03-30-2002, 9:06 PM
how do you turn on cheats =\

I just want to see the saber, nothing else, i normally hate cheaters, but i want to mess around with this =]
 jedialphaknight
03-30-2002, 9:32 PM
well yeah from wut I played it IS a cheat...you have a definate advantage over everyone else, it isn't well balanced so hence..yeah you know, maybe the expansion will have a more refined one.
 Toshiya[RAVEN]
03-30-2002, 9:52 PM
Ah, well.. looks like it's public now anyway. Enjoy ^_^

Really though, I should stress that this was just a silly little thing I did on my own. It should not really be considered "part of the game" and there is of course no actual support for it. It's just a gimmick and nothing more.

Also, spite, you are beginning to frighten me.
 B0MBER II
03-30-2002, 10:28 PM
I get stuck while using it sometimes...
 Corven
03-30-2002, 10:34 PM
Light Staffs Do Exist !

http://www.q3center.com/doubleblade.jpg)
 Jafo
03-30-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Toshiya[RAVEN]
Ah, well.. looks like it's public now anyway. Enjoy ^_^

Really though, I should stress that this was just a silly little thing I did on my own. It should not really be considered "part of the game" and there is of course no actual support for it. It's just a gimmick and nothing more.

I just played on a private server so cheats were okay and all of us sat there scratching our heads to why this wasn't left in and could have been a force option. The thing makes like twice as many hits then the regular saber and the only bug I found was once in awhile you loose keyboard fuctionality. But that may just be me ramming on my keys:) Double rules it even enhances the game play and honestly makes dueling even more intence. Guessing the higher ups who never truely know the right thing said no huh? Well I just want to say thank you for leaving it in... maybe it will come in hand for mod development.
 Jazz
03-31-2002, 9:58 AM
Thanks alot Spite the cheats works, with me it works if i type in /THEDESTROYER when i do \THEDESTROYER it gives me some error message. I got my Darth Maul skin and i got a double bladed saber thanks to Spite :)

Also could someone tell me how to get the fps counter at the top of my screen and how to bind screenshots to a key Thanks.
 Owen
03-31-2002, 10:10 AM
Maybe Raven will finish off the animations and add this to the first patch. I noticed you can only swing the double saber if you are moving. Stationary swinging was a no go.
 murder1
03-31-2002, 10:22 AM
not too shabby, but I prefer a single blade saber :amidala: :)
 Ah Boon
03-31-2002, 10:55 AM
can wait to try it out!!!
 ThoMMo
03-31-2002, 10:58 AM
Having played against a Dual Blade using only a single blade i must say i am glad that this is not intented as part of the game. The Dual Blade is much easier to kill with than using single blade, to fight against it with a single is almost impossible. If it did become standard then everyone would be using dual blades, which i don't think would be good. So i'm sticking with my Single Blades.
 Jazz
03-31-2002, 11:15 AM
I haven't fought anyone with double saber yet but ill probably be playing with my mates tonight so hopefully they don't know about this and ill whip their behinds lol
 murder1
03-31-2002, 11:19 AM
oops wrong thread :o
 Zooty
03-31-2002, 11:23 AM
Double ended sabers are far to hard ... even in light stance i managed to kill somone who was holding a single saber in about 2 seconds ... just run upto them and slap the atatck button as fast as u can :)

http://www.zooticus.com/images/gallery/shot0015.jpg)

http://www.zooticus.com/images/gallery/shot0008.jpg)

also does anyone know the command to turn demo's on ? i tried to demo the dbl saber but it said something like "sv_clienttrace is not set to 1 demos cannot be recorded on this server" ... it was on my own server and i couldnt find the command for turning it on any help would be appreciated :)
 Ah Boon
03-31-2002, 11:45 AM
WHOA, the cometh of teh double saber Darth Maul!!! Mwahaha!!
 KrunCh
03-31-2002, 1:06 PM
I can see an easy to make mod develop out of this. "kill the saber staff" or "Kill the Maul" A duel map is used where two people with normal lightsabers go up against one person with a lightstaff, complete with the duel of fates music from epidsode one playing in the background.

Whoever kills the person with the lightstaff is allowed to use the staff himself in the next round and two different lightsaber users go up against the new beholder of the lightstaff. ;)

Don't take this idea seriously though, I'm just babbeling
 milestone
03-31-2002, 2:06 PM
and with that "g_saberRealisticCombat" code on, you can chop in half all you want...ugh, yeh I know there's no dismemberment in MP. bah
 r_e_c_o_i_l
03-31-2002, 7:06 PM
wait so how do you enable cheats in multiplayer
 Jazz
03-31-2002, 7:52 PM
Originally posted by r_e_c_o_i_l
wait so how do you enable cheats in multiplayer

if you go into a public server than you can't enable it (i think) but if you make your own server than open the console and type in devmap mapname for example devmap ffa_deathstar then the map should load up and it will say Cheats enabled. Then holster your lightsaber (basically get your ligitsaber out then press the key on your keyboard assigned to getting the lighsaber out, this should keep you lightsaber out but the blade will go away. Then go into the console and type in /THEDESTROYER or \THEDESTROYER (one of them will work) and you will have a duel lightsaber
 Lord Odisse
03-31-2002, 9:00 PM
I noticed that when you die you lose the Double-Bladed Lightsaber, when I tried to type \THEDESTROYER back in again nothing happened, now if only someone could figure out how to add it as an alternative or another type of Lightsaber.
 Darksider
03-31-2002, 9:03 PM
it has to be /THEDESTROYER , NOT \

it does work , do it again after you die , remember you have to sheath the sabre first
 Alfyboy
03-31-2002, 9:11 PM
On mine it HAS to be \ and not /. Don't know why. Thats just the way it is.
 Ah Boon
03-31-2002, 10:20 PM
for me, its alwats \thedestroyer or \THEDESTROYER
 Lord Odisse
04-01-2002, 12:19 AM
I've actually noticed that it changes between the two on different maps for some reason.
 ]SD[MasterYoda
04-01-2002, 1:36 AM
Alright, this isn't working for me

name exactly STEP BY STEP, what i have to do on ffa_deathstar while running in devmap what to do

do i have to kill myself, do i have to have a certain saber stance before holstering . . . am i just a moron, is there something i have to download

the command is saying its an unknown command both all caps and lowercase with / and \
 ]SD[MasterYoda
04-01-2002, 1:40 AM
nm, i got it
 ]SD[MasterYoda
04-01-2002, 1:43 AM
you really should say unignite not holster . . . or maybe im the only one that thinks that
 drluv
04-02-2002, 6:39 AM
"Having played against a Dual Blade using only a single blade i must say i am glad that this is not intented as part of the game. The Dual Blade is much easier to kill with than using single blade, to fight against it with a single is almost impossible. If it did become standard then everyone would be using dual blades, which i don't think would be good. So i'm sticking with my Single Blades."

When the doublesaber will be part of a game, you'll be able to block it better with only one saber...

And it has to be slowed down a bit...

It IS just a gimmick, but I think some mod teams, are on it... :)
 Anakin
04-02-2002, 6:51 AM
It IS just a gimmick, but I think some mod teams, are on it...

yes yes we are....

:)
 Berlapin Ghim
05-05-2002, 9:50 PM
Hey guys, new to the forum, I cant get my console to come down. Anybody have any idea's why that may be true, something I overlooked or something I didnt do when I installed it? *ducks the possible flames for being a noob*:jawa
 greves
05-05-2002, 9:59 PM
shift + ~ should do it.
 Berlapin Ghim
05-05-2002, 10:03 PM
thanks man

BTW just so I dont sound like an ingrate, WE WUV YOU SPITE! :D

*goes to kill some bots, and invite a few buds to play on a LAN server* Im gonna get some screen shots of classical two normal sabers vs. Double lightsaber, just for kicks :D
Page: 3 of 3