Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

strats and techniques (for DMers)

Page: 1 of 1
 Jordus
11-19-2001, 9:16 PM
im a long time AOE and AOK player....and now GB.....ive always been somewhat good at DM and easily pick up on new concepts....however i lack the reasoning to become faster and more productive,.......can anyone who was an ELITE AOK player write up a good strategy guide for improving DM techniques off an already Inter talent?.....this would be much abliged of many of us....
 Tie Guy
11-19-2001, 9:43 PM
Yes, someone please do. I normally play Random Map, but since i'm a long-time RA2 player, i think i want to play more DM, since it is faster paced.

Thanks
 Zygomaticus
11-19-2001, 10:15 PM
ive read some hints and strats b4
and the most common one i read was immediately start pumping out knights and other units of mass destruction and at the same time get 5-10 villies on each type of resource
and with the stone u build a full wall around yourself
and mass attack the enemy instead of sending units in small groups and build lots of towers

i see ive used aoe terms in this :eek:
 Jordus
11-19-2001, 11:14 PM
my strat is starting out with building power cores....then milit buidlings.....then defensive (fortress AA towers laser towers) then by this time massing my attack of things to destruct army....this is about 6 mins into game im ready to attack........do you consider this fast enough?
 Zygomaticus
11-19-2001, 11:37 PM
yeah stabilize the economy
build your defenses
and build a massive army

a question
do jedi get created faster if a power core is close to a jedi temple
 Lord JayVizIon
11-20-2001, 12:13 AM
jordus,
check out the war room strategy, you'll get a lot of help there.

however, this in itself is a war room strategy thread, so...

HASTA LA VISTA, BABY...
 WC_heavyarms
11-20-2001, 6:30 AM
Ok, couplce things I know:

1. It may be a good idea to do carbon at the start, but also do lots of Nova, you will lose nova quick, with assault mechs,which you need.
2.Trade with your partners.
3.An army of all something is easy to combat, ie all planes.
4. An army of a mix of soldiers is very hard to deal with. I use a mix more in this game, cuz you need it, moslty mech mixes though. Always carry some form of anti-air with you.

EX: I played against Tirion and another Nexsis vs me and my ally. He made all planes, he was easily dominated, while I held off the other guy for about 40 minutes. Then, wile rtying to save him, he killed me cuz I didn't have troops up there.
5. ANTI AIR IS NEEDED FOR A GOOD ARMY!
6. Always carry some cannons or pummels. They come in handy.

Any other suggestions, please state them.

EDIT: Krkode, yes they do, only the cc doesn't get sped up.

ANd how long does a RM take, because a DM can take one hour to two hours.
 Jordus
11-20-2001, 7:43 AM
first..........DMs (if your any good) take 25-85 mins...........

Second......you forum mods need to quit being gay as hell......this is BS......you dont need a seperate forum for every stupid subject that can be covered, it spreads it out too much and requires to much browsing.......i come to this ONE forum (GB main discussion) and ask ALL my questions and state ALL my statements here, why? because its convenient.........so when the company replaces customer convenience for ******* stupidity......then your already out of business......actually this is non-profit......and none of us have to stay here.......id be careful cause anyone with a bain could install a ****ty ipop board themselves on their own servers and still your posters......so quit being nerds already.

As for DM discussion......yeah i use mostly TF Mech Destroyers with a few
Assault Mechs and quite a few DD's........just a couple AA mobiles and TONS of pummells......i like to build some heavy towers and AA towers on the enemies base lines to support my men...........i never use cannons much as my fortresses are making DD's.......unless of course the situation calls for massive seige effort......

(BTW mods, do your worst in banning me........cause the only thing that accomplishes is losing even more respect and posters on this site, your diggin your own graves)
 dlayers
11-20-2001, 9:55 AM
While I might disagree with the tone of my fellow Tennessean's last message, I do agree that maybe the GB forums could use a little consolidation.

In my opinion:
Editor's Stronghold & Scenario Design should be consolidated into 1 forum for editing.

War Room Strategy & Gameplay Hints should be consolidated into Galactic Discussion.

Reason(s)?
1) The forums are so fragmented that you have duplicate posts showing up several times.

2) Isn't the point of the Galactic discussion forum to discuss the game? If that's the point, then hints and strategy belong there.

3) Not enough readers/posters to fill those extra forums.

Just my .02 credits ;)
Page: 1 of 1