Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Trade/Fed & house's

Page: 1 of 1
 Gungan_Reble
11-19-2001, 1:45 PM
The Trade/Fed like the Hun's in AoKTC don't need
Housing how mutch of an advantage do you think
this give's them if any, in AOKTC I think it gave the huns
an advantage early to mid game, is it the same for
the Trade/Fed in SWGB ???:)
 safire
11-20-2001, 9:04 PM
in normal games, the need to not build any prefab shelters does help in the short and long run. But do realize that you start with less carbon and you collect carbon slower than everyone else. So, the best is to have more workers collecting carbon than you would with another race. You can justify this since you don't need to have the 50 carbon to build each shelter. Also have a few more workers farming to offset the extra food cost for the additional workers.
 Gungan_Reble
11-21-2001, 1:23 PM
safire
Thank's for your reply I was begining to think no
one had playd the trade/fed's lol :D
 redfirebird97
11-21-2001, 2:08 PM
I just played the with the trade feds last night and i think they will be my civ forever. no prefabs means more workers which means more resources which means more tech levels & troops. i put a pretty good raid on the computer with just 10 troops after about 10 mins of playing and destroyed about 1/2 their civ. i like them alot.

later
 Gungan_Reble
11-21-2001, 6:53 PM
Originally posted by redfirebird97
I just played the with the trade feds last night and i think they will be my civ forever. no prefabs means more workers which means more resources which means more tech levels & troops. i put a pretty good raid on the computer with just 10 troops after about 10 mins of playing and destroyed about 1/2 their civ. i like them alot.

later

Hey red, that's good to hear man glad you are enjoying
the game ;)
 chrisw_30
11-23-2001, 10:13 AM
Not having to build houses is a big advantage as if you are a rusher (which i am not) you dont have to spend time wasting carbon on shelters..meaning you can churn out the troops rapidly
 Paragon_Leon
11-23-2001, 10:22 AM
TF are comparable to Huns in AOK.. They have less wood (carbon) to start with, sort of as a compensation for the head start.

Some people use houses as a wall.. not having them can be a big disadvantage that way.

I'll see if TF are as good a rush-civ as they are claimed to be.. will be playing them this weekend.
 darthfergie
11-23-2001, 1:55 PM
Well, House walls arn't that big a factor anymore because of the Air units...with the drop and smack tactic, walls don't matter much at all...

TF are just a bit...weakish for me...their Unique Unit just isn't all that good until you get to Tech 4 and you can research Hvy. Droidekas...until then they just seem like expensive repeater troopers or strike Mechs...
 ReaperFett
11-23-2001, 2:05 PM
walls do matter. A secondary perimeter around a few buildings will safen them. AA guns can cause problems with the drop tactic
 Gungan_Reble
11-25-2001, 9:53 AM
Thank's for all the reply's guy's now I have the game
ive tried the T/F's & you are right fergie,they are a lot
like playing Hun's in AOK ;)
 Oversight99
12-04-2001, 12:01 PM
From what I have seen, the TF has a HUGE advantage in deathmatch mode... especially when "Post TL 4" is selected.

In normal games, I've found that the TF is mostly well balanced.

Oversight99
 Supreme Warlord
12-04-2001, 5:20 PM
Trade Federation is one of the best Civ i ahve seen so far. Their Destroyer Droids totally kicks butt. Nobody can stand up to it. Cant believe they dissed my favorite civs...;)
 captain_drake
12-05-2001, 1:51 PM
they are one of the best in the game and the no houses have an advantage

you don't have to waste carbon on bulding them:holosid:
 Gungan_Reble
12-07-2001, 11:30 AM
Thank's again for the reply's guy's ime ddoing a course
down in manchester at the moment so I am only getting
home for the weekends and canot post that regular at the moment :(
 zzzzz
12-16-2001, 10:32 PM
you guys are so gullible what do you mean its an advantage for the trade federation dont you think that hurts not to be able to collect carbon slower then any other civ it is hard to get an army going
:
 Chessack
12-17-2001, 1:47 PM
The game is really well balanced. As such, for each advantage there is a corresponding disadvantage. The Trade Federation needs not build any houses. This helps, especially if you are a beginner, you don't keep getting the 'you need more houses' error message -- heheh, even us veterans screw up and see that sometimes :). However, you also collect carbon more slowly. This counter-acts the advantage. Similarly, the Trade Federation has good unique units and good mechs, but they are weak on Sith/Jedi power, and very, very weak on air power. Hence, as someone who *loves* to use air power and Jedi/Sith power, the Trade Federation is rather far down my list of preferred civilizations. But that's all a matter of taste.

In any event, no prefabs helps in some ways and the disadvantage hurts in others. In all, it's balanced quite well, and you can win (or lose) with any of the 6 civilizations.
 Natopo
12-31-2001, 4:10 AM
Well the TF are my favorite Civ. I don't care about mining disadvantages. If you have on ethen just build a bunch of workers. that's what I say. Note: there is no way to make me stop playing as TF.
Page: 1 of 1