Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Editing Bots?

Page: 1 of 1
 zimmer78
03-29-2002, 12:11 PM
Anyone know how to edit bots? I've read they each have special skills and what not. It would eb cool to customize them.
 UniKorn
03-29-2002, 4:53 PM
You can modify the ai files once the sdk is released.
 DeTRiTiC-iQ
03-30-2002, 1:49 PM
I've had a look through the resources, the bot stuff seems pretty simple to modify, there is one file with a list of all the bots, what model they use, what personality etc. Then there is a personality file for each bot which has their chat lines, responses to different situations etc. This is all in ascii format so is very easy to edit.
 aVENGER
03-31-2002, 7:51 PM
Would it be possible to use the sp ai for certain characters, such as the reborn, desann, etc, for the corresponding bots in mp? I found that playing against the sp ai was more enjoyable than the regular bots.
 zimmer78
04-01-2002, 12:23 PM
I admit, I'm a relative retard when it comes to computer program editting.... so some of these helpful hints in english would be appreciated :-)
 UniKorn
04-01-2002, 5:32 PM
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ
I've had a look through the resources, the bot stuff seems pretty simple to modify, there is one file with a list of all the bots, what model they use, what personality etc. Then there is a personality file for each bot which has their chat lines, responses to different situations etc. This is all in ascii format so is very easy to edit.

That stuff is easy, but the behavior of the bots : force powers they use etcetera can only be changed by changing the real code of the game. And that can only be done when the sdk is released :)
 zimmer78
04-01-2002, 9:06 PM
What is sdk :confused:
 UniKorn
04-02-2002, 3:01 AM
SDK : Software Development Kit : The Source code for multiplayer.
 Desslock
04-02-2002, 10:00 AM
You can edit a bot's personality (force power usage and such) to where, for example, Luke is a Sith Lord like Desann, but other than that, not until the SDK is released.
 Prophet
04-02-2002, 12:16 PM
In order to add a bot, DO NOT MODIFY BOTS.TXT. I've seen a couple of bots which do this, and while it works, it creates incompatable bots, which leads to all sorts of questions asking why a bot won't show up. For example, if you were creating a vader bot, create a text file and rename it vader.bot. Place this text file in the scripts directory of you base directory, NOT botfiles (and so also in the scripts directory in the pk3). This text file should contain something similar:

{
name "Vader"
model vader
color1 0
personality /botfiles/Vader.jkb
}

name is the in-game name of the bot. model is the name of the direcory of the bot model. color1 is lightsaber color. 0 is red, 4 is blue, 3 is green, 5 is purple, and orange and yellow are 1 and 2, tho i cant remmeber which. personality is the bot personality file you created for this bot. You can include the details of more than one bot in a .bot script, but i find it easier to work this way. Hope this helps people and reduces incompatable bots :)
 aVENGER
04-04-2002, 1:07 AM
So for the bot script, can you just use the sp ai for the reborn or other jedi? Or is there a difference? The sp bot ai would be cool to have for Duel. However, can the sp bots deal with multiple enemies? In the game they only deal with you . . .

Also, if it was possible to use the sp ai in mp, why wouldn't Raven just done that to begin with?
 patchx
04-04-2002, 3:14 AM
i was checking out the ai files for Sp and bots and i think there really different
there seems to be values in each of them that arent in the other for example and "evasion" value in SP that isnt in MP bots

which sux because all i wanna do really is stop the bots from running away so much.

you can alter there force power setup pretty easily though

-patch
Page: 1 of 1