Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Where the new maps at!

Page: 1 of 1
 Ron1jed
03-29-2002, 8:10 AM
where the new maps at! i hear you can convert q3 maps into jedi knight outcast.

You guys think that is possible? I never seen any q3 maps in wolf. that would be some funny ass **** playing q3dm1 with wolf guns and models! hahahha

zee google ze do nothing!
 UniKorn
03-29-2002, 4:59 PM
I thought it would be possible but appearantly the bsp's are not compatible.
 ncesky
03-29-2002, 5:22 PM
there was a prog that used to convert q3 to rtcw bsps, but the various rtcw patches prolly made it incompatible.
 Jafo
03-29-2002, 6:34 PM
Technically any map made and compiled for the Quake III engine uses the same bsp process. The only difference is the "version" number Quake = 46 RTCW = 47 JKII =1. TramDesgin has already written a program that will convert the version info in a bsp and the entities are still all based off of Quake III power ups. Most of the player specs reside in the game themselves such as the saber etc. But its very buggy doesnt make much fun and some of the entities do not mach up so some powerups arent there. While shield boost = q3 armor, The force power up doesnt seem to equal Quad Damage. So there are numerous problems with the maps. Also the shaders are kind of screwed because I think raven rewrote part of the compile process of q3map to use 4 layer sky in sp I think it was only 3 layer before. Also, the images they use for textures use a different scheme for dimensions. While Quake III supported upto 256 x 256 JDKII has dimensions on some textures of 937x937. Making it difficult to map without there revised set of tools. Only thing to do is sit back and wait. I wrote raven and they relpied they were working on them as we speak... that could be vapor talk though.
http://tramdesign.darktech.org/jafo/jafosig.jpg)
 Ron1jed
03-29-2002, 6:45 PM
so they gonna relase it soon or what!

There has to be a editor out there.
 Jafo
03-29-2002, 8:29 PM
There is no working editor released.
Page: 1 of 1