Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Editing JK2

Page: 1 of 1
 WD_Rage
03-29-2002, 4:19 AM
How would I go about editing JK2? Do I wait for it's source to come out, or can I use the Q3:TA source to mod? If i have to use the JK2 source, where can I get it? If I use the Q3:TA source, how do I apply it to JK?
 UniKorn
03-29-2002, 4:40 AM
You'll have to wait.
 GreyWing
03-31-2002, 12:35 PM
"You'll have to wait"

Have to wait? well how is everybody else getting access to the code? I've already seen like ten mods released already.
 Lone Stranger
03-31-2002, 6:54 PM
It's not code they've got access to. They're using Quake3 eding tools and somehow outputting game files for JKII.

I'm in the process of figureing out how to use this stuff. I haven't done any level editing since Duke Nukem 3D.
 UniKorn
03-31-2002, 7:03 PM
Level editing won't work at the moment since Raven modified the q3map.exe quite heavily. Building a simple map in gtkradiant with 1 entity won't even load.
 GreyWing
03-31-2002, 7:11 PM
They're using Quake3 eding tools and somehow outputting game files for JKII.

Uni, can you shed some light on how to do this?
 UniKorn
04-01-2002, 8:15 AM
The Darth Maul skin was probably created by changing the skins and then editing the textfiles that assign the skin to the model. But I didn't have a lot of time to check out everything yet, I am busy playing the game :) Force push and force pull rule the world ;)
 UniKorn
04-01-2002, 8:17 AM
Just found it on the forum (by Tek) :
just open assets0(with winzip), extract the skin you want to change, change it, make a new folder in the c: drive that has the same path as the file path in the pk3 file(I.E. models\players\kyle, its on the very right in the pk3) then take a new pk3(i dont know how to make them so i just copied assets1 and deleted all the contents) put the file in the empty pk3 (and make sure you have save full path info checked when adding the file)
, then just put in in your base folder
Page: 1 of 1