Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Announcement about Qwi Xux

Page: 1 of 1
 The Seeker
03-29-2002, 1:50 AM
To all of us who knew her, this will hit a bit hard, but her brother said that she wanted me to tell you.

A while back, when she asked to be banned from these forums, and was so secretive was for a very legitimate reason. The truth is that she had cancer and was going to the hospital, and therefore had no internet access.

After she left, I spoke with her regularly through email, and she never said that anything was wrong, so I have been just as ignorant as you. The reason for the secrecy was she didn't want anyone to think differently of her because of the disease, and, probably didn't feel inclined to share something that personal with people who she never met (which I don't blame her for)

But, what this comes down to is that she died on March 3rd at the age of 17. I only found out because her brother said that she asked him to tell me, and she sent me a goodbye letter.

So, there you have it, Qwi Xux is gone. For me, this hit really hard because I knew her personally, but she wanted me to tell you, so that's that.

I'll really miss her, and so will these forums. She was really incredible.

That's all.

JK_114
 Pedro The Hutt
03-29-2002, 9:31 AM
Aw.... man... that.... just SUCKS... she could have told us that, I'm sure that no one here would have treated her any differently , bah.. she'll definatly be missed..
 oninosensi
03-29-2002, 2:26 PM
Well...

Goodbye... You'll be missed.
 The Seeker
03-30-2002, 12:04 AM
Aw.... man... that.... just SUCKS... she could have told us that, I'm sure that no one here would have treated her any differently

I doubt if you would have treated her differently, but I bet she didn't want to hear the "Feel better soon" "good luck" "I'm sorry to hear that" etc. She died at age 17, so had probably been dealing with the illness for several years, and just didn't want to feel any differently because of it anymore. We all would have meant well, but the way she did it, she wasn't singled out at all, and could successfull come back for the last few months of her life without anyone being the wiser.

So, as you guys have said, she will be missed.
 Wombat3
04-01-2002, 6:43 PM
man... I never really knew her, but she was really nice. As you said, she will be missed.
 Hannibal
04-03-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Wombat3
man... I never really knew her, but she was really nice. As you said, she will be missed.

Yeah, i didn't know her that well either but she always seemed nice.
 Jedi Calypso
04-03-2002, 2:11 PM
@ --}------ @ --}------

@ --}------ @ --}------

@ --}------ @ --}------

@ --}------ @ --}------

@ --}------ @ --}------

@ --}------ @ --}------

@ --}------ @ --}------

@ --}------ @ --}------

@ --}------ @ --}------

@ --}------ @ --}------