Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

mp help

Page: 1 of 1
 bacon
03-28-2002, 11:25 PM
When I click on get new list or refresh list it just says "Getting for servers..." or something like that. I've been waiting for over an hour.
 [TE]DarthBob
03-29-2002, 1:33 AM
If you don't get an updated list of server within 2 seconds, it ain't comming. Make sure you have Sourse switched to Internet. Then make sure game type is on ALL, and that full servers will display and I can't remember the other options off the top my ed. Hit refresh and still nothing? Then confirm you are not behind a firewall router that may require you to map the game ports. I don't have the port values, but I'm sure I can find it if you need it. The best thing to do before you mess with the router is to simply remove the router from the picture. Hook up your cabel or DLS modem directly to the PC, get your connection to the internet and see of you can see the servers. If you can, then you will need to map the ports.
 Legatto
03-29-2002, 2:35 AM
I Have the same problem, I posted in another topic, but I figure I need all the help I can get =p

I have verizon DSL, a Lynxsys 4 port router.

My machine is more than enough to run the sp game beautifully.

Only problem is, my router dials into the dsl modem(it uses pppoe), the origional crap verizon gave me doesnt work to connect knocking the router out of the picture.

Now, I know a bunch of random stuff bout PCs.

I dont know however how to open set udp ports, as suggested in the word help file that came with the game.

On my router, would that be filtering, or forwarding?

Also, the following options are listed

Block WAN Request:
IPSec Pass Through
PPTP Pass Through
Remote Management
Remote Upgrade

All are set to disable.

I can play counterstrike, jedi knight 1, dark age of camelot, and others with NO problems.

I figure Im better off giveing too much information than too little.

I do not know how to map ports, so thats out for me as well.

I hope someone can help.
Page: 1 of 1