Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Turret push

Page: 1 of 1
 Gungan_Reble
11-18-2001, 6:29 AM
I dont get the game till next week but I was wondering
can you do a turret push in the game like the tower push
in AOKTC. ;)
 DarthTenor
11-18-2001, 3:31 PM
Yes you can. But I think they should change the way you build towers. They should be built like force field generators. Where it won't work till the power core is built around it.
 DarkTrooper
11-18-2001, 4:17 PM
why is that tenor. that means for every tower u make u would need 200 carbon for a power core
 Paragon_Leon
11-19-2001, 6:27 AM
...but i see where it's coming from.
You see, every time a worker gets attacked, he drops whatever he's doing and walks away. So even having a tower near workers may not eliminate them, but it will practically disable your economy a great deal. And they take LONG to take down early on in the game.
 WC_heavyarms
11-19-2001, 6:37 AM
No, it is very hard for that! Now, you gotta get through blaster cannons, a couple shots on a light one alone kills it! So just blast em dead.
 DarthTenor
11-19-2001, 11:58 AM
why is that tenor. that means for every tower u make u would need 200 carbon for a power core

I just think that it would make the Tower push not as easily done like it is now.
Don't you think it's just too easy to manage that. Espescially in tech 2? Where even if a defensive player uses mounted units to take out the towers, they get slaughtered by a good group of troopers.

I just thouhg tit would be an interesting suggestion.
 Gungan_Reble
11-19-2001, 1:08 PM
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon
...but i see where it's coming from.
You see, every time a worker gets attacked, he drops whatever he's doing and walks away. So even having a tower near workers may not eliminate them, but it will practically disable your economy a great deal. And they take LONG to take down early on in the game.

Great guy's thanks for the reply's Paragon that's what I was
thinking about disableing the opponent's economy with them
Thank's again everyone;)
Page: 1 of 1