Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

crosshair in 1st & 3rd person

Page: 1 of 1
 lyxzen
03-28-2002, 1:50 PM
just wondering, i find the default 'dynamic xhair' (cg_dynamiccrosshair "1) rather annoying/offputting & want to have it off when in 1st person, however if the command is set to off/"0", when you're in third person you have no crosshair at all, which makes things a little ridiculous for combat/force use..

is there anyway to have the best of both worlds? dynamic xhair is kinda nice in 3rd person, but annoying in 1st.. itd be nice to be able to have it off in first & at least some type of crosshair when in 3rd dynamic or not, is this possible without some ridiculously elaborate config...
 camp3r
03-28-2002, 3:19 PM
you should be able to write an alias to change the crosshair when you press to change from first to third person. when you switch weapons. just check around on how to do an alias binding from a q3 site. i can't think of any reason why you wouldn't be able to do so.
 safire
03-28-2002, 3:49 PM
Long time reader of this forum but rarely post.
Can you explain the dynamic crosshair? Is it a crosshair that moves on the screen while in 3rd person view or is it your typical x or + in the middle of the screen somewhere?
 deadpool99
03-29-2002, 4:09 AM
Does anyone have a script which can do this i would really love it THANKS!
 StormHammer
03-29-2002, 9:07 AM
Hmm...I have to admit I'm not that fond of the way the crosshair moves around when you're trying to aim...I would have preferred a static one. ;)

Anyway, I'm moving this thread to Tech Help so the tech-heads can beat their brows over it. ;)
 lyxzen
03-29-2002, 1:26 PM
i could write the config myself but a) i really cant be assed & shouldnt have to.. the game should just not be so gay in regards to the xhair... and b) i dont have a set weapon cfg as yet, quite frankly theres way too much **** to bind with weps/force and i havent settled on anything yet...
Page: 1 of 1