Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Artus detention

Page: 1 of 1
 wpascoe
03-28-2002, 12:09 PM
Hi all,

I'm having problems with the artus denention level. I have entered the prison area, fought my way to the top of the building, and activated the button that freed all of the prisoners.

I then met one of the prisoners in a big hanger. He told me that we need to capture the base commander. I went back to the room with the prison controls and flicked another switch. There is one glass 'display' that I cannot shoot in this room with a picture of a fan on it. Once I hit the switch, the fan starts turning.

I've then checked all of the doors that I can get through from the hangar, but I can't find any way of getting through some of them.

So where / how do I find the commander ?

Thanks,
 Willmore
03-28-2002, 12:11 PM
i think you should follow the prisoners, and help them fight back the enemies, after that, a don't quiet remember, but there is an exit.
 wpascoe
03-28-2002, 12:17 PM
I helped them fight off the remaining stormtroopers, but then I was just told to get the commander. All of the doors seem to be locked.
 antaren
03-28-2002, 12:18 PM
my memory is a little fuzzy too, but i do remember that the fan was very important in order to get to the bace commander.

after the big battle in the tie fighter hanger, i somehow found my way to the top of the large cylindrical shaft, and it had a fan at the bottom of it. i think i got to it by using one of the two lifts in that hanger room. if the fan is on, you can gently float down to the bottom, where some more baddies are guarding that commander.

a note, when you do find the commander, you get him to move by pointing your gun at his back. this took me a little too long to figure out, just making sure you dont loose hair.
 wpascoe
03-28-2002, 1:20 PM
Thanks, that worked great.
 fatalfuj
03-28-2002, 2:28 PM
How exactly do you turn on the fan? I see it way down the long shaft but I've got no idea how to turn it on.

Thanks in advance.
 placenta
04-03-2002, 2:42 AM
i cant figure out how to turn on the fan either!
 OCD
04-03-2002, 3:12 AM
I couldn't find that damn switch either and was too impatient to keep looking so I jumped down the shaft dropping down on the small ledges on the side. Don't do it unless you have some bacta though, it takes about 120 health to get down there :p
 Jahs
04-03-2002, 7:05 AM
there is a switch in the room next to the shaftopening.
 augiebendoggie
04-04-2002, 6:24 PM
I have gone down the tube with the fan on. I went threw the mine maze and came back up into the detention center. I killed all the troopers. and in one of the rooms (where 2 s.troopers were) there is a thin window where I can see through to the glass window where the base commander was standing. but all the doors are looked and I can't get back up the tube. what am I missing?

thanx
Augie
 Xezol
04-04-2002, 8:00 PM
I have the whole mission texted and completely laid out with screenshots at:
www.xezol.com)

It'll show exactly what you need to do.

Xezol
Page: 1 of 1