Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

LOADING TIMES: if you have slow loads, read this

Page: 2 of 3
 T-Minus10
04-09-2002, 9:55 AM
the point of a tech help forum is to provide tech help.

Where's the official raven support?

HUGE LOADING TIMES
Win XP Prof

1.4GHZ Athlon
1024 PC2100
ATi Radeon 8500

please!
 RS Antilles
04-09-2002, 8:13 PM
I too have a GeForce 4 Ti 4600 with 512 DDR ram and it still takes about 20 secs to load, but considering in the old days of Speccies and cassette decks I had to wait about 20 minutes for a game to load ( and half the times it failed) so todays waiting times are nothing, oh how fickle we humans can be! :p
 murkish
04-09-2002, 11:32 PM
I am suffering load time problems also. It started when I entered Cairn-Assembly. I took a look at the size of my save games files. Prior to Cairn_Assembly they were around 1 MB, after they are around 10 MB.

I don't think this is a hardware problem.
 murkish
04-10-2002, 3:51 AM
As I said earlier my save files were bloated(around 10 MB). I took the advice of someone's prior post and made a few changes to my graphics and then changed them back. This did not fix it immediately, but when it saved at the next checkpoint, I was back to 7 second loads. Also, the save file was back to about 1MB.
 Llyarra
04-10-2002, 5:26 PM
This can't be the case here.

My Specs:

Athlon 900 mhz
512 RAM
7200 RPM HD
ATI Radeon DDR 64 meg

I run the game at 1024x768 with Very High Textures.

The game runs fine, the only slowdown I noticed at all (during gameplay) was in the swamps. Loading times for reloads and deaths is only seconds...no biggie.

Loading times for new levels is a minute or two maybe.

Loading times for my first saved game when I turn the game on is greater than 10 minutes or more!!!

Here is the strange thing:
When I am loading the first game if I let it get to 1/4 (which it does pretty quickly and stops) I hit escape and load the game again, then it will quickly go to half, hit escape again and load again and then it goes to 3/4 and repeat once more and it finishes loading in a matter of a minute or two...

so it's not RAM, it's something with the game.

Also, I am running XP Pro.
 Chiles4
04-10-2002, 5:32 PM
Don't always blame the games for having bad loading times. Look at your machine. For alot of people I'm sure this is very true.

JK2 runs best with at least 256MB of RAM and a 64MB video card. I don't think people are catching on that newer games are leaving their older machines behind. Don't bother looking at the game's minimum requirements - it's just a marketing ploy to sell more games.

If you already have at least 256MB of RAM, for your next upgrade, think about a state-of-the-art, top-performing 7200rpm hard drive. Think about IBM or do some research into the top-performing ones. My IBM 60GXP doubled my disk throughput and made a huge speed difference in my box - much more so than cpu upgrades.

With just a 1.2G Tbird, 512MB DDR, an IBM 60GXP HDD and a Kyro 2, at HIGH detail my box eats JK2 up! I'm playing at 12x10x32 with very good frame rates.

And BTW, you can have too much memory if you're running Win98, like I am. Stick to 512MB with Win98 unless you know the tweaks.

By chance, has anyone with poor performance or load times tried using a large fixed swap file? You might want to give it a shot.
 greves
04-10-2002, 9:00 PM
1.4 PIV running 256 ram (soon to be 512, damn rdram wiped me out another 80 bux :( ) with 64 mb geforce 2 and medium load times on very high detail all over, maybe 10 seconds or less, reloads almost instant.
 jfan55
04-10-2002, 9:13 PM
My game is running on XP Home, 384mb ram, 3D Prophet 4500, and on everything all the way up, it loads in like 30 seconds, and quick loads in like 10 seconds...
 Wulla
04-10-2002, 9:31 PM
I won't bother you with my comp specs (you'd laugh way too hard) but when I hit the Assembly level, my load time went way up as well, around 4 minutes to load a saved game! Then I passed to the next level and was back down to 15 seconds as stated a couple posts above mine. Is everyone else having problems on just that level? Or does it happen all the time? Just curious.
 Triger Hapie
04-10-2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]
Our loading times are actually very good, and our reloads are extremely fast. If you find this is not the case, I have bad news for you: your system does not have enough RAM. If you lower the texture detail settings from VERY HIGH to HIGH, you will see your loading times get much, much better.

You may say "but I have a 64MB card and 256MB system RAM!", that should be fine for a lot of the levels, but when you're using the HIGHEST level of texture detail, you're going to need more than that on some levels. If you have 512MB of system RAM, you should be fine with full-on cranked-up detail levels.

That doesn't solve anything, now does it? :mad:
 T-Minus10
04-11-2002, 4:06 AM
not only does it not solve anything, raven's not provided any further feedback!

Given that this game is using a very similar engine to that in Soldier of Fortune 2, unless this bug is fixed, I'm sure Soldier of Fortune 2 won't be part of my collection.
 Triger Hapie
04-11-2002, 5:10 AM
I think Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 was a bit better... :rolleyes:
 SouLmaN
04-11-2002, 9:06 PM
well I managed to get my load time when I was starting the game from about 2 and a half mins down to about 20 seconds by merely changing the detail level from very high to high. Quick loads now also only take a few seconds to load up. My system isnt the most powerful one either
Specs:
Athlon 1600xp
GF2ti 64mb
256mb Ram
SBLive 5.1
 Triger Hapie
04-11-2002, 9:11 PM
Well, I have the game set to fastest, everything looks like poo. The framerate is fine, but the loads are still over 4 minutes. Explain to me why it's called "quick-load" again? :rolleyes: I do have 128mb RAM and P3 900, but still, DETAILS AT LOWEST POSSIBLE EVERYTHING!:mad:
 Chiles4
04-12-2002, 5:06 PM
There have been some posts about the QuickLoad option screwing up load times. I've been playing since it came out and have never used QuickSave or QuickLoad. From what I've heard in other threads, I'm not about to chance it either.

Of course, I have to deal with all the wackiness of the load/save menu: highlighting an entry and getting the wrong thumbnail, etc.
 adzzz
04-13-2002, 8:47 PM
i get the slow loading but not at all times, only on certain levels & only at random times, its a bit weird tbh but i find that once it starts with the slow loading it always does it even if i try to reload it.. until i quit the game and reload it. but if i ever pressed esc during the slow loading and goto either the save/load menu, the mouse cursor always stutters and the background music/sound efects also get choppy. i dunno if thats cos im usin a v3 or wat as ive got enuff probs to worry about as is :> but thats normally the case with the loading on mine! :) btw all that happens with quiksaves and normal saves as i sed it depends on if it stutters in the save screens :confused:
 digl
04-13-2002, 10:20 PM
I had regular loading times, with an Athlon TB 800, 128mb ram, geforce256 ddr and winXP
Today I installed a 256mb ram dimm and have a total of 384
It was great for loading times, now it loads pretty fast, I don't know why people with better machines than mine have slow loading times.
 danskmacabre
04-15-2002, 7:11 AM
Well, I also have slow startups..
If it's a cold start (first time from the most recent reboot), it can take a couple of minutes...

A warm start ( played the game before a reboot) it takes maybe 30 seconds.

System specs.

Win2Kpro.
P3 750E
512 mb SDram
Geoforce 2 MX400
20gb 5400 rpm HDD.

Yeah, OK, it's not the fastest system in the world, but the Game itself runs very smoothly.

Just the start up and loading saved games takes ages.

I find it hard to believe that it's my System specs causing the problem.

I have plenty of other games on my system and they donot have this problem.

*Shrug*

Whatever, not the end of the world really, I can still play the game. I think there ought to be a patch to the game at some stage soon tho.
 mib
04-15-2002, 8:26 PM
Originally posted by krebsy
I'm just about to apply the wickedGL fixes etc to test...

<SNIP>

and even though it lets me save the game as often as I like, it will only load one game. If I want to re-load a second time, I have to completely restart the game from cold.

<SNIP>
K.

I get the same thing on my system:

Win98se
256mb Athlon 1.4
Voodoo 5500 (official 1.04 drivers, tried 1.08 too)

At 1st I thought the game was crashing when reloading checkpoints and save games, (not level restarts), the bar would "hang" at the 1/4 mark. So I left it for 5 mins and it actually finished loading.

It's quicker for me to quite back to windows and reload the whole thing!

Initial loads take 20 seconds or so, but reloads take several minutes, but this only applies to checkpoint saves and quick saves. Reloading the beginning of the level takes only seconds.

Def. some strange bug.
 Disrespect
04-15-2002, 10:28 PM
some people trip me out , i mean is 1 minute all that long ?.
i do understand the 4 minutes , i had that myself when i first installed the game . i was telling my buddy who also has the game that if i cant find a tweak to make it start up faster im not going to bother playing it . it was like 4 to 5 minutes . way to long for any game IMO .

I posted some of the changes i made in another thread that i started . i made changes to my config file that made the game not only playable but also increased my load time . the biggest thing was changing the detail to high instead of very high .
but some of the stuff i did in my config file increased prefromance alot . at least for me . now it takes about a minute maybe less to start the game up . about 20 seconds to load my saved games . i dont use quick save or quick load . but like ut i think that making the hunkmeg (cachesize in ut) or whatever it is called to half my memory, sped up the loading times . anyways just look for a post by me (some tweaks for jk2 blah blah blah ).
im not saying this will help every1 . but it did help me and i love this game now .

good luck to every1 else that is having problems . also for radeon people . go to www.rage3d.com) in the forums look under pc gaming . there is alot of stuff there for tweaking the game to make it run better for your cards . i have the 7500 and it runs pretty damn good .

specs
win98se for gaming
winxp pro for sheets and giggles
1.2 athlon
256 ddr ram
radeon 7500 290/229 @ 310/245
sb live! 5.1
maxtor 7200rpm 2meg cache ide hd

peace peeps .
:bdroid2:
 Grim_35
04-18-2002, 12:39 AM
I see that everyone is having a slow load up time or something. I heard there is way for the game to load up faster but i'm not sure how. A friend of mine said that you can change amount of use ram. I was told that the system is set on 70 - 80 something, but change the system so that it can use more ram. My friend saw it once. you have put the file into notepaid and rewrite the number and then replace the file. I'm not so sure. But you can also do this on RTCW. So if anyone knows what the hell i'm talking about. Please tell us what to do....... peace
 Triger Hapie
04-18-2002, 2:33 AM
That's the misconception here. RAM DOES NOT MATTER! Maybe a little, but not like Raven is saying. My machine has 128MB RAM and it's loading in like 9 seconds for quick-loads. Other people have over 512 and the load times are like 3 minutes for them. It's not the RAM, it's sloppy coding.:o
 Marshal
04-18-2002, 12:58 PM
I have an 1.4Ghz, 256mb ram ang Dell GeForce3.

The first loading of any save game is long, but, if I fu**up, and hav to load agin its fine.
 Spykke
04-18-2002, 8:37 PM
My system:

T-bird 1.2 @ 1.2
ECS mobo
384mb cl2 Crucial pc133
Hercules GeForce3 (27.42 drivers)
Win98SE
SB Live! 5.1 Digital Player

I have everything on max but have vsync disabled, and run in 1024 x 768. Loading time is just over one minute, and Framerates vary between 35 and 90 depending on action. The only time the FPS has dropped to the 20s is the approach to the mine on level 2!

Quite playable, I thought...!?

:fett:
 Iblis
04-20-2002, 11:01 PM
Ppl with slow loading times.Try adding this line to your config files.It helped my loading times.

seta r_preloadtextures "1"

good luck!:D
 phantom_matt
04-23-2002, 6:47 AM
system specks

2ghz p4
512 mg sdram
win xp
geforce 2 64 mg

all options r on the highest setting and it takes about 15-20 seconds to make a lag game filled with bots. and about 20 seconds to join a online game cos i only have a 56k modem.

if any1 could start a ping reducing post that would be great.
 killas
04-23-2002, 9:08 AM
HI,

I've noticed that Jedi Knight II only breaks up with AMD's...

Anyone feels the same ?

- Killas -
----------------------------------------------------------
" If you can't convince them, confuse them..."
----------------------------------------------------------
 Harlock
04-25-2002, 6:11 AM
athlon 600
768 megs pc 100 ecc ram
gforce 256 32 meg 23.11 det's (fastest ive found for me)
soundblaster live x-gamer (original)
26 gig quantum fireball ata 66 5400rpm
cendyne 24x10x40 cdrw
linksys 10/100 ethernet
toshiba pcx1100 cable modem
win2k sp2

single player settings:
1024x768@85hz 16bit
high details

multiplayer settings:
1024x768@85hz 16bit
meduim details

no stutters,no lag,no long loading times. but as some have mentioned i keep a very clean system, i defrag once a week,empty temp folders every day etc. etc..
i was getting some random lockups when i first got the game but nothing now,the problem was heat so i added an extra fan and all was well.
 T-Minus10
04-30-2002, 1:19 AM
Omega is a great man. He's released new drivers which FIX loading time problems w/ Radeons. I was skeptical but when I downloaded the drivers myself, my problem dissapeared.

Check out the site here:

http://www.omegacorner.com/)

peace
 Dark Sith Gold
05-01-2002, 3:31 AM
All Right! Thats Very Good News Good Work Omega And Thanks For The Link T-Minus10 :D
 Xytrix
05-02-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by ph_ln
I have a voodoo 3 and noticed the performance problem straight away

You can actually get the games to load quicker by changing ANYTHING on the graphics option page. I usually change the texture quality between High and Very high. Click Apply, the screen refreshes and games load normally.

HTH
Phil

Yeah, i have that same problem. I'm using a Voodoo 3 3000 AGP under Win98 with 256megs of ram on a 1.3GHz Celeron. The game is on Normal settings almost always, but High Quality ain't bad either :)

If i die in the game, I can restart at the beginning of the level in under 10seconds... but if i try at anytime during gameplay to hit F9 (for a Quick Load) the game will get about 1/4 of the loading bar, then stop, the hard drive activity light stops blinking too.

Whenever this happens, I just go to the main menu (because the load would've ended the current game anyway) and I goto the video options.

From the video options i can change just about anything that requires me to click Apply to reset the video. I can go from Normal settings to High Quality or simply click the button til it goes from Normal back to Normal and hit Apply (it will apply faster that way).

Once I load the game then, it works just fine, load time isn't as fast as it would be if i started the level over, but it's under 20-30seconds.
 Xytrix
05-04-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Xytrix

Yeah, i have that same problem. I'm using a Voodoo 3 3000 AGP under Win98 with 256megs of ram on a 1.3GHz Celeron. The game is on Normal settings almost always, but High Quality ain't bad either :)

If i die in the game, I can restart at the beginning of the level in under 10seconds... but if i try at anytime during gameplay to hit F9 (for a Quick Load) the game will get about 1/4 of the loading bar, then stop, the hard drive activity light stops blinking too.

Whenever this happens, I just go to the main menu (because the load would've ended the current game anyway) and I goto the video options.

From the video options i can change just about anything that requires me to click Apply to reset the video. I can go from Normal settings to High Quality or simply click the button til it goes from Normal back to Normal and hit Apply (it will apply faster that way).

Once I load the game then, it works just fine, load time isn't as fast as it would be if i started the level over, but it's under 20-30seconds.

OK, my loading problems have been solved entirely. I was originally having not only loading problems, but problem reading the multiplayer menus in-game. Someone on the other board suggested a fix to the menus problem.

To fix the menu problem, I copied a Quake3 optimized WickedGL driver to my Jedi Knight II\GAMEDATA folder. It fixed the problem and I didn't have to overwrite any files, just simply added the opengl32.dll to the folder.

Later I began playing Single Player and I dont know why, but it began to use WickedGL's driver instead of the original OpenAL32.dll that came with Jedi Knight II. When I got in-game, I died to some sniper guys. I hit F9 forgetting that I recently had problems with Quickload.

TO MY SURPRISE THE QUICKLOAD WORKED!!!! I mean with the WickedGL driver, I know longer have any super long load times and it doesn't stop loading at 25% like before. I dont know if WickedGL works for those without Voodoo cards, but give it a shot, or just try other opengl32.dll files that might be for your card.
 Shadow359
05-04-2002, 4:59 AM
Dell P IV 1.5GHZ 256 MB ram, 40 GB hard drive....

My save files got progressivley bigger and bigger. And it would take me 5 minutes to load up a level in the Asteroid Base.

Here was my process:

1) Uninstall JKII
2) DEFRAG the hard drive
3) Reinstall

~Helped marginally~

4) uninstalled AIM (YES I SAID AOL INSTANT MESSENGER)
5) Reinstalled AIM

Works like a charm...though now AIM sometimes crashes on me

Just how I fixed my problem...

Also...any reason why AIM and JK II would conflict to the point of freezing up my machine???
 claudejulier
05-04-2002, 12:01 PM
Playing the other SciFi Game, which name I don't want to put in a Star Wars forum I noticed the same problem. And changing the graphic details or installing it on different pc's didn't solve the problem.
My Mhz 1000 with "SCSI 10'000 RPM-HD" and 384 MB RAM on Win98 PC and this old "other" game had an awful loading/saving time and sometimes unstable manners like lockdown's and so on and on and on...

Now with all the people loving this game I wonder why Lucas Arts didn't cross-check with other work they delivered.

It's sad because I don't like playing Jedi Knight II anymore. It's boring (every level looks somehow the same with the same baddies and with all these slow and unstable situations I should send it right back to George Lucas to give me my money back!
I will never buy a Lucas Arts so fast again (at least before getting experience from people who bought a future L-A-Product).

with your episode II you managed to get me to like the movies again, but with the games like the marketing-release of the latest monkey island you simply pushed me away...
 asx
05-05-2002, 2:20 PM
it has occured to me that almost everyone has an AMD and several have radeons and <GF3ti500

the rest probably have a shoddy hdd

P41.6A@2.24
256mb SAMSUNG DDR333
Geforce 4 ti 4600 (of the VT flavour)
a year old 40GB IBM (not sure of model)

cold load: 22.48
warm load: 1.12

have a nice day:D
 ZakTheEvil
05-05-2002, 9:47 PM
I have a dedicated gaming machine that has nothing but games on it. No antivirus, no startup items, etc. It's an Athlon XP 1800 box with 512MB of DDR RAM, GF4 Ti 440 (128MB) and a nicely fast WD 7200 ATA100 drive and the OS is WinXP Pro. Well, the first time I load a game it takes like very, very long. Next loads/reloads are faster but still longer that the worst offender so far: UT and most other games I had played so far. I mean I can live with that, I'm not really complaining but I bet the slow load times have little to do with machine configuration.

Zak
 disenter
05-05-2002, 10:51 PM
hi guys, i also have a voodoo 3 3000 agp, on xp pro, the game runs ok, load times are ok.. BUT...
i have this problem that once i am playing the game, if i go to save it, it gets very jumpy, DOES allow me to save. BUT, if i die, an either 'click to restart', or attempt to load a savegame from the menu, it dies.. crashes back to windows, and the gamma in windows is then about 10x higher than it should be... going to the 3dfx color settings manages to clear that back to normal, but it seems that the only way i can load a previously saved game, is to completely exit the game, and then reload it, an then load the savegame, else it either dies, or becomes stuck, at which point im forced to escape back to the main menu and quit the game....

Any idea's on how to fix this ?

I should mention also, that i am using the 3dfx Underground 1.06 alpha drivers from voodoofiles.com in XP also, as the 'real' drivers do not allow for opengl / glide in XP properly.

I read about the wickedgl fix, but the thing is, wickedgl dont support WinXP last i looked... will try getting hold of that version of opengl32.dll an sticking it in the directory though.... anythings worth a shot at this point... it pisses me off!! i hate having to reload the entire game just to load a level.. thats bull**** *shakes head*
let ya's know if it improves... and yeah any other idea's for voodoo 3 3000's on this game would be appreciated (apart from the rubbish dump!) :)

sys specs are:-

Athlon Thunderbird 800mhz
Asus A7V Via Apollo KT133 M/B
512meg SD-Ram
Voodoo 3 3000 AGP
Soundblaster Live!
C-Net 10/100 NIC
Flyvideo 2000 Tv Capture Card
Ricoh 32x12x10 Burner
Sony 40x/52x CD
2 x Western Digital 20gig 7200 rpm drives.
 warlock7890
05-06-2002, 4:12 AM
My Probs are all Multi Player, the single game runs awesome. MP gives me endless crashes ( or they are very long load times and i cant tell the difference Oo)

I disabled virus stuff, shut down my ram manager, and everything else but mouse proggie and Zone alarm. I cant get out of the score screen usually, total freeze. I have 81% resourses when i start JK2.

1 gig athlon
192 RAM
sb live value
GF2 MX 400

Im gonna try disableing some options........... This blows.
 Nocturn
05-07-2002, 5:47 AM
p4 1.5
512mb ram
gf3

On anything above medium detail accross the board i get really nasty jitters. Only this and MOHAA do this to me. All other games I have, I can crank the detail. A 'No-CD' patch would probably help a lot. Who do we have to bug the hell out of for that?
 Ishmael00
05-10-2002, 1:05 AM
I just started suffering very long load times on saves as well.
You guys might wanna confrim the following is the same for you:

All saved games were about 1-2M a piece. After I ran the 1.3 patch my saved games jumped right up to 11-16M a piece! That's insane because it takes several minutes before the blue loading line even shows up! Plus there seems to be cursor stalling in the load/save menus as well.

This also started happening on the 'Doomgiver' level.

Anyone else have the same symptoms?

(PS-my system's been running this game great up until the patch was installed)
 NASA Tiger
05-12-2002, 1:05 PM
Just throwing my times out. I returned JK2 a week after I bought it due to the absolutely abysmal load times. I decided to give it another try.

My system:

AMD 800
448 megs RAM
Voodoo5 64 megs
3 7200 rpm HDs
1 gig swap file
Windows 2000 Pro
+ latest drivers, patches, etc.

My load times when I first got it were 5+ minutes. At the time I had 192 megs RAM. I bought another 256 megs the other day and gave it another try. Load times now run about 4 minutes. Still absolutely unacceptable. Every other game I have (UT, RTCW, etc) doesn't take nearly as long to load, 20 seconds max. I've just been running thru the early levels on God mode so I won't die and have to sit around waiting for the game to reload.

The only times I've gotten somewhat quick loads (about a minute) were times when I died or reloaded at the beginning of a level. I'm not sure what my graphics settings are, but I'll take a look. I know I'm not running it any higher than 800x600, and I'd wager I'm not running it at very high texture detail.

Chris
 Claatu
05-13-2002, 3:34 PM
No load problems here; "Cold" load 20-25 seconds, "Warm" load 5 seconds. All details maxed on 1024*768 resolution.

Athlon XP1800+, WD 60GB 7200 rpm hard drive (ATA100), ASUS A7V266-E mobo, 512 MB DDR Crucial memory. 52 speed cd player, Win 98 SE.
 TheDesertFox07
05-18-2002, 1:32 PM
I have 512 RDRAM. My loads are very fast. Firt loads are prolly 5-7 seconds, reloads are practically instantaneous.
 OneDrop
05-21-2002, 3:32 PM
lol.....this thread is just about who has a better putter.....and almost none of you have supplied information about ur hdd which just shows how low your computer knowledge is...
I have:
WindowsME(lol)
celeronA 533 (1st gen, non coppermine), 128 mb PC133 sdram, geforce 2mx 32mb, and IBM 7200 UDMA100 40GB HDD....
my loading times are....intiial load is about 50 sec, every warm load is in about 25-30 sec.....so what *&#^(*&$# is wrong with some of you... i wish my game ran as nice as my loading times are (relatively)....cause whenever i get in one of those open levels with tons of opponents...my fps drops to like......5fps :D maybe even less...had some troubles finishing this game (without cheats too). So as someone told you....as for loading times....hard disk is the most important issue..doesn't that actually make sense to you guys???

Go brag about your bull**** computers somewhere else...this post was why the loading time sux.....not....what kind of computer do you have!!!!!!!!
 Darth Caedes
05-21-2002, 5:07 PM
I have a 16mb Voodoo3 and 250mb ram.. I run JK2 CRANKED up.. And it runs really ,really well! Surprisingly. Sure, it stumbles with FPS.. But ffs, I don't even beat the min requirements.

No other game has looked so good on my old crappy computer. Ravensoft are Gods.

-Darth Caedes-
 zweistein
05-21-2002, 7:05 PM
You guys are crazy.

I have an 1.2 Ghz Athlon (C), 256 Mb PC133 RAM, and, yes believe it or not, a good ole' Voodoo 3 Card (16 Mb). The game runs just fine with all settings on high and a 1024x768 resolution. My loading times are around 25s (timed) and subjectively this does not seem too long.

Maybe, the secret's in my 2x40 MB (5400 rpm) RAID system (stripe).

Enjoy the game!

:horn:
 -=BoJ=- TYsON
05-22-2002, 4:53 AM
some of you guys have better systems then me, but I get better load times, usually around 20-30 seconds!

*AMD ATHLON 1800XP

*WESTERN DIGITAL 120 GB HD @ 7200rpm

*512 MB DDR RAM

*nVidiA GeForce 3 64MB Ti500
 MadCowRunner
05-25-2002, 10:02 PM
My load times are fine on my PIII 800/ 256meg RAM/ 64meg GeForce 2/ 7200rpm 60gig HD. The problem I have is that mainly MP and occasionally in SP, occasionally (read as: way too damned often) the framerate will drop from ~50fps to ~2fps; the music and sound stutters, and the game hangs for about 2 seconds.

Anyone else have a similar problem? I wonder if my soundcard has anything to do with it (it's a POS soundblaster ripoff...). Q3:A, UT, and RTCW all work fine, but JK2 and MOHAA both do this crap to me (MOHAA does it mainly in singleplayer).
 x^n
05-27-2002, 3:20 AM
I was having some dog @$$ slow loading times for a while until I reinstalled windows and defragged my drive after EVERY software installation. It took a while but now my system is ready for disk imaging and load times for JKII are lickety split!
 King_Baboobab
05-28-2002, 6:21 PM
I run a p3 500
128MB ram
16MB graphics card

and the entire game runs appallingly, even set on the very lowest graphics setting

I pity anyone who thought that they could run it on the minimum spec, because I have enough trouble running it with an extra 150MHz over the minimum.

there just seems to be so much hard drive activity, its almost constant. If anyone knows how to fix this, could they please reply
Page: 2 of 3