Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can't refuel Lando's ship *SPOILERS*

Page: 1 of 1
 prime.8
03-27-2002, 7:35 PM
What am I supposed to do now? I've done everything else on the level (hit the 5 switches in each fuel room and opened the roof)... I found the fuel tank outside with the two switches on top, but I can't do anything with them... even tried force push and pull lol
 wh|stler
03-27-2002, 7:39 PM
You need to make note of the symbols on the pumps inside. Then when you go outside you need to change the symbols on the pumps out there to match the symbols inside. You should just beable to use your 'use' button (ctrl-by default) to change them. If it helps you find them, there's a lot of 'red' on one of the consoles and they're on one of the corners outside of the bay.

That help?

-) wh|stler
 prime.8
03-27-2002, 7:49 PM
No, that didn't work... I know what symbols they need to be, but I can't do anything to the switches... I've even remapped the 'use' key and it still doesn't work...
 wh|stler
03-27-2002, 7:54 PM
I think I know what you're talking about, I'm sorry if I'm wrong again.

I think you're looking at the wrong things. I think this because I did the same thing, I spent 5-10 minutes trying to change things on the two sets of pumps INSIDE that room. The switches you need to look for aren't in the same room as Lando's "Lady Luck". You actually need to go back outside. Outside, stay close to the building that houses the ship. You'll see two tubes going from one building to the building that the ship is in. You need to hop up on a little 'step' that's on a different building. Onto the two tubs, and follow them across the way towards the 'ship-building'. There are only two switches there.

That sound familiar?

-) wh|stler
 prime.8
03-27-2002, 8:16 PM
Sorry, but could you explain that again? The two switches I'm at aren't inside the building... I leave the hangar through the door at that back of the Lady Luck, and go left... at that corner is a fuel tank with two pipes leading to a much larger fuel tank... on top of the smaller tank are two switches (at least I think those are the switches), one with a blue-ish light above it and the other with a red light above it... are those the switches you're talking about? Those are the ones I've been trying to hit...
 wh|stler
03-27-2002, 8:22 PM
Ok, you're at the right place. No idea why you can't push the buttons, sorry buddy.

Try looking all around that thing?

Sorry again,

-) wh|stler
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
03-27-2002, 8:23 PM
Originally posted by prime.8
Sorry, but could you explain that again? The two switches I'm at aren't inside the building... I leave the hangar through the door at that back of the Lady Luck, and go left... at that corner is a fuel tank with two pipes leading to a much larger fuel tank... on top of the smaller tank are two switches (at least I think those are the switches), one with a blue-ish light above it and the other with a red light above it... are those the switches you're talking about? Those are the ones I've been trying to hit...

Hmm... that is very odd, you got me... if you want, send a savegame to me at mgummelt@ravensoft.com and I may be able to figure out what's wrong...?
 criMStone
03-27-2002, 8:37 PM
Same problem here, just can't press those 2 buttons in order to complete the mission :(, everything else has been done.. I just don't get it :S

Is a solution at hand?
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
03-27-2002, 8:38 PM
Follow Lando inside the cockpit and talk to him first... :)

If that's not it, let me know.
 prime.8
03-27-2002, 9:11 PM
But I can see Lando on the lower level at some console :(
 wh|stler
03-27-2002, 9:14 PM
He's not in his ship?

Is he in the building?

-) wh|stler
 prime.8
03-27-2002, 9:16 PM
No, he's not in his ship... I can see him on a lower catwalk below the hangar just standing at a console... I'm assuming he's waiting for me to flip the two switches to begin fueling the ship, which I can't do for some reason... at least I'm not the only one who can't flip the switch...

Did I miss some sort of trigger on this level that allows me to flip those switches? I've been everywhere and killed everyone...
 wh|stler
03-27-2002, 9:24 PM
Originally posted by prime.8
No, he's not in his ship... I can see him on a lower catwalk below the hangar just standing at a console... I'm assuming he's waiting for me to flip the two switches to begin fueling the ship, which I can't do for some reason... at least I'm not the only one who can't flip the switch...

Did I miss some sort of trigger on this level that allows me to flip those switches? I've been everywhere and killed everyone...

Very much so.

Did you go through the dark room yet? You missed a switch. You flip the switch, then Lando tells you that we're ready to get to the ship. He's there when you get there. By the time he's ready for you to pump the fuel he's in the cockpit of Lady Luck.

Good luck,

-) wh|stler
 prime.8
03-27-2002, 9:30 PM
By "dark room" do you mean the area that's right by the room with the huge red pit? Where all pillars are? I've been all through there, but I didn't find a switch... I even got up on top of the pillars and walked around but didn't see anything up there either...
 wh|stler
03-27-2002, 9:39 PM
Sorry, memory is a little hazy. From what I remember though, that dark room (yes, the one next to the big red cylinder) is a gateway of sorts to where you need to be. You should enter by the red cylinder, and there's an exit on the other side. Have you gone out there?

-) wh|stler
 prime.8
03-27-2002, 9:46 PM
The dark room with the red pit on one side and the huge containers on the other? If that's the one you're talking about, I've been all over that room and didn't find any switches... didn't find any on the other side (where the containers are) either...
 wh|stler
03-27-2002, 9:47 PM
Hehe, no switches, but there's another door.

Have you found the other door?

-) wh|stler
 prime.8
03-27-2002, 9:48 PM
Another door inside the dark room? I only found 2 doors, one leading to the room with the red pit and the other leading out to the big containers...
 wh|stler
03-27-2002, 9:54 PM
Ok, you should be on your way then (out the other door in the black room, the one leading to the 'big containers'). If I'm not mistaken the switch is in a little 'outlook' looking thing that you need to negotiate your way up to. There's glass on the outside of it, if that helps.

Sorry I don't have much more information than that. It's tough to reflect on these big, open levels like Shadaar.

Good luck,

-) wh|stler
 prime.8
03-27-2002, 10:03 PM
Geez... completely lost on this one... do you recall the total number of switches on this level? Here are the ones that I know of:

1 in the control room (surrounded in glass in a greenish room, out the doorway behind the Lady Luck; was the first one I hit)
10 total in from of the fuel rooms
2 on the fuel tank (that I can't flip)

I've destroyed the two guns in a small room (there was one on top of the other in the nook they were in)

What am I missing?

wh|stler, I appreciate the help you're giving me... I just can't find the last switch...
 wh|stler
03-27-2002, 10:07 PM
No problem buddy.

As with another problem someone is having, I'm racking my brain trying to remember where the other switch is.

If someone hasn't spoken up, or you still haven't found it by tonight then send me an ICQ (13929177) or a PM or an E-Mail and I'll load up some saved games and see what I can do.

I'm pretty positive it's on the other side of the dark room though. I vividly recall having to go back through that room after I had flipped the switch.

Good luck,

-) wh|stler
 prime.8
03-27-2002, 11:07 PM
If anyone can verify what all needs to be done on this level, I would greatly appreciate it... what are the total number of switches on this level? Here are the ones that I know of:

1 in the control room (surrounded in glass in a greenish room, out the doorway behind the Lady Luck; was the first one I hit)
10 total from the fuel rooms
2 on the fuel tank (that I can't flip)

I've destroyed the two guns in a small room (there was one on top of the other in the nook they were in)

Something's preventing me from flipping the two switches on the fuel tank :confused:
 a_lil_jiggy
03-27-2002, 11:40 PM
the blue and red switches on top of the tanks outside are the ones. there are two different symbols that you will find inside the hanger on the pipes leading to landos ship. jump on top of the tanks outside and match the symbols to those that you found inside. then the ship will refuel and you will be on your way. then you can be stuck in cloud city like me :D
 prime.8
03-27-2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by a_lil_jiggy
the blue and red switches on top of the tanks outside are the ones. there are two different symbols that you will find inside the hanger on the pipes leading to landos ship. jump on top of the tanks outside and match the symbols to those that you found inside. then the ship will refuel and you will be on your way. then you can be stuck in cloud city like me :D

That's where I'm stuck... for some reason I can't flip those two switches... they won't activate or anything... I might try replaying the level again or something... maybe a bug?
 wh|stler
03-28-2002, 12:28 AM
I'm positive you've missed something. The absence of Lando at all in the hanger explains it.

Good luck,

-) wh|stler
 wagamama
03-28-2002, 3:26 AM
hey
i've been lurking on this thread all since yesterday... was having the same problems... switches not moving... Lando on the lower level.... everyone dead... i finally reloaded the level from the long elevator up.... followed lando listened to his speel went down to lady luck ... and then............

here is where we made the error... i'm guessing you had turned left and jumped through the windows in that room first and activated the roof ...

i found out the level wont complete if you don't follow the story in the correct sequence...

remember finding the lady luck and the game saying checkpoint!
and then hearing lando's voice but lando wasn't next to you?

well if you do the correct sequence.... after exiting the hanger... going right (i beleive ) to the door with the lock on it... lightsabre through it... go through theh hall way killing/maiming... then into the room with the endless red square hole.... then enter the dark room using the light amp googles...
hug the walls around...
jump up to the short cylinder hug the walls
crawl through the space under one cylinder...
exit near the huge square containers...
kill/maim / slaughter....your way to the m50 lasers...
lando says that he's pinned down so destroy the gunner/
then run all the f__k around and force jump THEN go through the windows on the roof and activate the ceiling lando says "meet me back at the ship" so go all the F__K around back to the ship and NOW hes standing next to you and says, get inside or something... and instead of him chilling on a lower level... he runs inside and tries to start it while he tells you to fight wave after wave of grenade lobbing three eyed...green...whatever... then he says hey why don't you figure out why the fuel isn't pumping... NOW you know what to do right? turn off the computer, put some visine in your eyes and GO to BED!!

waga
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
03-28-2002, 5:15 AM
Originally posted by wagamama
here is where we made the error... i'm guessing you had turned left and jumped through the windows in that room first and activated the roof ...

Hunh??? You can get into the hangar *before* Lando???
 wagamama
03-28-2002, 6:12 AM
it is all a blur at this point but i have a newborn so i play the game without sound. as a result, i don't hear lando tell me what im supposed to do...

if my memory serves me correctly... i remember running down the hall with lando and arriving at the window overlooking his ship. i took the elevator down

ran around for what i perceived to be an exceedingly long time
force jumping falling dying over and over again...

went to the other side of the map long jumped to a roof and
went through some skylight hit a switch

arrived back at the luck alone... i could hear his voice but his model wasn't there...

i went through the floor and took care of the fuel switches

and then got stuck.... no lando in the cockpit

outside you can see lando on a lower level standing...

i jumped down there to talk to him and he said 'hey' 'whats going on' or some idle chit chat... at this point i had been stuck for what seemed like a long time. i eventually restarted the level and everything was fine... my problem was i had been loading up the same saved game where lando was stuck...

i dunno if this makes any sense...
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
03-28-2002, 3:00 PM
Okay, but how on earth did you get up onto that skylight in the first place? Your force jumping height on that level should not be high enough to get up there unless you were already in that room....?
 wagamama
03-28-2002, 6:37 PM
i was jumping all over this map forever... i think i went over the roof tops of some buildings i shouldn't have... the floor was not rendered...

or i jumped off of the doorjam of the building... i can't remember specifically, but i believe i have some saved games...but im not really keen on going back at this very moment

(having just spent a significant amount of time trying in vain to complete a level that could not be completed has left me a little bit bitter) let me finish this doombringer level first....
 Assassin_q3
03-28-2002, 10:41 PM
iam stuck on this level aswell , Lando is in 'Lady Luck' upstairs doin some stuff on the computer near the front of the ship (inside the ship)
i have correctly done the red and blue switches but now iam wondering if there is a green and a yellow switch to configure? am i right , if yes plz tell me where they are i have looked everywhere!!!

thx
 Yoss
03-29-2002, 2:59 AM
This map took me a rediculously long time to complete, I kept not jumping up to the gun emplacement and I was maddeningly trying to activate the fuel pump buttons(I also didn't listen to Lando) for a good 30 mins. The good news in all this is I force pulled my bookcase and found a vent offering me easier access to my kitchen after finally completing the level.
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
03-29-2002, 4:12 AM
Well, if there is ANYONE who can do this... get into that glass room from the skylight rather than the back tunnel, save your game before you make the jump to the skylight. If you make the jump, send me that savegame so I can figure out where you're doing this from because this bug was specifically addressed in our QA stage and there should not have been any way to do this legally.
 Assassin_q3
03-29-2002, 11:23 AM
i still cant refuel!!! to refuel u have to do the seqence thing on the switches, i have only found 2 switches a blue and a orange/red i need to know if there is a green and a yellow switch and where there located!! plz help!
Page: 1 of 1