Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Stuck in the Prison/Mines

Page: 1 of 1
 Netbug
03-27-2002, 7:19 PM
ok. So I freed the good guys and they now say that I have to find the Station Commander so that they can open the hanger doors.

I'm stuck though. I can SEE wehere I have to go, but I can't get there.

On the top level of the prison complex there is an area where you open all the doors and can look into some of the cells.

There are two switches in this area... one opens the cells, but I have no idea what the other one does.

Where I'm supposed to go (I'm sure) is through the door in this room and then accross the catwalk that runs over the top flight of stairs, but the door is locked!

Can someone help?

Netbug
 wh|stler
03-27-2002, 7:24 PM
Hey Buddy,

I don't think you're looking at the right place. At one point in your explorations (after freeing the prisoners, while you're looking for the base commander) you cross kind of a catwalk looking thing. If you look off to your right, there's a vent you need to blast, and then jump into.

Bad news, more caves and little insect guys up ahead.

Let us know if you need anything else.

-) wh|stler
 Netbug
03-27-2002, 7:35 PM
...but I can't figure out how to get to the catwalk.

I can see it from below, but where do I go to get onto it? Can you give me directions from say either standing below it or in teh main hanger where the guys are waiting?

More bugs? Man I hate those things. What's the best method for extermination? I've been backpedalling with either the bowcaster or the Blaster Rifle.

Netbug
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
03-27-2002, 8:04 PM
Hmm, I think that you may be missing is a door that comes off the base of one of the sets of stairs you came up. After releasing the prisoners, go back down the stairs and help them out.
 Netbug
03-27-2002, 8:19 PM
Ya I got that. I've talked to the prisoner and he goes into the hanger bay with his buddies. Now am I missing an elevator or something to get back up top to that catwalk?
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
03-27-2002, 8:21 PM
Ahah, okay.... in the bay where the prisoners fight the stormtroopers, you should be able to take a lift to the upper catwalk. Walk all the way around that and you should find something you've been missing...
 Netbug
03-27-2002, 8:48 PM
There we go!
 kylekornkven
03-27-2002, 8:56 PM
I am passed that, into the pipes after the catwalk. I'm at the huge vent shaft with the fan at the bottom. the 3 vent covers won't come off and i don't survive dropping down the shaft. what do i do?
 wh|stler
03-27-2002, 8:59 PM
Originally posted by kylekornkven
I am passed that, into the pipes after the catwalk. I'm at the huge vent shaft with the fan at the bottom. the 3 vent covers won't come off and i don't survive dropping down the shaft. what do i do?

Two solutions:

My brother and someone else here mentioned they managed to turn the fan on somehow. Then they just coasted down.

I guess I did it the manly way; quick, stupid and ultimately more painful. :) If you'll notice, there are notches on both sides of the vent. You can hop from one notch to the other, all the way down.

Good luck,

-) wh|stler
 RangerRebel
03-30-2002, 4:10 AM
How do you turn the fan on??? I don't have enough helath left so I can only make it about half way down the shaft before I die. :mad:
Page: 1 of 1