Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Replacing skins? Please Help!

Page: 1 of 1
 MessiahErebus
03-27-2002, 6:39 PM
I was just messing around with the reborn skin, adding a few things on the hood, just as a test. I read q3 skin and pak instructions, and have tried several different ways to get my skin to show up, all to no avail. I have made a pak both in its own directory (in base and in gamedata) i have kept paths, and no compression. I named the pak reborn, and in its own directory, i named it both reborn, and assets1 or assets2, all to no avail. when I leave the directories in gamedata, as gamedata\reborn\models\players\reborn or however it is and leave the pictures in an un zipped or (pk3'ed) form, the game reads the new icon picture when i load up reborn mod. however no matter what i try, i can't get my skin change to load. I even loaded it into the original pk3 files, Both of them... and it WILL NOT change. Can someone help me with this? I am very confused. I modified both hood, and forc_hood, just in case, but still it won't work.

NEVER MIND: fixed it, poor reading on my part
Page: 1 of 1