Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Solider Store

Page: 1 of 1
 YH_Wedge
11-16-2001, 4:33 PM
For all AOE player how would you like a soldier store for GB?
 jesseg88
11-16-2001, 9:57 PM
What is soldier store?:confused:
 Dagobahn Eagle
11-17-2001, 10:48 AM
Would you mind elaborating a bit? Is it like you starting with a lot of resources and then you hire a lot of mercenaries who spawn on the map? Or am I way off?
 chrisw_30
11-17-2001, 11:52 AM
yeah whats a soldier store?
 YH_Wedge
11-17-2001, 9:34 PM
Soldier Store is an Age of Empires 2: The Conquerors custom scenario. You start out with 2 heros in the corner of the map. You mass produce the heros and they appear in your base. For every hundred kills you recieve a new hero and a horse. You can buy other heroes with your horses. In your base you have a castle and your base is defended by 3 rows of gates, bombard towers, and guard towers. The object of the game is to destroy the enemys castle. This game is fun and extremely addicting. YH_Yoda and I were going to revamp this into a Star Wars version.
 WC_heavyarms
11-17-2001, 9:38 PM
go ahead, make it! people will play it!
 chrisw_30
11-18-2001, 10:15 AM
ok..soldier store sounds cool
 Gungan_Reble
11-18-2001, 1:57 PM
Originally posted by YH_Wedge
For all AOE player how would you like a soldier store for GB?

Yes I have played this in AOK it's cool I think
it would fit in well with GB I say go for it :gungan:
 Zygomaticus
11-18-2001, 2:05 PM
never played this kind of mission but sounds good
 WC_heavyarms
11-18-2001, 9:48 PM
It is pretty neat, just make sure you don't use a fortress, or disable the unique unit from it, because you don't want snowspeeders wizzing around!
 YH_Wedge
11-19-2001, 9:05 PM
That isn't a factor because there are no resources or villigers. Also I forgot to add that you can buy different heroes with some sort of unit and that you have a hero and you can give him better attack and hp by putting him in the middle of the map. I will post the full game here once it is finished.
 Paragon_Leon
11-20-2001, 6:51 PM
Having this done in GB will actually be more addicting, since it won't be some vague history-heroe becoming available, but Vader ! And Luke ! And Han ! And..and...

Go for it.
 idiot00001
11-20-2001, 10:49 PM
Yeah, it sounds great I'll try it.
 YH_Yoda
11-21-2001, 2:20 PM
Hello. Yes, Wedge and I are making a GB Soldier Store. I guess you could say I'm the "real" designer. Wedge is working on the unit pairings and testing with me. I'm handling the triggers, map, and gameplay. Right now I have titled it Merc Market (merc meaning mercenary). But I really don't like the name that much, and I would like a better one. So far, it's a 4 player supportable game with about only two unit upgrades finished. It should be done in less than 3 weeks. There is a possibility I could finish by Monday, but that would be tough. We are having a little trouble with the units that are going to be purchased, because there just aren't as many good heroes in GB like AOE. But I can guarantee at least 10 standard upgrades, and possibly 15-20 that can be bought. There will be raziing upgrades like the AOE version, and like my other SS job (Soldier Store v9), which I used the zone name _ComicBookGuy, there will be some sort of anilaml trade that gives you a good hero if you reach 20, or you can trade 5 in for the unit used to buy things. If you have any ideas or would like to help with testing, you can e-mail me @ yodaisking@msn.com, or Wedge @ cletus583@msn.com.
 God
11-21-2001, 9:58 PM
sounds like you guys got it all under control. i was wondering what animal you are goin to use how about nerfs or banthas
 jesseg88
12-04-2001, 2:31 PM
That might be neat!
Page: 1 of 1