Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Trush...till death do us part.....

Page: 1 of 1
 _HaZeKniGhT
03-21-2002, 3:05 PM
The widely and most often using strat is the Trush( Trooper Rush) in late t1 and early t2. Its adatiblily to almost any situation provides it with many different uses. For one, you can use it to stop or slow down ur opponents eco builing. You can also use it to completey STOP your oppenets game. Get the carbon....you win. Its personally my favorite. The trush is quick and easy to master, you just need sometime to master it.

_HaZe
 Supreme Warlord
04-02-2002, 12:33 PM
OH MY GOSH THAT LIKE A SUPER SERCET STRAGEY!!!! AHHHH:D
we all do that but it dont work most of the time. It just distracting that all.
 _Xenocide_
04-04-2002, 8:31 PM
How do you kill buildings with troops? Troops take forever to kill workers as well. two workers can kill one T1 trooper.
 Supreme Warlord
04-05-2002, 12:42 PM
You can kill the building by doing the drop and spake stragey. It is just taking a shuttle and putting in five plummels and then drop them near enemy buildings and then start spaking the buildings with your plummels:D

Plummels are the best weapons in taking down buildings or something that just stands up and dont move. lol :p
 MM-86
04-05-2002, 12:56 PM
I hate that strategy, it is destroying the game.
I dont think you should attack until reached tech4.:vadar:
 Supreme Warlord
04-05-2002, 1:12 PM
I agree but oh well I get to win though:D
 duder
04-05-2002, 1:21 PM
All you need to stop pummels and any other heavy weapon is mounted troopers. They slaughter them!
 Supreme Warlord
04-05-2002, 1:25 PM
That why I have five jedi, five bounty hunters, and five aa toops with five plummels. It is good in dealing anything. I normally win by this. hehehehe
 duder
04-05-2002, 1:32 PM
It can still be countered. By the time you have been able to build all that the enemy would have knocked through half of your town!!! :cool: (I would have anyway)
 Supreme Warlord
04-05-2002, 1:39 PM
Dont forget I can do many things at once like other. While that being build, I would be building defense as well. :) So I am tougher than you think:D
 Supreme Warlord
04-05-2002, 1:46 PM
I can do many things at once like other people. I would be doing defense while I am building up my strike force. Beside i am tougher than you think.:D
 duder
04-05-2002, 2:12 PM
Warlord...5 jedi, 5 bounty hunters (which also means building a fortress), 5 pummels and 5 air transports = a huge amount of resources. Decent players would have you strung up if you held those back for a drop. Air drops need to be done early tech 3. Do you play on the zone? If so we should organise a game sometime. :D
 _Xenocide_
04-05-2002, 3:06 PM
It's to bad this forum has turned into a pissing contest. The original post was on Trushes. They are rairly effective but have there places. Nothing in an RTS game should be banned (except cheating). Attack only in T4? That's like telling the Germans to wait a few weeks before they take over Holand, so that you can build up your army.

Any advantage you can get, exploit it. This isn't a tea party. Rushing can be dangerous depending on the type of player your against. Some defend rushes very effectively, thus leaving you wide open if you fail.

Tactics, not strategy, requires that you do not rush all the time, only if the situation calls for it. If you have slow tech times, don't rush.

Anyway, it's said to see a forum degrade into a who's better mentality :(
Page: 1 of 1