Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

DOTT & SAMNMAX questions.

Page: 1 of 1
 SuprmarketBRAWL
03-20-2002, 11:01 AM
This message is entended for the creator of Quick and Easy.

Thank God someone found a way to get these games running on Windows XP. The Games I have FOA, DOTT, and SAMNMAX, were sitting around collecting dust until yesterday when I found your program. Thank You.

But I have a small question. Why did you use the SFX from the Floppy versions of DOTT and SAMNMAX? Can this be fixed in a later version of Q&E? I liked the SFXs on the CD-ROMs alot better.

.:laughing: <BIG TEETH

SuprmarketBRAWL
 bgbennyboy
03-20-2002, 12:56 PM
Cheers :)

I wasnt aware that the SFX differed between the cd and floppy versions. Are you sure? Can someone else confirm this?

The short answer is no, I cant fix it in the next version, I have to do the version mismatch for S+M and DOTT to get em to work properely.

Im not sure that the sfx is different since the Quick and Easy mismatched versions still use the resource files from the cd version. I think the sfx is contained in the resource files so they shouldnt be different.

EDIT:<slaps head>
I know what this is, this is a bug in current quick and easy. The sfx arent different their just higher pitched this was a fix introduced for Sam and Max which now appears to make sfx go wonky, its really easy to fix and ill do it in the next release.

Heres a temporary fix:
Edit the batfile in wordpad
Change the line that reads "dosdrv -i:vdms.ini"
To "dosdrv -i:c:\lucasarts\Indy.ini"
End of problem
 SuprmarketBRAWL
03-20-2002, 4:51 PM
Thank You for the quick fix.

I can go back to scratching my belly without the risk of electric shock. Wait a minute dis-regard that last sentence...it made no sense.

Thanks Again!

SuprmarketBRAWL

:amidala: <WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON HER HANDS!!! EVERY OTHER SCENE SHE HAS A DIFFERENT F(*^ING HAIR STYLE AND MAKEUP!

EDIT: Where in existence can I find the Last Crusade CD? I only have the floppy disks and 3.5.
 bgbennyboy
03-20-2002, 5:36 PM
"Where in existence can I find the Last Crusade CD? I only have the floppy disks and 3.5."

You have it on five and a quarter floppys as well?

Your only hope is to track it down on ebay, as part of the white label double pack LastCrusade/FateOfAtlantis
I think its part of one of the Lucasarts megapack thingys too.
 Fizz_36
03-30-2002, 2:58 AM
Where did you find Quick and Easy anyways? Someone told me it was on this site but I haven't had any luck finding it.
 bgbennyboy
03-30-2002, 7:30 AM
Go to the top of this page.
Click on news
Then click on adventure and scroll down......

Alternatively I can send it you (i`ll need Ј50,000 in cash and the choice of the finest wenches of your town though)

Quick and Easy 3 is all but done though, so if you check mojo the next few days you can get that instead.
Page: 1 of 1