Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dedicated Server FAQ

Page: 2 of 3
 Cenuij
04-04-2002, 9:36 PM
Sorry to post this in two different threads but I hope this helps some of teh ppl who have been getting strange results running a linux server

On my setup the server has created a hidden directory under my home dir.

It created the dir .jkii and in there was another config file in it

eg /home/users/cenuij/.jkii/base/jk2mpconfig.cfg

I had installed the server to /home/users/cenuij/jedi

This file was also being exectued after my server.cfg which i specified in my startup command line argument. It was also keeping the value g_needpass set to 1, even though i had specified g_needpass 0 in file server.cfg

Hope this helps some of you linux ppl. If your new to linux you'll need to show a full directory listing or turn on the 'show hidden' option in your filebrowser.

Cenuij
 shanegru
04-04-2002, 11:12 PM
here are the commands i ave so far quite a list too.
these all came directly from the console. hope this helps
:fett:
cmdlist
touchFile
fdir
dir
path
map
vstr
set
-attack
wait
-button2
music
soundstop
soundinfo
soundlist
play
screenshot_tga
fs_referencedList
fs_openedList
reconnect
clientinfo
force_throw
saberAttackCycle
use_sentry
zoom
use_electrobinoculars
use_bacta
use_field
use_seeker
force_seeing
force_forcepowerother
force_healother
force_absorb
force_protect
force_rage
force_distract
force_pull
force_speed
force_heal
engage_duel
sv_saberswitch
-mlook
+mlook
-button14
+button14
-button13
+button13
-button12
+button12
-button11
+button11
-button10
+button10
-button9
+button9
-button8
+button8
-button7
+button7
-button6
+button6
-button5
+button5
-button4
+button4
-button3
+button3
+button2
-button1
+button1
-button0
+button0
-force_drain
+force_drain
-force_lightning
+force_lightning
-useforce
+useforce
-altattack
+altattack
-force_grip
+force_grip
-use
+use
+attack
-speed
+speed
-moveright
+moveright
-moveleft
+moveleft
-strafe
+strafe
-lookdown
+lookdown
-lookup
+lookup
-back
+back
-forward
+forward
-right
+right
-left
+left
-movedown
+movedown
-moveup
+moveup
-taunt
+taunt
centerview
condump
clear
messagemode4
messagemode3
messagemode2
messagemode
toggleconsole
svsay
killserver
devmapall
devmapmdl
spdevmap
spmap
devmap
sectorlist
map_restart
dumpuser
systeminfo
serverinfo
status
clientkick
kick
heartbeat
vminfo
vmprofile
midiinfo
net_restart
in_restart
writeconfig
changeVectors
quit
meminfo
exec
seta
bind
unbindall
bindlist
unbind
echo
zone_details
zone_stats
cvar_restart
cvarlist
reset
setu
sets
toggle
159 commands
 Dominator
04-05-2002, 5:44 AM
back to the question that was asked before.

Can you specify which force powers you want in a duel game. Like we want just basic jump, push, pull saber throw..

and don't want ..drain, grip, lightening, etc..

Does anyone know if we can.. If so how???
 Dominator
04-05-2002, 5:57 AM
where are you putting the server.cfg

cause I have put it everyone in the lucas folder and it still says it "couldn't find server.cfg"
 Runnion Dvain
04-05-2002, 2:06 PM
mpdefault.cfg

Anyone know what this is? Everytime I go to run my server, it says that it can't find this file. I've seen no mention of it to this point so I'm kinda clueless.....

Thanks!
~Runnion :greedo: :saberb:
 RebelHawk
04-05-2002, 4:33 PM
Runnion Dvain,

I had the same problem (look 7 posts above yours) and solved it by following MatrixCPA's advice. Here is the link to that post.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=38178)
 Runnion Dvain
04-05-2002, 6:18 PM
Awesome. Thanks RebelHawk.
 ttungul
04-05-2002, 6:19 PM
Here is the config I am currently working with. All works fine for now, and as I learn more from the forums here, I make changes.

http://www.middlebutton.com/server.txt)

any suggestions and or comments are welcome.

I have the server running in FFA mode, as duel got boring last night. Now, force powers are off, sabers only, but u can pickup and carry up to 3 forces and or change them by running over more. (dont know FFA mode, maybe this is FFA is played).

So one guy might have grip, but his opponent might have lightening or something, which I think balances out the abusive force powers. This game type also allows everyone to play and or just duel if they so wish, without waiting in line.

:LugNut
 Dominator
04-06-2002, 10:41 PM
where are you guys putting the "server.cfg"
Cause mine is still not working.. and I don't know what is wrong.

Everything points to the right place. It says it can't find the mpdefault.cfg and the autoexec.cfg

when i add +exec server.cfg it isays it kind find that either

please help.
 Renshai
04-07-2002, 1:32 AM
While I was putting my server up, another server op came into my server and asked if an admin was around. After talking to the individual about his +exec not working, we checked the following:

1) that his command line was similar to this: "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\jk2mp.exe" +set dedicated 2 +exec server.cfg

2) That the working directory for his server looked like this: "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData"

3) That the location of his config file was in the base dir. Example: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\base\server.cfg

After talking to him for a bit, I found out that he had created his config file from a right-click->create->new text file. So, I had him turn off "Hide extensions for known files" in his folder options. His server.cfg file was actually named server.cfg.txt, he renamed the file to just server.cfg, and it starting working. No, I didn't flame him, I run a computer department, and we see things like this all the time.

Hopefully this will help someone else (and I put the 3 items that you should check also).

Ren
 The True TimmyD
04-07-2002, 3:21 AM
Got this working just tonight
System Specs:
PIII-450
448mB RAM
Win2k Server

It's a LAN server, so that will be reflected here, I reckon.
This was created based off the original server.cfg and various ones from this thread (thanks guys!)

//TimmyD's JKII Dedicated Server

//sets server information/settings
seta sv_hostname "TimmyD's JKII Dedicated Server (FFA)"
seta Administrator "TimmyD"
seta Email "tjdurnan@csbsju.edu"
seta url "http://timmyd-shared)
seta Location "Pat 216"
seta sv_maxclients 16
seta sv_zone FFA
seta sv_timeout 15
seta sv_master1 "masterjk2.ravensoft.com"
seta sv_pure 1
seta timelimit 20
seta fraglimit 40

//sets logging
set logfile 1
set g_logSync 0 "1"
set g_log "logs\games.log"

//other configurations
seta g_motd "Welcome to TimmyD's Dedicated JKII Server!"
seta g_gametype 0
seta g_forcerespawn 0
seta g_weaponrespawn 15
seta g_allowvote 1
seta g_maxForceRank 5
seta g_privateDuel 1
seta g_saberLock 1
seta cl_allowDownload 1
seta g_friendlyfire 0
seta sv_floodProtect 1
seta g_autoMapCycle 1

//map rotation
set d1 "map ffa_bespin ; set nextmap vstr d2"
set d2 "map ffa_deathstar ; set nextmap vstr d3"
set d3 "map ffa_ns_hideout ; set nextmap vstr d4"
set d4 "map ffa_ns_streets ; set nextmap vstr d5"
set d5 "map ffa_imperial ; set nextmap vstr d6"
set d6 "map ffa_yavin ; set nextmap vstr d1"

map ffa_bespin
 MatrixCPA
04-08-2002, 3:22 PM
Ok, first off I'd like to say....isn't this supposed to be a FAQ? If people have questions, they should be posted in a separate thread below so that someone with the answer is more likely to spot it quickly. I know that I only visit this thread about once a day...maybe. I spend the rest of my time looking for question threads with 0 replies first and move on to the rest as I have time.

Ok, just to address the post above...I spotted a couple of problems, one of which may have just been a typo in copying it over on your part.

seta url "http://timmyd-shared) //missing end quote

seta sv_timeout 15 //I've saw a lot of players get "timed-out" needlessly with this low a setting. Some players just take a bit to load the maps. I personally use 120. I'd recommend no less than 60 unless you're a computer racist and want to punish people with "older" systems. ;)

set g_logSync 0 "1" //Which do you want? 0 or 1? I don't believe that g_logSync0 is a used cvar. use set g_logSync "0" for off and set g_logSync "1" for on

seta g_autoMapCycle 1 //This completely defeats the point of having an admin defined map rotation--which you do. It looks like you are cycling through each ffa map already. So, I think you'd be just as well off to leave this set to 1 and delete the rotation. If you do that, make sure you ignore the next comment. ;)

map ffa_bespin //Again, this starts a specific map and ignores the rotation. If you want to use the rotation, change this to vstr d1

As a side note, you might want to add the following:

seta g_friendlySaber 0

You have g_friendlyfire off, but that's only when you are swinging your saber (or firing other weapons). The above will make it so you can't hurt a teammate by just running into him with your saber. Good luck with the server.
 Soul-Burn
04-12-2002, 8:31 AM
Hello...
Here's my problem, in the HL dedicated server, whenever you type something that isn't a command, it'll either say it's not a command or not do anything. In Q3 based games, when you write soemthing that isn't a command, it'll print it in the server. In HL, to print something on the screen in the server you need to add 'say' before what you wanna say. In Q3 based games, even if u have \ or / , it'll print it.

This is very bad. If for example someone wanna change his rconpassword or password on the dedicated server, now the person makes a mistake and writes paswsord "PASSWORD".... now everyone on the server knows the password because he made a spelling mistake.

If there's a way to fix it by a cvar, it'll be really helpful, if not, then :( ..
 MatrixCPA
04-12-2002, 9:21 PM
See my reply to your other post.
 Atomic Angel
04-14-2002, 12:01 AM
Ok here's my problem:

When I have GameSpy up, I can start a pure server and have people playing on it. JK2 brings up a small console on my desktop saying whats going on. I can join my own game from GameSpy, which shows up. Thats all well and good, but if I want to kick a griefer or retard whos messing up the server by being a loser, I want to be able to kick him. I've tried /boot playername etc, but it doesnt work. It just shows up in the console window as me just simply saying "boot playername". How come I don't have admin abilities on my own server?? Please help!
 MatrixCPA
04-14-2002, 5:21 PM
First off, are you typing in the server console or the client console? Either way the command is kick or clientkick, not boot. If you are using the server console, you can type status to get a list of players and their client numbers. Then type clientkick # and they're gone. If you're using the game console, you either need to set to your rcon password using /set rconpassword yourpass to whatever you have in the server.cfg (or whatever config file you use) or include it in the command like so:

/rcon rconpass kick playername

Just substitute your specific rcon password as needed. I find it ten times easier to kick from the server console using clientkick. But, that's just my opinion. ;)
 jonnygoth
04-16-2002, 4:43 PM
How do i find a full list of rcon commands or other console comands for the ded server? Also is there any kind of softwhere to make admins out of like how the half life engine has admin mod? plus I do I set myself up to join my dedicated server and be able to use the rcon commands and no one else? last question....... i have read through everyones server config posting do i put that in the server.cfg or a different file, becuase the server.cfg is the only file i have found to config the server with. I am new to this so sorry for the million questions. Please help though I am trying to make a clan server.
 [KWA]SaVAgE
04-16-2002, 5:42 PM
OK

I got people doing the good old colored names and thats fine, but, when I go to kick a llama and the Llama has colored letters, i can type in there name PERFECTLY and it says player not found.

This is via RCON while I'm playing BTW.
 MatrixCPA
04-17-2002, 1:54 PM
Ask the questions in their own thread and I'll answer them. ;)
 Britannic
04-20-2002, 4:54 AM
Having run into this myself, I found that doing a quick /status to get the offending user's client number helpful. Then just /clientkick # (where # is their client number) and viola, they're gone.

Originally posted by [KWA]SaVAgE
OK

I got people doing the good old colored names and thats fine, but, when I go to kick a llama and the Llama has colored letters, i can type in there name PERFECTLY and it says player not found.

This is via RCON while I'm playing BTW.
 MatrixCPA
04-22-2002, 3:13 PM
Too bad the status command via rcon doesn't provide a complete list and the server status command has been fubar'd in the win 1.02c binary. Hopefully, it'll get fixed soon.
 thetoll
04-24-2002, 4:49 PM
I have called Lucasarts and tried reading the message boards but still am confused. Since this is a raven game and SOF was a raven game I remember the editing the command line in the exe file but I cant get a server to run to save my ass on here. I was told by the lucas arts people that to turn the DEDICATED SERVER on would mean that you can only spectate and that I had to go through some mombo jombo like the following (The specific UDP ports that Jedi Outcast uses are 28060, 28061, 28062, and 28070 through 28081 (inclusive.)

Can someone give me an idea how to play a store bought copy of this so i can set up a server that IS viewable to others and have them be able to play as well as me. THANKS ALOT FOR ANY AND ALL HELP.
 MatrixCPA
04-24-2002, 6:29 PM
Please reply in the individual thread you started. Thanks. ;)
 ZEROFORCE
05-03-2002, 12:01 PM
I am very new at dealing with the q3 style dedicated servers...I have delt with the HL dedicated server. I am running the server behind an SMC7008ABR router, I do not know if that will make any difference either way...
I can create the dedicated server through the game, but if I do that no one can connect through that internet.
There has been alot of talk about the server.cfg...I tried that is will not exec the file...

I am wondering...I do not mind setting up the server through the game...I just can not figure out how get it such that people from the internet can connect...
Because I am behind a router, I have routed traffic for port 28070 to the servers local IP...I hope that someone can help me...
 MatrixCPA
05-03-2002, 1:40 PM
It helps if you post your problem in its own thread so it can be replied to individually. For the sake of brevity, I'll just ask a few questions here that may help you. When you setup the server using the game GUI, what do you select for "dedicated"? NO, LAN, or Internet? If you choose anything but Internet, then there's a good chance your server won't be listed in the master server list--of course, if you choose Internet or LAN then you can't play the game without starting up a separate instance of the game.

Has anyone tried to connect to the server via the ip address? If they can connect by ip but the server is not in the list, then it could just be a matter of time before it shows up...assuming you have it set as an internet dedicated server (above). If nobody can connect by ip, then you aren't forwarding the right ports or your router is not compatible with the game protocol. According to Raven, you should have the port the server is set to run on (28070 by default) and 28060-28062 (inclusive). Give those things some thought and then post in a new thread if you are still having trouble.
 Drepanon
05-13-2002, 2:19 PM
Originally posted by Dominator
where are you guys putting the "server.cfg"
Cause mine is still not working.. and I don't know what is wrong.

Everything points to the right place. It says it can't find the mpdefault.cfg and the autoexec.cfg

when i add +exec server.cfg it isays it kind find that either

please help.

This may not apply to your problem but, it may help others. It is possible that all the files are in the proper location but are not named with the proper file extension. This can occur if your windows settings are set to hide known file types. The effect is this: you name a file server.cfg but it is actually named server.cfg.txt. Since you are hinding extensions of known file types you do not realize this has happened.

To check this out you will need to open up [Folder Options] from [Tools] menu in My Computer. Once in [Folder Options] select the [Views] tab and select to Display everything available and deselect all HIDE options.

I hope this helps at least one person.

:)
 jmcmike
05-15-2002, 1:17 PM
Now don't get me wrong... I am thankful that I can, if I wish, sort through a myriad of posts and compile my own dedicated server manual/faq. But...

Wouldn't it be nice if if someone, anyone, compiled a *real* dedicated server FAQ? This thread, as well intentioned as it is, is not an FAQ or a HOWTO.

Certainly someone out there has compiled enough information to post a reasonably detailed FAQ/HOWTO for dedicated servers, esp with regards to the available options.

I've been searching for a while for this but can't find it. So before I sit down to spend hours searching this forum and compiling my own documentation, does anyone know of a real FAQ or HOWTO for the dedicated server?

Regards,
Justin McMichael
 MatrixCPA
05-15-2002, 9:58 PM
I've been meaning to fill in the one we have and add those things I get asked a lot. However, it's just not the highest thing on the priority list for the moment. I'll get around to it eventually or someone else will.
 Gustaf777
05-16-2002, 4:50 PM
Jump !
Saber Defend!
Saber Throw!

The rest I want disable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!:mad:
 MatrixCPA
05-17-2002, 4:38 PM
You want to disable saber attack but not saber throw?
 alphamaelstrom
05-31-2002, 9:18 PM
This is suppossedly a complete list of all console commands. Just scroll past the single player cheat codes.

http://akshell.free.fr/jk2/)
 Mazuli
06-02-2002, 12:57 AM
I have a question. Please just answer my question, with no flames. I've read through this faq, looked around, and nothing can answer it. I don't care how stupid the question is, I just want it answered please!

How do I make my dedicated server work so people NOT in my LAN can connect to it? It always just sets it as LAN. I have 2 computers, and my other comp only sees it listed on Local, and none of my friends can connect.

Please help.
 MatrixCPA
06-02-2002, 3:58 AM
Your problem may or may not have a simple solution. Are your friends using you ip address to connect? Or is the problem that it doesn't show up in the server list? Are you behind a firewall/router? If so, have you forwarded all the ncessary ports? Are you running the dedicated server binary or the mp game to host the server? If the former, what's your command line and config look like? If the later, are you setting it up as dedicated in the setup screen?
 Mazuli
06-02-2002, 4:14 AM
Originally posted by MatrixCPA
Your problem may or may not have a simple solution. Are your friends using you ip address to connect? Or is the problem that it doesn't show up in the server list? Are you behind a firewall/router? If so, have you forwarded all the ncessary ports? Are you running the dedicated server binary or the mp game to host the server? If the former, what's your command line and config look like? If the later, are you setting it up as dedicated in the setup screen?

So there is no straight answer? Lame, I'll just join empty servers and have my friends join...
At least on counterstrike it was easy. Just create the server with in game instructions, and it's done. I'm not gonna bother and do all this work just for a server.
 Jedi Ginn
06-03-2002, 2:31 PM
Mazuli, if you are behind a firewall you have to find out what your external IP address is so that people can connect to you, you also have to make sure that you choose Internet as the server option when your creating it, default its Lan, and will only show up on your Local area network.

I had an issue where my firewall won't let anyone go threw it so i had to disconnect it, I am running my server from work now on a dedicated T1, cause its the only option i have seeing as I need all 3 of my PCs at home to connect.

Counterstike seemed easy, thats just cause it did everything behind the scenes, and it uses ports that are already open on your router most likely. Doing a tad more research might find your answer.

~Jedi Ginn
 Mazuli
06-04-2002, 1:10 AM
Well now it shows up on the list for me and other players. Only problem is I'm the only one who can connect. Other people try to join and end up lagging out. So I know it's being listed. Why can't others connect?
 MatrixCPA
06-04-2002, 4:32 AM
Do they actually get all the way in and then lag out? Or are they not able to get fully connected? If it's the later, you might check a couple of things. First, make sure they are updated to 1.03 if your server is also updated and vice versa. You might also check to see what you have sv_timeout set to be. If it's low, say below 60, then I'd increase it up to 120. If it's the former, I'd be curious if you are connected first/also. If so, try letting them connect without you. Then, when you connect, if it goes to hell, then you know that it's a rate problem between the server and you as a local client.
 Jedi Ginn
06-04-2002, 2:39 PM
Another thing i found, I run my dedicated as a Pure Server, and when someone connects to it with "unpure" pk3s, it tells the client that Server Disconnected right after loading everything, but in my console it tells me that they were disconnected due to "unpure" pk3. Instance, I can't use the spiderman skin, cause its "unpure"(about 3 hours of taking out all my skins and then putting 1 back in, loading the game and seeing what happens)

Something else to look at is router settings. You have the option to set up ACLs on your ports for incomming and outgoing packets. In other words, you can say let ports 208070 - 300000 out, but you never said to let them in, that would explain why your showing up on the primary server for people to connect, but when they try they can't. I still have issues with my Netgear router RT311, I can't use it cause if the issue, its built in to not let any normal ports into my LAN, and i can't turn it off
 Mazuli
06-04-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by MatrixCPA
Do they actually get all the way in and then lag out? Or are they not able to get fully connected? If it's the later, you might check a couple of things. First, make sure they are updated to 1.03 if your server is also updated and vice versa. You might also check to see what you have sv_timeout set to be. If it's low, say below 60, then I'd increase it up to 120. If it's the former, I'd be curious if you are connected first/also. If so, try letting them connect without you. Then, when you connect, if it goes to hell, then you know that it's a rate problem between the server and you as a local client.

I am using 1.03. It shows up on the list for me and my friends. I can only join it through local (I read somewhere that that is supposed to happen). They sit there for up to 5 min, with -1 ping, which means they are trying to connect. I tested this with 2 different friends of mine, both have 1.03. Neither could connect. So it isn't the timeout setting, and it isn't the version. I think my problem might be that my IP is 192.168.1.100 (linksys network IP). I deleted the line for the IP on the jk2mpconfig.cfg and then ran the dedicated server twice (to set it back to default) because I read that I should do that. When I set my IP to the other 2 ((my DNS, which doesn't show up to anyone but me when I look at DNS settings) and my "I.P." (I say that in quotes because it's not really my IP, but it's the IP others see due to my router (which I couldn't figure out how to remove), like at www.whatismyipaddress.com), it doesn't work.
 Jedi Ginn
06-05-2002, 10:48 AM
assuming your using a BEFSR41 Cable/DSL Router from linksys
your router's IP address is(should be) 192.168.1.100. so http into it and do some of the things below

Q. How can I play internet games (i.e. Ages of empire) with the router?
A: Enable DMZ in “Advanced Features” of the web configuration screen. For example, if your computer’s IP address is 192.168.1.102, enter the last three digits, or “102”, in the DMZ field. You may also try using the port forwarding option instead of using DMZ.

DMZ Host (this would be your JK2 Server)
The DMZ Host setting allows one local user to be exposed to the Internet to use a special-purpose service such as Internet gaming or Video-conferencing. To expose one computer, enter the computer’s IP address and click the Apply button. Inactivate DMZ by entering a zero (0).

Forwarding
Port forwarding sets up public services on your network. When users from the Internet make certain requests of your network, the router will forward those requests to the appropriate computer. The router's DHCP function must be disabled to use Forwarding. Forwarding is generally used to set up a webserver, ftp server, or e-mail server on your network.

~To add a server using Forwarding:
Enter the port number used by the server. On the same line, enter the IP Address of the server that you want the Internet users to be able to access.
Configure as many entries as you would like until all of the link entries are filled.
Click the Apply to save the settings
 anshao
06-17-2002, 1:44 AM
Hi!
I need help since I want to run a dedicated server, but when I try to join my server, I can't find it! I'm using only one pc, but someone said to me it's possible to do so...
Any idea?:confused:
 greydog
06-17-2002, 3:39 AM
i got a quick question

i have a dedicated dueling server:
athlon xp 1800+
512mb pc2100 ram
windows 2k

i have everything configured to the best of my knowledge but at odd times the server just crashes and turns off. anyone know whats wrong and how i can fix thix? thanks...

p.s. the server is 24.27.65.96 www.skool-daze.org)
 humble48
06-19-2002, 1:57 AM
I have the same problem that has been mentioned here. I have set my server up in the DMZ of my linksys router. I see it listed on the internet servers screen on another computer in my LAN. People from the internet connect, but get disconnected after about 60 seconds or so. If I connect to my server from my other computer, the ping rates of other people fluctuate rapidly (from -1 to 300+) then they disappear.

I have built the server on both Windows 2000 Server and XP Professional and both perform the same. The computer is a 1.5GHz w/256 MB RAM. The performance monitor only sees 0.05% network utilization and only 10-20% processor utilization.

Is the cable connection not fast enough for dedicating?
Do I need to forward the requests AS WELL as put the computer in the linksys DMZ?
Is the linksys router causing the delay?

Any help would be appreciated in this matter. Thanks.

Humble
 Sn1PeR
06-21-2002, 1:32 PM
Internet people get kicked every 60 secs or so on a Linksys router if you are using DHCP to assign ip's, turn that off and try it - if you still have problems, get the latest firmware, other than that I don't know :(
 Valadon
06-24-2002, 9:45 AM
Whats the command to change the map in the game?
 humble48
06-24-2002, 11:10 PM
That sounds like a sound idea. I will statically assign the address then. I also moved from putting the server in the DMZ to just forwarding the requests and that already works better.

I'm also trying that Jedi Runner application to perform the run, but I think that may cause more problems than needed. It does however, set up some options that are beneficial to use. On the other hand, I think it sets some things up that don't need to be bothered with.

Just my two cents. Thanks for your help...I'll try the static address.

Humble
 Supers
06-30-2002, 2:43 PM
Can someone give me all the steps they did into getting a dedicated server work?If so please reply or e-mail me at ssjedimaster@yahoo.com!
 tierny
07-05-2002, 3:30 PM
Hi peeps

I have been trying a week to set up a dedicated server and used one of the simpler .cfg's at the beginning of this thread. I first tried it with the jkmp.exe and set dedicated and exec server.cfg.
I could scroll back and see it had exec'd server.cfg but then it seems to restart again using the jkmpserver.cfg? and if i use the jkDed.exe with the same command lines it just sits there after the exec command and doesnt do anything. Also trying both ways I get a lot of 'hitch warnings ??????ms' what are they? I couldnt see them mentioned anywhere here, but going to read through this thread again now

thanks for any help in advance
 tierny
07-05-2002, 5:40 PM
okay I managed to get it going now dont know how, but cannot understand what the Hitch warnings mean?
 vertigo013
07-06-2002, 4:44 AM
everything's fine until i reach "Sending heartbeat to masterjk2.ravensoft.com", then nothing happens for a long time. i am thoroughly confused and completely unfamiliar w/ any part of this process, so...? what's goin on???
Page: 2 of 3