Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Rise of the New Empire - my proposed campaign

Page: 1 of 1
 Kudar
11-15-2001, 9:05 AM
I'm thinking of a Campaign along these lines, here is a rough outline of the story behind it, I'm planning some first draft scenarios at the moment. I'm not going to go into plot detail as I think that should come with the scenarios and would make them more interesting if you didn't know what was going to happen in advance. :)

Rise of the New Empire.

Setting: It is almost 2 years after the death of Palpatine & Vader and the subsequent downfall of the Empire.

The Rebel Alliance, having freed the galaxy from the rule of the Empire are trying to establish themselves as the governing body in the galaxy. The death of the Empire has seen many planets liberated, and offer their support of the proposed New Republic. Some however, particularly those that worked with and for the Empire have been wary of the new setup, though none have opposed them and all have joined them..................until now!

Princess Leia Organa along with Han Solo and his Wookie companion Chewbacca have been at the forefront of restoring order to liberated planets, by helping to restore governments and bringing aid workers to help rebuild shattered economies. There journey has taken them to the peaceful planet of Hovbahn II, a planet originally in Empire control which was ravaged due to the rich supplies of natural substances such Ore, Carbon, Nova and the vast wildlife that made for food that the Empire was able to harvest and steal. Leaving a planet that though rich in nutrients would have to rebuild it's mining and farming operations that the imperial troops saw fit to destory before fleeing. In principal it seemed straight forward, go down, discuss with the leaders proposals for bringing them into the New Republic and help restore the planet to its former self, but some of the original Governers and Senate of Hovbahn II had something else in mind.....

Feedback and ideas most welcome.
 Paragon_Leon
11-15-2001, 9:09 AM
Very, very, VERY interesting setting in terms of timeline etc.
Why not have that campaign played out from the Empire's point of view ? That way you start with little, and have to work to re-establish an Empire.
 Kudar
11-15-2001, 9:17 AM
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon
Very, very, VERY interesting setting in terms of timeline etc.
Why not have that campaign played out from the Empire's point of view ? That way you start with little, and have to work to re-establish an Empire.

I'll tell you why ;), because everything is not revealed in this plot outline, let's just say once it gets going, The New Empire could quickly become a force to be reckoned with.

However, without trying to be too ambitious I hoping that I will be able to create seperate campaigns for the same story, to play out from either side, but the empire side will have to wait until I get this done :)
 Kudar
11-16-2001, 9:47 AM
I've made changes to the original post at the top of the thread.

This is my rough draft for the first 2 scenarios in the campaign

Scenario 1: Road to Hov Central
You begin at the Millenium Falcon, with Chewbacca and 20 troopers. a party of men from Hov Central appear and bring news of the capture of Leia and Solo.

Objectives:

* Chewbacca, Han & Leia must survive

* Find the location of Han & Leia

* Disable the power cores to unlock the gate to free them

* Find and rendezvous with Senator Ipkrid and discover what is going on.

- This scenario will not be a blood fest, instead it should be a fairly quick exercise to iniate the storyline, warfare will be minimal in favour of an RPG style allowing interaction with characters, this is due to the stalemate of both sides "pretending" to be allies until they figure out what is happening.

Scenario 2: Securing Vonbatta
(After you know what is going on, and by whom) Senator Ipkrid has taken you to the city of Vonbatta, rumours are rife that it is the next city to be targetted for control by (can't give it all away ;) )

Inital Objectives

* Restore Vonbattas economy (mining operations, farms)

* Safe guard valuable buildings

* Defeat the incoming enemy

*all subject to change due to non completion, laziness, drinking or finding it too difficult :D
 chrisw_30
11-17-2001, 11:56 AM
Sounds good...once you make it send it to me.....please
 Gungan_Reble
11-18-2001, 1:51 PM
Kud'ar Mub'at
this sounds great and it is just the sort of thing
I was hopeing for when I first came to these
hallowed bord's all the guy's in hear are so
freindly and enthusiastic about the game
I wish you well in this campaign you are
doing and hope to get it off you when it is done :gungan:
 Kudar
11-19-2001, 9:13 AM

I get the game on Friday, so I'll spent a couple of days playing it, maybe more, I'll finish the outline to the scenarios by the end of this week probably and be ready to start by next weekend, I'd get on better if I could use the editor in a neat little window on my screen so that I could create while the boss is out ;). unfortunately I'll have to make do with a couple of hours a night and the weekends :( - expect a Christmas release.
 chrisw_30
11-19-2001, 11:07 AM
ok...cool....ill be waiting
 Gungan_Reble
11-19-2001, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Kudar

I get the game on Friday, so I'll spent a couple of days playing it, maybe more, I'll finish the outline to the scenarios by the end of this week probably and be ready to start by next weekend, I'd get on better if I could use the editor in a neat little window on my screen so that I could create while the boss is out ;). unfortunately I'll have to make do with a couple of hours a night and the weekends :( - expect a Christmas release.

Cant wate to get it of you it sounds great roll on christmas;)
Page: 1 of 1