Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Will so few civilisations stifle scenario production?

Page: 1 of 1
 Kudar
11-15-2001, 6:51 AM
With only 6 civs are we set to see a heap of scenarios in all too similar vains, many people have expressed interest in recreating sections of the movies.

What about non-linear scenarios, our own expanded universe? Will you the player accept storylines that don't fit into the Star Wars mould? Will you accept the likes of the Gungans being called something else in Scenarios set after the films? or the Naboo being evil?

I wonder because today I was sketching out a possible scenario for after the RotJ and began to wonder how limited we are in our scenario creation due to a lack of civilisations, maybe they can release a civs pack to use with the scenario editor.
 Clefo
11-15-2001, 7:57 AM
Heh the Naboo being evil, that was my idea :D

And no I don't think so, Any scenerio you make dosen't have to fit in snugly with continuity.. and there are a lot of toybox units you can use
 chrisw_30
11-17-2001, 12:02 PM
I think people will make scenarios whichever way they please....regardless of whether the empire turns good, the naboo become bad etc
 ReaperFett
11-17-2001, 1:38 PM
Rebels could in theory be anyone fighting. Planetary defense, pirates etc
 chrisw_30
11-17-2001, 2:09 PM
exactly....anyone onto anyone...
 Gungan_Reble
11-17-2001, 4:24 PM
I dont think it really matters if the civ's are swopped around,
or the original story lines followed, ase long ase the scn's are
fun to play.you are right about the number of civ's though,
perhaps later on they will introduce more giv's :gungan:
 DarkTrooper
11-18-2001, 2:06 PM
some scn's are good but not fun. like i played this one for AOK it was super archer bloodfest. it was when u had a whole bunch of archers and tried to destroy the enemys castle the only prob was that the other teams archers kept coming back. oh and u also got 1 battering ram
 WC_heavyarms
11-18-2001, 9:47 PM
In the scenario editor, you can make anything into anything! Keep that in mind when thinking of an idea!
Page: 1 of 1