Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Here are two sketchs I made @ school for JK2

Page: 1 of 1
 MustangMatt302
03-14-2002, 6:24 PM
I was bored during German 2 and Seminar, so I decided to put my Star Wars concept art to work. Any feedback would be nice. I was just messing around and thinking about JK2 at school all day. Tell me what you think and if anybody wants to model them onto anything or whatever. This was my very first concept anything. :D

My JK2 Concept Head for a new kind of Trooper or a new Bounty Hunter:
http://sunsap.home.mindspring.com/conceptJK2head.jpg)

My JK2 Concept Body Model for anything:
http://sunsap.home.mindspring.com/SOPTrooper.jpg)

P.S. If anybody needs my concept art "abilities" for a MOD or TC, I am open for your hire.
 MustangMatt302
03-15-2002, 8:39 AM
Come on people. I need feedback and stuff, please.
 BlackDragon
03-15-2002, 8:52 AM
Pretty good. Keep doing it!

Personally I don't think the helmet needs the Boba Fett sensor thing.

Why not try some different views to give an idea about what it looks like from the side, rear etc. Action poses too?
 MustangMatt302
03-15-2002, 8:55 AM
THANK GOD. Someone has finally posted. You really think it is good? Can you help me with the Boba Fett Sensor thing? :fett:
 MustangMatt302
03-15-2002, 7:32 PM
Here is a side view of the JK2 concept head model:

http://sunsap.home.mindspring.com/conceptJK2headSV.jpg)

It took me about 10 mins. My sister said it looked really good. She is an artist by nature.

:D
 BlackDragon
03-19-2002, 11:30 AM
Pretty good.

Suggestions;

If the character is human, then consider the proportions of the head. Eyes on a human head are central, so you want to lower the goggle on the hemet to reflect the position on the head. Tip is to get an anatomically correct picture of a head (you may be able to find one on the net) and use it as a template to draw your helmet around.

If the character is an alien, don't worry about it. He could have a flat head!

What help do you need with the sensor?
 MustangMatt302
03-19-2002, 12:57 PM
I was thinking of Boba Fett's helmet and some pictures inside my head when I drew those. I'm just getting across the looks of the concept art, hoping that someone will find it and model it. I think "he" would turn out, looking really tight ass looking.

:jango:
 Mayor McCheese
04-02-2002, 1:29 PM
lol....umm sorry...how old are you? I mean...those drawings are really good for like....a six year old... sorry, just abusing my right to free speech...
 SkyNet
04-02-2002, 1:57 PM
STFU mcheese... whatever age he is those look good and I myself can draw really good.
 Jedi-Kemp
04-02-2002, 2:11 PM
Originally posted by Mayor McCheese
lol....umm sorry...how old are you? I mean...those drawings are really good for like....a six year old... sorry, just abusing my right to free speech...

WTF You should not flame someone who spends time giving ideas and asking for feedback, I say if you don't have nothing nice to say don't say it. Not everyone is a super artist and besides it is a sketch not a Super wonderfull drawing that he spent hours doing.

What matters is someone posted a model for others to make somthing out of and give idea's maybe an exact replica of his model.

These are things me and others like to see in a community idea's and drawings to help some of us be more creative in our work don't flame every person because he has an idea or is not a super artist. Give the guy a break and don't say nothing if you don't like it.

Oh BTW I may make somthing on that basis I will post it up here if I do :)

Keep up the good work never let people put you down at least your doing somthing for the community unlike this flamer Mayor McCheese :o
 SkataN
04-02-2002, 2:13 PM
"P.S. If anybody needs my concept art "abilities" for a MOD or TC, I am open for your hire."

you were being sarcastic right?
 Mayco
04-02-2002, 2:25 PM

Here, here.
 GreyWing
04-02-2002, 4:31 PM
WTF You should not flame someone who spends time giving ideas
Dude he wasn't flaming anyone, YOU ARE. He's giving an honest opinion which is what the original poster was asking for. And honestly those drawings do look like a six year old drew them, sorry if that hurts your feelings, but they do.
Super wonderfull
Hey, no wonder why you're so adamant about defending crayola boy, you're both six year olds! He can't draw and you can't spell, you'd make a cute couple :D
. Give the guy a break and don't say nothing if you don't like it.
Are you retarded? The guy asked what people thought about it. Here, I'll quote him for you since it's obvious the Ritalin hasn't kicked in.
Any feedback would be nice.
Notice the word ANY, do you know what the word ANY means?
 DarthFreak
04-02-2002, 5:20 PM
Cool concepts, man! Keep 'em coming!
Btw you write much better than me.. sithspit..
 SkyNet
04-02-2002, 10:03 PM
grey wing and mcchesse should **** off. If you dont have anything nice to say then get lost!
 Mayor McCheese
04-03-2002, 1:48 PM
Yeah ! He did say ANY feedback... I'm just voicing my opinion

Seriously though... if you are a six year old, good for you!

...but if you're any older than six.............lol

by the way, this kid had almost no feedback before I showed up....he should be thanking me for my brutally honest opinion...

p.s. Skynet...I'd like to see some of your "really good" artwork and I'll show you some of my crappy art
 B0MBER II
04-03-2002, 1:53 PM
get oput of here you POS
 Mayor McCheese
04-03-2002, 2:09 PM
POS? why do all you computer geeks use code? are you just too damn lazy to write it all out? or can you just not spell?
 MustangMatt302
04-03-2002, 10:41 PM
Man, I never thought I would get replies almost 3 weeks later than it was originally posted. I never meant for a war to start. And yes....those aren't my skills....I have better skills like:

1) kicking ass and taking names in soccer
2) kicking ass 24/7 to those I hate and those whom hate me
3) making an "old car" into a masterpiece :D
 Mayor McCheese
04-04-2002, 1:05 AM
so... you're six right?

old cars huh, is Revell still making those old model kits?
 Davhowell
04-04-2002, 2:00 AM
:newbie: :wstupid: well im 12 and can draw stuff way better than that but those drawings are nice mccheese and that other guy are prolly jealous
 Mayor McCheese
04-06-2002, 9:56 AM
Well either you're all really nice and don't realize that without making a few comments he's not gonna get any better.

Or your all just dumb, cause this kid has a long way to go before he should be postin' his pic's on the net.

p.s. I see skynet hasn't replied, I wanna see some of his "really good drawings" , although I'm starting to doubt if they exist.
 Nephand
04-06-2002, 10:07 AM
I think he's in the early stages of becoming a decent artist.

Just keep drawing...a lot. Keep reference material of drawings or even one of those funny little wooden doll things, they're always good for reference / making into silly shapes when you get bored.

I remember drawing like that....and I'm not much better now, but not tried in a long long time.

Anyway, it's not what's on paper that matters to us, it's what you make it look like in the game :)

Happy Editing :ewok:
 NetStalker
04-06-2002, 12:12 PM
well let me weigh in here.

First of all Cheese is just an internet troll, don't feed him.

I guess he doesn't understand what concept art is, but that is ok. Mustang some of the concept art by the people at ILM have 0 artistic skill and are just made to give a rough outline or idea to the team. Your sketchs , while not the best looking artistically , give a great idea of what you were going for.

I can draw very well, and I would never flame that for what it is. Like I stated before, the ideas seem pretty cool, and stop feeding trolls.
 Vorax
04-06-2002, 1:11 PM
Geez... Come on Cheese this guy is trying. Ya, it's not great but it is sufficient for his purpose.

So you know, the point of concept art is not to be perfect, it is to convey ideas. Not everyone is an artist. Do you do any art or skinning or mapping or anything other then just being insulting?

Until you post something of your own, lay off...with the 6 year old comments.

Oh and about the acrynoms, they are used as short form by experienced internet users...it takes a bit of practice and a broad vocabulary, but you will catch on. Just try and think about the acrynom, concentrate and take deep breaths. Its easy once your vocab progresses beyond a grade 3 level.

(see... anyone can be condescending if they want... But it's not very nice is it)

- Vorax
 FWB
04-06-2002, 1:45 PM
Can anyone say Ubermensch? :)

Honestly? I don't think it is anything particularly good, but hey, it is more than I'm doing. Sorry, I don't want want to sound nasty or anything, I'm just trying to give feedback.
 headtrip
04-06-2002, 2:07 PM
hey dont let anyone get you down... like someone said in a past post, you have a good amount of potential to become a good artist.
i might suggest that you look at some online tutorials so you can really get the most possible out of the time you put in to these drawings. this link is to a pretty comprehensive anime drawing tutorial, and even if anime isnt what you like to draw, some of the stuff can be applied to traditional style drawing as well.
http://polykarbon.com/)
keep at it and you will become a good artist, as all it takes is time and patience
 MustangMatt302
04-06-2002, 5:28 PM
Don't be alarmed when my 1968 302 4V Posi-Trac 4 Speed Acapulco Blue Mustang isn't hunkering down on your head during the middle of the night, Cheese.

scofield
04-06-2002, 8:25 PM
your drawing is better than anything i can do, i think my 6 months old kid would draw better than me, but i saw its a special ops trooper, since everything revolves around it in the empire, i suggest maybe ''building" your trooper around a stormtrooper model, cause every troop in the empire resemble this one, but make it look a lot nastier than a normal stormtrooper.

excuse my poor english im french-canadian and trying to use a language that is useful!!!
 Joruus
04-07-2002, 8:37 AM
Originally posted by MustangMatt302
Don't be alarmed when my 1968 302 4V Posi-Trac 4 Speed Acapulco Blue Mustang isn't hunkering down on your head during the middle of the night, Cheese.

You gotta be old enough to drive first :laughing:

Honestly. Take some art classes in school before you start scanning your spiral notebook doodles and asking people what they think.

I'm all for being nice, but a little honesty never killed anyone, IN FACT...its stopped alot of talentless blonde bimbos from going to HollyWood to become "actresses", hrrrm well maybe not as many as it should have...but thats beside the point.

You've got a rudimentary ability to apparently CHISEL 2 dimensional images into a piece of paper with a pencil. But what you've shown us here shows no real talent for art, just about the same ability any other bored talentless kid in 4th period math has to doodle away the hour.

So, beyond all the people blowing smoke up your ass, and other people flaming you. Heres my suggestion? Do you like to draw? Then do it more often, take some classes, learn depth and perspective and how to apply shading.

Because honestly bro, the two pictures you put up look like something one of my sisters kids would scrawl on a wall with a crayon.
 Mayor McCheese
04-08-2002, 10:34 PM
Well this has all been very entertaining, truth be known this was the first time I'd even posted on a forum and I expected to get *****ed at about my comment from the very start.

Quite interesting knowing some people agreed with me. As for Netstalker's comment about me being an internet troll of some kind... He's right, in a way... My only goal was to "flame" the kid and be an all around ass.

Why you may ask would i do such a thing?

It was fun! Thank you all for entertaining me with your comments!
 Vorax
04-08-2002, 10:49 PM
Well this has all been very entertaining, truth be known this was the first time I'd even posted on a forum and I expected to get *****ed at about my comment from the very start.

Quite interesting knowing some people agreed with me. As for Netstalker's comment about me being an internet troll of some kind... He's right, in a way... My only goal was to "flame" the kid and be an all around ass.

Why you may ask would i do such a thing?

It was fun! Thank you all for entertaining me with your comments!

Interesting. Hmmm... Blatant exmaple of anti-social behavior. Degrading someone for your own amusment without guilt.

It could also be a hormone problem typically seen in the early teens. Most children grow out of that by age 15 it settles as you mature through the final stages of puberty. I hope you are < 15. If not perhaps you should think about your behavior and how it affects others.

If you truly are a sociapath and do really just enjoy this kinda patronizing behaviour, please find some other board to frequent.

If it was a joke and you do feel kinda bad for hurting this guys feelings, think about my comment next time you get the urge to degrade.

- Vorax
 TheJackal
04-08-2002, 11:23 PM
Cool it everybody here.

Mustang, dont be too insulted by these guys. There are too used to the quality stuff LucasArts releases.

But just as a heads up, the art industries are very demanding. Here is a drawing I did that I think is quite decent. It's a basic robot-like human skeleton.

I was told by a teacher that I need a LOT more practice. Just to give everybody an idea.

if i see any more flamming I'll close this thread for good.
 Cognito
04-09-2002, 12:11 AM
For chist's sake BUMP.
please BUMP.
We get it, some people are nice and others use the faceless guise of the net to act tough because of some sort of issue they have!
oh yeah,
just mellow out people.
 Vorax
04-09-2002, 12:15 AM
I was just giving the Cheese guy a taste of his own medicine. The comments he made were sucky. The guy wasn't trying to be an artist, he was a non-artist trying to convey an idea. The other guy knew that and was picking at him for 'fun'. Not very nice fun.

BTW: Bump is not used to get rid of a thread, it's used to bring it back from the dead! ;) If you bump, you are bringing the message back up the post list.

- Vorax
 Cognito
04-09-2002, 12:18 AM
lol, im stoned as hell right now. lol
dont know where my head is, nevermind, continue your thread or not. whatever. blah blah blah

anyway, ty to anyone who does anything to add to this game.

i just play the games, im clueless to these message board things and programming games and everything.
 Mayor McCheese
04-10-2002, 12:43 AM
okay... a taste of my own medicine?

I could care less what any of you say or think about me or my opinion, I think the idea of someone actualy getting offended or "hurt" by the comments or insults of a faceless entity on the internet is sad.

If I did offend Matt or anyone else here... too freakin' bad you little pussies. Get a life and stop *****ing about my rude comments.

This is exactly the kind of thing I find entertaining about flaming someone on the net...
 Roach604
04-10-2002, 3:04 AM
While I beleive in positive reinforcement, I have to agree with McCheese TO A DEGREE. I appreciate the time Mustang spent on these, but they aren't great. Crudely rendered figures do not a concept make. Hell, as an artist, I appreciate criticism much more than praise... not that I don't like people enjoying my work, but "looks good" gives me nothing to improve on.

What I don't agree with is McCheese's hiding behind hte anonymity of the internet. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU SAY. Your mentality leads to those damn spawn campers/lamers/tk'ers in every FPS/RPG out there.

Offering your help do concepts for a mod/tc was a bit much though... I little conceited, should I say, given your talent. Hell, I'm no where near concept level drawing... and TheJackel's right, the art industry IS demanding. I've still got a long way to go...
http://www3.telus.net/tnoone/thegirls.jpg)
http://www3.telus.net/tnoone/boarderchick.jpg)
http://www3.telus.net/tnoone/liz.jpg)
 Vorax
04-10-2002, 9:52 AM
Ok McCheese, if trying to insulting people on the net gets your rocks off, go for it. While we have amused you, you too have been quite amusing. I haven't seen such a bully mentality in over 15 years since I finished junior high. I here by back up McCheese in his quest for entertainment. Bully mentality is a deep seeded thing that revolves around a low self-esteem. Some people just can't feel good without making others feel bad. Guys that do it on the internet usually just do it because they feel inadequate and incapable of doing it in real life. They are kinda the wimp bullies. In real life, they tend to be the scrawney or chicken s*it guys that backed up another bully because they fear they would get their a*s kicked without him. Kudos and good luck to you. I am amused. BTW: Don't get insulted or we all know what your real intention was.
 Mayor McCheese
04-10-2002, 9:25 PM
Hey, in response to Roach604's comment... I hate those spawn campers and tk'ers too, and I agree with your statement. And good work, you've got talent.

As for Vorax's last post... makes sense, I suppose my comments have seemed quite juvenile.

Sorry bout that guys, heh heh
 Vorax
04-11-2002, 11:12 AM
Very cool McCheese :thumbsup:

Glad you got the point. Now, I will shut up also ;)

:monkey4:

I love these icons...hehehe

- Vorax
 Jedi-Kemp
04-11-2002, 3:25 PM
Finally maybe everyone can have <3 for each other now :)
 Forhekset
04-11-2002, 5:24 PM
Hey Roach...nice stuff.

MustangMatt...no offense, but those doodles aren't anything special and to be honest with you they look awful. I would imagine a whole lot of other bored kids have felt the need to scribble in their notebooks; however most of them don't post their scribbles on the Net and then offer themselves to the world as "concept artists". :rolleyes:

Like I said though, no offense intended. Just an honest opinion.
 Mayor McCheese
04-11-2002, 11:05 PM
Hey Vorax! that monkey is kickass! how'd you do that?
 ShogunBlade
04-12-2002, 12:10 AM
first off.. people.. look.. it was a "sketch" it was not a freekin rendering of the cistine chapel.. mccheese or what ever your name is grow up.. you callously bashed people on the forum for your own amusement as you said, however you then said later down the post that you didnt care what people said about you.. now if that were true why reply to any post?.. Matt keep drawing hommie it gets better.. they looked good enough and in my art class i seen worse by people with degrees.. anyway before i sign off this thread i have to say that the "flaming" is gay.. and im surprised a moderater didnt actually cut the posts made by the individuals that posted them.. i am irked because well.. not everyone is a picasso.. and im thinking mccheese probably finds this attention to his liking because he got none from his parents.. well that is all i have to say and matt.. when they release a model editor for this game.. ((and i hope its soon)) ill make your model and skin just for you!
 EKM
04-12-2002, 12:16 AM
I'm sorry to say it, but those sketches ARE pretty bad. The concept is obvious, and it's interesting (although rather Fett-ish), but the drawings themselves are not of a quality that should be posted on the internet and offered to mod teams and such for conceptual work. Keep trying man, you'll get better.
Page: 1 of 1