Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

ads

Page: 1 of 1
 DeathBoLT
03-14-2002, 3:59 PM
OK, I understand the need for money, and an ad or two on each page is alright.

But when I'm getting multiple popups when I access the forums.. well, thats pushing it and I'm getting ready to find another jo community that cares a little more about quality and ease of accessing the site.
 Swoosh
03-14-2002, 4:35 PM
We too get irritated by the ads, but it's an unforetunate reality that we have to keep the ads going in order to pay for our server and pay for new ones we need. In fact, without the ads the page would be a lot harder to access because it wouldn't be up as much as it is! Hopefully the ad market will continue to improve and we can use less advertisements, but until then, the ads are gonna have to stay around. We definitely understand your concern and don't worry, we get sick of them too...they load up for us everytime we come to the page as well.

Swoosh
 Krayt Tion
03-14-2002, 6:20 PM
Aye, I second Swoosh's comments here. I dont know any staff member that enjoys any aspect of those pop up adds... except GUNNER, who enjoys gratuitous shots of cleavage. :c3po: But he's an XWAer. ;)
 digl
03-14-2002, 7:29 PM
Originally posted by Krayt Tion
... except GUNNER, who enjoys gratuitous shots of cleavage. :c3po: But he's an XWAer. ;)
:lol:
 Agen
03-15-2002, 3:45 PM
I understand but if there was anyway you could get rid of the side ads cos they're getting really annoying now... jsut move thme to somewhere else liek the bottom. :)
 RiseForth
03-20-2002, 9:37 PM
Whatever you guys have to do to keep this site running, I'm all for it!

RiseForth
 TUS_Tomcat
03-21-2002, 1:16 AM
Do you guys get more money for the servers if i actually click them?
 De_Slipper
03-21-2002, 2:16 PM
I Think Slipper Vogels has to slipper instead of this Vogels:D
 ChrisC3po
03-21-2002, 2:39 PM
Originally posted by TUS_Tomcat
Do you guys get more money for the servers if i actually click them?

Not directly, but if we have a high click thru rate we get higher paying ads.
Page: 1 of 1