Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Becoming a Jedi

Page: 1 of 1
 Eternal Jedi
03-12-2002, 7:45 PM
I hear people saying that its going to be extremely difficult to become a Jedi. I want a straight-foward answer: How Hard? What is the jist of what you have to do?

Thanks
Eternal Jedi :saberb:
 Com Raven
03-13-2002, 10:19 AM
Well, do not really decide thatz you become one, but the game somehow does....

Infos tba....
 MikeC
03-13-2002, 6:33 PM
The answer is VERY hard. They want to keep the Jedi population very small. :slsaber:

There is no process to give you. It is unique every time. The game's developers have said a path will only be available once and then change. We don't know any specifics yet on just what the process will be.
 Com Raven
03-14-2002, 6:24 AM
Yup, they're afraid that the paths would be abused otherwise....
 Wraith 8
03-14-2002, 10:43 AM
and i dont want to become a Jedi...... cause people will always want to battle Jedi..... i mean it would be cool to be one.... but.... nah.....

BTW.. are you abel to purchase or make a Lightsaber??
 Com Raven
03-14-2002, 11:35 AM
Jedi can make lightsaber, and they can sell them, but:

-non-jedi won't be abale to use them very well
-a jedi fights much better with his custom saber....
 Wraith 8
03-14-2002, 4:57 PM
yeah i know... it would just be cool to have a saber like i always have in my RPG's :D so that is why i asked :)
 Woad
03-16-2002, 1:17 AM
I wonder if they will let saber colors be customizable.....
 Wraith 8
03-16-2002, 9:31 AM
I think they will.... cause if you are a jedi and make your own saber.... you have to put in a cristal... and that cristal has a color and that is the color it will be.
 Com Raven
03-18-2002, 11:58 AM
As he said...
 Wraith 8
03-18-2002, 6:06 PM
:confused: are you talking to me??
 Com Raven
03-20-2002, 7:58 AM
In fact, I even agreed wit you...
 Wraith 8
03-21-2002, 4:38 PM
Ah... that explains a lot :D. wouldnt it be cool to have your own saber? man... oh wel...... you cant have every thing!
 Com Raven
04-02-2002, 8:36 AM
I can't....

sniff, why didn't you tell me before I bought my private russian mercenary army ?? :D
 Wraith 8
04-04-2002, 4:46 AM
well i already have a trandoshian bodyguard :D :D
 Com Raven
04-04-2002, 7:28 PM
Hah, that fits, a sna[ee]ke guy....
 Wraith 8
04-05-2002, 5:34 AM
watch it Com! :D
 Com Raven
04-11-2002, 4:56 PM
As carefull as possible...:D
 Ishuai
05-04-2002, 9:41 AM
They said that it doesn't matter wether you're a cook in-game, or a good bouny hunter-- everyone will have a chance to become a jedi. It has also been said that the process of *becoming force sensitive* will be different for everyone.
I mentioned force sensitive, because you have to become one before you can train as a Jedi. And the Jedi Profession will take a lot of skill points, so if you do become a Jedi, that's all you'll do. And also, you can't just show off your Jedi skills in public or Vader will capture you and who knows what he'll do...

:emperor: :vadar:
 VIO
05-15-2002, 8:49 PM
does that mean if you fail to make it as a jedi once you can't every get another chance and do you make you chance like get apprenatship of other jedi if its hard then it would suck to only get one chance if so im not wasting my money i want ot become a jedi
 setsuko
05-15-2002, 8:54 PM
With that attitude, it will be even harder. Humbleness and patience, that's the virtues of a jedi. I really think such things will matter in game. The "gimme my lightsaber NOW dammit!" guys will have the hardest time of all to become jedi, I guess.
 Ulic Quel Droma
05-15-2002, 11:06 PM
Agreed
 Lord Helmet
05-15-2002, 11:10 PM
i dont...they won't moniter..scratch that *can't* monitor chatting in the game and that will not as they said affect whethere you can or can NOt become a jedi
 setsuko
05-15-2002, 11:15 PM
logging is possible. Or rather, logging IS. Everything said and done, down to your every coordinate at all time, is logged. That's how they check if you have broken the agreements you sign when you sign up. Thats how they check if you have harassed people when someone reports you of doing so, etc.

Now, that means that if you do something un-jedi, it is very much possible to look in the log if you really did it. No matter if it was an action, or a chat.

And patience means not only acting patience when you have become jedi. It means that you simply won't become one if you are only into instant gratification.
 Gavin
05-19-2002, 9:24 PM
Yes those who desperatly want to become jedi will have quite a tough time if at all any chance at becoming one. Even the dark jedi are patient and smart (to an extent heh) so if your thinknig the dark jedi status will be easier to obtain since they're power hungry than think again! they don't want 12 y/o stereotypical whiny jedi running around pissing everyone off.
 MikeC
05-20-2002, 5:27 PM
Originally posted by Gavin
Yes those who desperatly want to become jedi will have quite a tough time if at all any chance at becoming one. Even the dark jedi are patient and smart (to an extent heh) so if your thinknig the dark jedi status will be easier to obtain since they're power hungry than think again! they don't want 12 y/o stereotypical whiny jedi running around pissing everyone off.
Welcome!

Being a dark jedi will definately not be easier. We know that in SWG you will have to become a Jedi and then fall to become a Dark Jedi.
 JekRendar
05-20-2002, 11:25 PM
Thanks goodness...we won't see any Zabraks with Maul's tattooes and then make Jedi (probably because they cheated, but I won't say anything) and become Dark. Chances are that if you do make Dark, Vader will sense a Disturbance (HINT: "Always two there are a Master and an Apprentice). So, they want to keep the Dark Jedi even lower!
 gavor
05-20-2002, 11:43 PM
Hiya admin people. I have a suggestion. Why not post all our musings and speculation about jedi in a sticky post. It appears to be the most common question by new forum goers and if we put up what we know(and what we speculated wildly about) it should cut down on duplicate questions.

This isn't an effort to stop discussions about jedi, just to cut down the # of times people have to repeat what we've already discussed.
 Wraith 8
05-21-2002, 6:15 AM
youn know.. ilkl search all Jedi Links...... and then we make like our own FAQ about Jedi :D
wil someone help me read all the jedi threads and collect them?
 gavor
05-22-2002, 11:20 PM
Heya Wraith,

I'm in the middle of researching jedi threads right now, thats why i'm in this thread :).
 Wraith 8
05-23-2002, 4:57 AM
ok Gavor.. i have a thread opened in the general discussion..... posts your findings there and i will make a sticky thread there to explain all the Jedi stuff. ok?
Page: 1 of 1