Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Fo-rum-rum-ors

Page: 1 of 1
 iisaac
03-12-2002, 5:47 AM
Infinite Machine had planned to release Sam & Max II as a PC-CDROM title, just as it planned to release New Legends as a PC title. We know that THQ pressured them into making New Legends and XBox game. Since Infinite Machine is suspended and looking for new funding (if you believe the rumrums), it's likely that in the event they find the holy grail and pawn it for some cash, they'll stick with what they know. If Sam & Max II ever leaves the thinktank, it'll come to the PC.

(Jake: Unlike the last rumor, the source who gave me this tidbit is not an employee at Infinite Machine, but a personal friend of the "head monkey".)
 sheaday6
03-12-2002, 9:45 AM
its a win win situation for me, im getting an Xbox.
 Metallus
03-12-2002, 11:14 AM
LEC should give them funding so we'll stop hating them.
 SyntheticGerbil
03-13-2002, 12:13 AM
Now that you mention it Metallus, Lucasarts has inherited a certain low quality status.
 JackTheGaffer
03-13-2002, 1:35 AM
Amen, preach it brother!!!

Originally posted by Metallus
LEC should give them funding so we'll stop hating them.
 Jake
03-13-2002, 5:37 PM
Isaac I want to know where you hear this stuff? Ever since I heard anything about Sam & Max II (or whatever its called) I've heard "next gen consoles." Never once from anyone did I hear PC. ... Of course you could easily be right.
 iisaac
03-14-2002, 4:56 AM
Their site does say next-gen consoles, but I wouldn't trust their site right now, as I got hard info which contradicts a couple of pages on it.

Not naming my sources is a journalistic trait, Jake. I know it doesn't please you, but I've already gone far enough.
 Jake
03-14-2002, 11:04 PM
"Not naming my sources is a journalistic trait, Jake."

Okay Mr. Journalistic Integrity... What on earth do you do when you're not on the forums that makes you so stedfast with your rumor dishing but completely silent with any attempts at validating them? Where do you publish your findings? You're doing nothing but raking muck and it's completely silly, not to mention frustrating.

I've heard too that IM is closing, but even if I remember correctly, before the game was announced or even whispered about in the press I could swear up and down that I heard it was planned for console, not PC. Maybe I'm insane.
 iisaac
03-15-2002, 3:07 AM
I'm in a good mood, Jake. How rare is that! If you don't like it, don't buy it. These are rumors. So far I've counted two of them. One of which is that Infinite Machine "shrunk". You said "a bit", I say significantly to pause operation, and actually I believe we won't see any more games from Infinite Machine. This does not affect anyone 'round these parts, unless someone was thinking of employment at I.M., which means now they'll think twice. If you think I.M. can make it, that's your opinion and it could be wrong. Since I don't have I.M.'s fiscal report I have to rely on personal accounts of I.M.'s status. I've got enough of those since I posted the first rumor. At that time I had two accounts (one from a high rank and the other from a low rank) which were definite and explicit, and now I have a few more which are vague but in no way contradict what I heard.
This rumor, the one which started this thread, was revealed by a friend of Justin Chin, not to me but to another person, and the "event" is documented. This is hardly evidence, but that's what I heard. The only way to put you at ease would be to get a statement directly from I.M., which for lack of journalistic stature and the amount geographic distance, I cannot obtain, and they're not likely to release one on their own accord since the signs of the apocalypse are upon them. Don't worry, though. There are a few major gaming sites that like I.M., and one of them is bound to do a story should they feel something newsworthy is happening. But a small company going out of business or not going out of business doesn't get you headlines.
 samandmaxfiend
03-15-2002, 7:58 AM
hey iisaac do u know why that has happened to IM..do u know what will happen with new legends..and what is the future of samn max 2
 SyntheticGerbil
03-15-2002, 9:57 AM
I dunno, IM didn't seem like they were doing much to keep themselves from destroying themselves. But then that has not happened yet.
 AndrewL
03-15-2002, 11:12 AM
umm...I just rented Xbox yesterday and played New Legends...pretty good game I guess.
 sheaday6
03-15-2002, 11:17 AM
You rented an Xbox, and played New Legends? What a waste of time! You should have rented one of the good games, like Halo or Reckless or something!
 AndrewL
03-15-2002, 2:51 PM
I rented more than one game dude. I also rented Halo and Rallisport challenge. Rallisport is an amazing racing game. best one i've played yet.
 sheaday6
03-15-2002, 6:15 PM
oh ... :(
 Jake
03-16-2002, 2:10 PM
Isaac, sorry if I was a dick. I've heard things from people at various levels of closeness to Infinite Machine, and they don't always match up with what you say. I'm just trying hard to match things together in hopes of figuring out what's going on with them. It's pretty hard when conflicting rumors are flying around and no official word is given out. Of course, Justin Chin didn't reply to my emails even before any craziness was happening... but that's probably irrellevant.

When people I talk to say one thing and then people you talk to say another, everything is really confusing and annoying. Also I have that whole fanboy-runs-a-news-site-unabashed-optimism going for me. While I think it's really likely that IM will flat out dissapear, I've heard things from various people that indicate that they might not.
 Jake
03-16-2002, 2:12 PM
In other news, IGN XBox gave New Legends a 5.5 out of 10 (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/354/354155p1.html).
 iisaac
03-17-2002, 6:26 AM
Speaking of anything, the death of a software company does not mean its team is dismantled and its licenses revoked. Stainless Technologies split the scene a couple of years ago in mid-development of a new game. Now they're back with the same favorite game licenses, more talent, and apparently better publishers (Rockstar Games?) (If I.M. were adopted by Rockstar, Sam & Max would get real guns and nice cars.). The moral of the fairytale is that dreams come true, especially sick dreams of mowing down pedestrians and scoring points for cruelty and inhumanity.
 sheaday6
03-17-2002, 10:48 AM
good ol' GTA. *sobs with joy*
 iisaac
03-18-2002, 12:52 PM
GTA3 is plenty of fun, but I was thinking about the possibility of Carmageddon IV, the true successor of Carmageddon I and II. Note that Carmageddon 3 doesn't use roman numerals, and therefore isn't part of the Carmageddon series. In addition, Stainless Technologies didn’t develop it. Carmageddon IV, if developed by Stainless, should rock quite hard. Beyond Games is developing a Hot Wheels (http://www.thq.com/games/Games_Detail.asp?UPC=38011) title that is said to be very good. I like chasing things around in cars, running over all sorts of things, and destroying other cars. Give me more of those games.
 sheaday6
03-18-2002, 5:40 PM
alas poor iisaac, completely desencitized to human violence
 iisaac
03-19-2002, 3:01 AM
On the other end of the spectrum, there are those who advocate violence in reality, while getting half bent over violence in video games.
Then again, I'm going off to war in a few years, so I better get my carnage infliction training. Both courtesy of The United States of America!
 SyntheticGerbil
03-19-2002, 6:27 AM
If I'm not mistaken, Carmageddon's easy mode is titled "As easy as killing babies with an axe."
 Jester
03-19-2002, 10:59 AM
You better send us some damn good post cards.
 CxRx
05-23-2002, 11:02 AM
The Game should be like Curse of monkey island.
I don't think 3d works well with those games. But if it has to be 3d I hope its point and click. Escape from MI was hard to control.
 YTtheMighty
06-02-2002, 1:27 AM
so, does that mean i spent $300 on an X-box just for the Sam and Max game and it is coming out for the PC anyway...:confused:
I'm going to go cry now...
 sam&maxballa629
06-09-2002, 1:54 PM
its gonna be out on XBOX. its been on all the gaming sites ive been to. dont worry just yet YT. im with cxrx the controls sucked. it would of been a lot better with point and click controls. PLEEZ HAVE POINT AND CLICK CONTROLS!*YOU NEED BULLETS, HURRY UP RUN!*:ewok:
 Jake
06-09-2002, 7:04 PM
You spent your money on an XBox for Psychonauts (http://www.doublefine.com/products.htm), so don't worry.
Page: 1 of 1