Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Pick your favorite

Page: 1 of 1
 Rogue15
03-11-2002, 9:52 PM
Pick your favorite level out of the mp levels i have created for mots.

dload at www.angelfire.com/extreme/atst/downloads.html)

and tell me why it's your favorite. :)
 Rogue15
03-13-2002, 8:39 AM
if they were jk levels people would be tripping over eachother to dload them and give comment. :rolleyes:

edit: yay i voted for one!!!

I voted for Arena 33421 cuz it was the first level I ever worked hard on. took me a week i think. and i accidentally hit calculate lighting and was forced to learn colored lighting. :D I remember i was going to make it small, but i started work on another level...and was like 'hmmmmmm.........' and learned what 'multiselect' was, and copied the arena portion and pasted it by the hangar/prison section and cleaved and got it all adjoined...if ONLY i had known about layering back then. hehehe I proceeded to make the sp part (originally intended) but too bad, u can't dload it cuz i accidentally deleted it while putting up my newest level to be beta tested...hehehe

I then took a while to learn how to make 3dos for an outside building, i made a bunch of ones that looked like buildings in rogue squadron 3d.

Then I started work on 'Fest' from the rogue squadron level, Escape from Fest. I always wondered what it'd be like to get into a snowtroopers boots on that level, and so i added about everything there was to add for that. It's a HUGE level. best played with teams on a lan since it'll probably lag with more than 4. it has about everything u'd find in the rogue squadron level. the only downfall is it's size...it is HUGE, but it gives u the feeling of being there, at fest. if only i would've added a snow cog...

then i learned how to do negative space editing and catwalks and stuff, and I made the first AT-PT 3do and released it on massassi!!!! so i started on my next level...

Invasion was the next level I did, I wanted to make it like a mercenary's house, tried to do steps, hit the vertex/surface limit, then made it a ramp instead. Invasion has some windows and a balcony going around it and 2 rooms, a sleeping quarters and a dining room/relaxing room. hehe I added my atpt 3do in the garage, added some beams, etc. it also has a roof u can walk on, and ships docked there. I ruined the level's gameplay by putting the carbonite gun and seeker detonator in it. :(

Then I started working on a more advanced level...one that is like totally outside and canyony. That was Massacre at Sulon. I originally was going to make it VERY HUGE but decided not to cause it'd be very hard and i'd run out of ideas and it'd lag. It was going to be sp, but i decided not to since it'd need a plot and everything and it'd suck. I added the landing pad 3do and the atst factory 3do, a garrison, and 2 barracks for the base. hehe I really worked on the architecture in the level, so expect to see rocks, pits, caves, and canyony stuff. hehe was trying to make it linear so it'd be just kinda straight foreward...it has tons of tuskens and stormtroopers all dead, decapitated, from an unknown force that 2 jedi unleashed upon their death (they killed eachother at same time). uh so expect to see lots of cool death scenes (there's no blood so don't worry). I ruined this level by not knowing how to give the player full mana at the start, so force users this level will suck for you. :D it's meant to be played tusken vs stormtrooper to give it an awesome feel, would work better on a lan party i guess, doing teams would be awesome.

next level i did was Initiation Arena. this level is the smallest of them all, meant to be for a quick lightsaber duel. It has red lighting, and that gives it a good feel to it i guess. hehe I originally made it sp, so when u dload it u get the sp and mp versions. The sp is an intense and super hard (i haven't beat it), and u face 1 opponent at a time with the lightsaber, kinda fun, was the first time i made the level go in a sequence thingy so it wouldn't show credits til after the boss. hehe Level is not messed up (at least i don't believe it is)

next level i made was 'Fortress of Fire'. this is sabers only, and a ton better than initiation. I have a catwalk like 30 feet over a deep pit that has lava stuff in it, very fun with sbx. there's only 1 powerup and that's the health in the center of the catwalk. encourages players to fight up there. force push is a must probably as u can push people off and hopefully into the lava pit where it's SUPER hard to get out with sbx. (the force jump in sbx). once u are in u slowly lose health and u have enough time to get to the surface, usually before dying. :D level is NOT ruined.

Now I'm working on another level, the biggest of them all, except maybe fest. I always wanted to do a very GOOD building level with floors and all, i finally have enough knowledge to go ahead and make it good. And this time i'm using beta testers to make sure the level is fair. It's the 'RSN Headquarters' so every member there gets there own room, specifies what they want in it, etc. It is going to be 5 stories. It has 3 cantinas, and i'm learning to use cogs. I've put my atpt in a few places, and made it fire a rail detonator, and that is awesome. :D I'm using a layout to make the whole level, Wraith 8 and Lynk Former put it together, I'm using it and adding some more stuff in, like additional rooms, etc. I'm having the members say what they want, give ideas, and i'm trying to put as much stuff in as i can.
The level will be mp as well as sp. the sp isn't going to make much sense, but it'll be very fun going through wiping out imperial officers, commandos, and stormtroopers!

man this was a long post. I hope more people dload my levels and tell me what they think of them (even if it is bad, i'm not easily offended).
 Pedro The Hutt
03-13-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Rogue15

then i learned how to do negative space editing and catwalks and stuff, and I made the first AT-PT 3do and released it on massassi!!!! so i started on my next level...

Good thing I provided you with reference material for that ne? lol
anywho I liked the Fest level personally. And the massacre at Sulon.
Page: 1 of 1